SS 6124 or CC 6144 or CS 6106 HELP!

pk&Di

Hi All,

I'm looking for some help with cabin selection. I want to do something quite special for my wife on an upcoming cruise. She thinks we are just getting an ocean view or a maybe a balcony. Please give me your advice!

The balcony size really isn't a huge consideration for my wife and I.

Is the SS much nicer than the CC? What about the butler experience? We would enjoy dinner service or lunch service in our room, do they do this well?

If the SS and CC are not much different in experience, finishings or amenities & service should I really consider the CS?

Please help as I need to make this booking ASAP.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thanks.

For our anniversary 9 years ago, my DH booked a SS for us. While it's not any bigger than the CC (IIRC), the butler just put it over the top. We had a really great butler that brought us our breakfast in the morning and talked with us about what to see/do in port. He would save the really good canapes in the afternoon for us and leave them in the cabin if we weren't there. He was even able to get a tux for my DH since DH left his suit pants at home.

Our cruise last year to Alaska we were in a RS and our butler again was wonderful. We didn't eat in the room though.

Next year we'll be celebrating our 30th in a CS (seeing a pattern here?) and I'm hoping we get a really great butler again.

In case you missed the "pattern" - our last 3 cruises and the upcoming one are all in suites. For the last 2, I convinced myself it was because our sons were with us, but really I think it's just become I'm spoiled and want the suite experience! Cuts down on the number of cruises we can go on but oh well! So fair warning - you may be setting yourselves up to be spoiled if you get a suite!

There is no comparison, especially if you enjoy in room dining. The CS (6106) will trump any sky suite especially if the balcony sizes isn't a major factor.

The windows are amazing, seperate bedroom, great locaion and layout, a real dining table in your cabin and you can eat on your balcony though harder, with a butler serving you it is possible.

If the $$ are limiting you, then the CS for sure.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks. That really IS helpful. At this point I'm trying to decide if the extra 800.00 would be worth the upgrade from the SS to the CS.

We have never been in a suite before, my only hesitation at this point would be that if the SS is just a little bit of a nicer room will that have any 'wow' factor or be special?

Again I'd appreciate whatever advice anyone has and if you know where to find detailed pictures of the SS or CS.

that would help.

Thanks

Thanks so much for the reply. So I think based on what you and the previous poster are saying, the Concerige Class room would be a no go?

For us, I think we will enjoy the Butler service.

I totally agree with you regarding CS trumping SS. That said, do you think there is anything to the SS where we have not been in a suite before?

Have you travelled in both?

I really appreciate your help with this. Wanting to make it a special time for my wife. [

QUOTE=need2bespoiled;42570225]There is no comparison, especially if you enjoy in room dining. The CS (6106) will trump any sky suite especially if the balcony sizes isn't a major factor.

The windows are amazing, seperate bedroom, great locaion and layout, a real dining table in your cabin and you can eat on your balcony though harder, with a butler serving you it is possible.

If the $$ are limiting you, then the CS for sure.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks so much for the reply. So I think based on what you and the previous poster are saying, the Concerige Class room would be a no go?

For us, I think we will enjoy the Butler service.

I totally agree with you regarding CS trumping SS. That said, do you think there is anything to the SS where we have not been in a suite before?

Have you travelled in both?

I really appreciate your help with this. Wanting to make it a special time for my wife.

Only you can make your final decision. If you will enjoy the spoiling in with butler, than it will definitely trump the CC but to some, the CC is a splurge. The CC are slightly bigger on M Class ships than standard cabins, but otherwise not a lot different with just a few added amenities.

The SS are a bit bigger and nicer, for sure then standard and CC Cabins, and come with the butler which does make a difference, especially for in room dining and general luxury feel. Then you add the bath tub instead of a shower. We don't take baths at home, but enjoy it during the slower pace of vacation.

As of April next year, they will have a dining room just for suites, and until then you get access into Blu (space available which usually isn't much of a problem, though it varies) and usually at least one specialty dinner but could be none or could be 2 depending on the length of the cruise.

The CS comes with lots of other amenities in addition to the wonderful cabin such as a private lounge and in our opinion slightly better service and willingness to accommodate a request such as a dinning time or special food requests in the cabin but this will vary from ship to ship and butler to butler. You may also get extra "elite" coupons in a CS for things like internet, wine discounts, and free laundry.

