Open Seating 'Waitlisted?

Snook

Well, I learned something new today. An email from HAL advised me to print out my express docs to see a change in my dining confirmation. Under Confirmed Dinning is says: "OPEN SEATING, dining on waitlist." I thought that 'open seating' was just that - open - which we had signed up for when we scheduled. I'm not sure how 'on waitlist' applies to open seating but I guess I'll find out soon.

We requested open dining a year in advance, were in a Neptune suite and were assigned a table at fixed late dinner. We didn't even get a warning that we might not get open/as you wish seating.

If HAL can't accommodate guests in Neptune suites, we are all in trouble. I certainly would have taken up this issue with higher authority.

We requested open dining a year in advance, were in a Neptune suite and were assigned a table at fixed late dinner. We didn't even get a warning that we might not get open/as you wish seating.

When we book a Neptune suite we normally get the dining choice we want, even if it has been listed as waitlist. Once we booked a Signature suite and were on a waitlist for Early, but when we took an upsell to a Neptune we were quickly cleared for Early dining.

DaveOKC

That's the first time I've ever heard of Neptune pax not getting their dining request. We always have. In fact on the HAL website list of Neptune amenities it says "Priority dining and seating requests". Did you talk with the maitre'd or a MDR officer about it?

We did inquire when they gave us our cards and I saw the assignment. They said check onboard and we asked the concierge. She suggested trying the fixed and if we were not satisfied she would work in a change.

We were most concerned that the fixed table was for 6 but the servers were nice and no one else showed up so we just left it alone.

I'm not sure why we got bumped from open. It seemed odd to me as well.