I have sailed in both a CS on M-Class and SS on S-Class but have been in every type of suite either on a cabin crawl or friends cabins.

When are you sailing and how long is the sailing should be considered. $800 over a long sailing (combined increase) is very small in our opinion. Sailings after April of next year will include more suite ammenities as well.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for this response. Really appreciate it. I'm in an S2 for Approx. 2200.00 and the the CS will be just over 3000.00

The sailing is 5day WC on Constellation. I agree with you if the costs were closer together I wouldn't be so concerned either way.

Is there a place where I can find out more about the amenities that the SS would not have (i.e. the lounge you mentioned) and the CS would have?

Thanks again for your help.

Only you can make your final decision. If you will enjoy the spoiling in with butler, than it will definitely trump the CC but to some, the CC is a splurge. The CC are slightly bigger on M Class ships than standard cabins, but otherwise not a lot different with just a few added amenities.

The SS are a bit bigger and nicer, for sure then standard and CC Cabins, and come with the butler which does make a difference, especially for in room dining and general luxury feel. Then you add the bath tub instead of a shower. We don't take baths at home, but enjoy it during the slower pace of vacation.

As of April next year, they will have a dining room just for suites, and until then you get access into Blu (space available which usually isn't much of a problem, though it varies) and usually at least one specialty dinner but could be none or could be 2 depending on the length of the cruise.

The CS comes with lots of other amenities in addition to the wonderful cabin such as a private lounge and in our opinion slightly better service and willingness to accommodate a request such as a dinning time or special food requests in the cabin but this will vary from ship to ship and butler to butler. You may also get extra "elite" coupons in a CS for things like internet, wine discounts, and free laundry.

I have sailed in both a CS on M-Class and SS on S-Class but have been in every type of suite either on a cabin crawl or friends cabins.

When are you sailing and how long is the sailing should be considered. $800 over a long sailing (combined increase) is very small in our opinion. Sailings after April of next year will include more suite ammenities as well.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Wow photos look great.

We are sailing March 16/15. Do you happen to have any of the S2 on an M Class?

Thanks again.

Paul.

While furnishing vary, for the most part, all of the Celebrity Suites (CS) are the same, This is one deck up on Connie.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greeneyed_girl/sets/72157644320037312/

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

I don't have any of the S2s on M-Class, just a visit to a friends (it was an S1) but the cabins are the same, only difference is location and if it is an accessible cabin. You can probably do an internet search on Google and look at images.

Here are the benefits of Suites. It says April 1, but some benefits are rolling out sooner, like the Suite Lounge for CS and Up.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Here are current Benefits:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=celebrity_suite_class&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms#&panel1-2&panel2-2&panel3-2&panel4-2&panel5-2&panel6-2&panel7-1

You'll need to click on an look at each cabin what they offer.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Do any of you know if the bed in the Celebrity Suite can be separated? We have a CS booked on the Millennium and after looking at the pictures posted by Jenna (thank you), the bedroom looks almost too small to have the beds separated.

Garry

Do any of you know if the bed in the Celebrity Suite can be separated? We have a CS booked on the Millennium and after looking at the pictures posted by Jenna (thank you), the bedroom looks almost too small to have the beds separated.

Garry

Somehow I missed pictures of the bathroom? Not sure if I took any or not, I guess I'd have to look.

Anyway, both End tables moved, and the bed was definitely two beds pushed together with an Egg Crate, so presumably it could be done, but there wouldn't be much seperation or room between them.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jenna. On the Infinity FV, they had to remove one of the bedside tables and place the other one in the middle when separating the beds, so I'm glad to read that this can be done.

We'd love to see pictures of the bathroom, if you have them. Thanks so much for the nice pictures.

Garry

DH and I sailed in a CS last year (Summit 7138) and will sail again b2b in one this year (Summit 8106). We sailed in an OS on Explorer of the Seas recently, and we thought the CS on the Summit was prettier. I mean it is really pretty, and I don't think the pictures do it justice. There is a dressing room off the bedroom, and this can be closed off with beautiful doors. There also a door to the bedroom that can be closed to separate it from the living room. It is like an apartment. The bathroom, which you didn't see, is all marble and has a Jacuzzi tub/shower and Mr. & Mrs. sinks. It is a pretty bathroom and gets light inside from a window located in the tub the opens into the living room. There are blinds that prevent one from looking inside or outside of the tub, and those can be adjusted if one desires. The windows in the living room are spectacular. The only downside is getting into and out of the bathtub. I would request a tub mat, which makes this easier. It's hard to describe, but there isn't sufficient room to navigate between the sink and the toilet to get into that tub easily. The tub has very high sides, and one cannot sit on the side to swing over into or out of the tub. Also, the floor of the tub is higher than the floor in the bathroom. Please don't be deterred by what I'm saying. Just ask for a tub mat, and you should do fine. We did it both with and without the mat, and the mat helps. It will be a wonderful experience for you, and your DW will be impressed and feel very special.

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for this response. Really appreciate it. I'm in an S2 for Approx. 2200.00 and the the CS will be just over 3000.00

The sailing is 5day WC on Constellation. I agree with you if the costs were closer together I wouldn't be so concerned either way.

Is there a place where I can find out more about the amenities that the SS would not have (i.e. the lounge you mentioned) and the CS would have?

Thanks again for your help.

In my view, $800 is a lot to pay for an upgrade to a celebrity suite for 5 days. I'd stick with your sky suite. You still get a butler and the suite benefits.

Thanks Jenna. On the Infinity FV, they had to remove one of the bedside tables and place the other one in the middle when separating the beds, so I'm glad to read that this can be done.

We'd love to see pictures of the bathroom, if you have them. Thanks so much for the nice pictures.

Garry

I am sure I took pictures of the bathroom, but this is the only one I can find right now:

https://flic.kr/p/npthN2

Here is a slide show I found by someone else.

http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/MoreMoores/slideshow/Celebrity%20Suite/?albumview=slideshow

There is one shot of the bathroom. You can see the window from the tub into te living room. You can see the sinks and but can't see the toilet. However, there isn't much else too it, except the LOADS of extra storage space.

I am a clothes, shoes and accessories hog and I could't fill all the storage space for a month long trip when I brought two bags, my partner brought two bags and we bought lots of stuff along the way (some of which was consumed ;) )

As far as the $$ to upgrade, it's a tough one and is budget related which is personal. We'd certainly pay that for a week or 10 days, not sure about 5 days or not. We'd pay twice that for a 10 day cruise, but over 10 days, the sapce is more valuable as we want some room when we're onboard for a while. For 5 days, I'd say definitely the SS, the CS will depend on how much you want to spoil yourselves.

One final thought, if you're a betting man, you could book the S2 and be garunteed a suite. After final payment, about two weeks out, they'll almost definitely release a suite garuntee "w" or "X" class of cabin but sometimes they release a CS garuntee. You could book that (you may or may not lose ammenities if you do). It will likely be going for more than an S2 at the last rate available, but it may be going for less, you never know. It's gambling, but in general, I've seen suite prices on a number of cruises open up at the last minute equal to the S2 cabin price last available or slightly more before it was sold out. If it doesn't sell out (unlikely for a 5 day cruise in March), they'll drop the price to below what you paid and you may be able to "upgrade" for not too much anyway. If not, you'll be "stuck" in the SS suite. But still in a GREAT cabin and very hard to complain about!

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Hi All,

I'm looking for some help with cabin selection. I want to do something quite special for my wife on an upcoming cruise. She thinks we are just getting an ocean view or a maybe a balcony. Please give me your advice!

The balcony size really isn't a huge consideration for my wife and I.

Is the SS much nicer than the CC? What about the butler experience? We would enjoy dinner service or lunch service in our room, do they do this well?

If the SS and CC are not much different in experience, finishings or amenities & service should I really consider the CS?

Please help as I need to make this booking ASAP.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thanks.

if you can get 6145 or 6146, great choice. Extra large great bathrooms as in the suites that cost significantly more. SS are larger more storage and my perks then CC. You get a butler and depending upon the date of the cruise, a private suite only diningroom that includes SS guests.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I am sure I took pictures of the bathroom, but this is the only one I can find right now:

photo

http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/MoreMoores/slideshow/Celebrity%20Suite/?albumview=slideshow

There is one shot of the bathroom. You can see the window from the tub into te living room. You can see the sinks and but can't see the toilet. However, there isn't much else too it, except the LOADS of extra storage space.

I am a clothes, shoes and accessories hog and I could't fill all the storage space for a month long trip when I brought two bags, my partner brought two bags and we bought lots of stuff along the way (some of which was consumed ;) )

As far as the $$ to upgrade, it's a tough one and is budget related which is personal. We'd certainly pay that for a week or 10 days, not sure about 5 days or not. We'd pay twice that for a 10 day cruise, but over 10 days, the sapce is more valuable as we want some room when we're onboard for a while. For 5 days, I'd say definitely the SS, the CS will depend on how much you want to spoil yourselves.

One final thought, if you're a betting man, you could book the S2 and be garunteed a suite. After final payment, about two weeks out, they'll almost definitely release a suite garuntee "w" or "X" class of cabin but sometimes they release a CS garuntee. You could book that (you may or may not lose ammenities if you do). It will likely be going for more than an S2 at the last rate available, but it may be going for less, you never know. It's gambling, but in general, I've seen suite prices on a number of cruises open up at the last minute equal to the S2 cabin price last available or slightly more before it was sold out. If it doesn't sell out (unlikely for a 5 day cruise in March), they'll drop the price to below what you paid and you may be able to "upgrade" for not too much anyway. If not, you'll be "stuck" in the SS suite. But still in a GREAT cabin and very hard to complain about!

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the picture thread Jenna! We will be staying in a CS on the Summit in June and these are great. Just wondering...the balcony looks nice and long, but I only see 2 chairs and table (maybe I missed more furniture) but is that all they have? We'll need 4 chairs, even a lounger if possible. Does anyone know if the CS has that or will they provide?

Thanks for the picture thread Jenna! We will be staying in a CS on the Summit in June and these are great. Just wondering...the balcony looks nice and long, but I only see 2 chairs and table (maybe I missed more furniture) but is that all they have? We'll need 4 chairs, even a lounger if possible. Does anyone know if the CS has that or will they provide?

We have stayed in the Celebrity Suite, and will again this August on the Summit. The balcony was added a few years ago- it isn't very deep (narrow)and not huge. I think no problem with 4 chairs- but not sure a lounger could fit. You also have to good sized walk in closets in the bedroom, with a dressing table which is great for putting on makeup and doing your hair.b Enjoyed the livingroom/dining room and an additional bedroom.

Also if you go on youtube you can see a video of the Celebrity Suite. I thought you were interested in a Conceirge Class cabin, which is a regular balcony cabin with some upgrades.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We had 4 chairs, there is no room for lounge chairs really, and we asked, but they complained about fire hazard so the compromise was they brought us foot stools. Two of the four chairs went to full recline (though sideways) whic is like a lounger with a foot stool.

We wanted the extra space, so we had 2 chairs removed :)

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna,

Thanks again for your responses. Super helpful. The Celebrity Suite is really tempting.

I agree, if this was a 10 day, it'd be a no brainer. Presently, I think I'm leaning towards the sky suite, it seems to be a good deal compared to the other pricing.

I looked at the docs you sent my way, however, it seems those benefits etc apply only after april 2015. I'm struggling to find detailed info on the Celebrity website but will continue to look.

I do like the strategy you mentioned regarding getting to the past final payment stage. As of yesterday the Celebrity Suites were half sold. The SS2 all sold (including the one I have reserved).

The other factor is there is another couple traveling with us on this trip, and while the CS would be fun as we could have them over for dinner etc., I think their presence means we will spend more time outside of the room.

So if I can confirm that all other benefits would be the same, then I think I will settle on the S2 and see what pricing does.

Again any further comments etc. would be helpful. Again really appreciate all the feedback.

https://flic.kr/p/npthN2

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

The CS is great but the SS is a great suite start on a 5 day cruise..take the $800 and out it towards your next cruise!!! Also, it's smaller then pictures allude too...

While I may agree with not spending the $800 on a 5 night cruise I disagree with your statement that the CS is smaller than the pictures allude to... It is quite a large suite and the pictures accurately show that. The bedroom is not large, but doesn't need to be but the dining and living areas are quite spacious. It's a great suite and if money is not an issue then go for it!!!:D