Why buy cake?

Because they're delicious. What more reason is needed?

I love the chocolate cake, the carrot cake, the cheesecake, the fruit tarts and the chocolate covered strawberries. Love the milkshakes as well. And the gelato!!!

Edited by TheTravelista

We have. I think one of those big slices is $2.50 and we shared and still couldn't finish it. Just couldn't pass it up because it looked sooooo good!

We shared a huge piece of carrot cake. My SO finished his half & I put part of mine in the fridge. Never did finish it. It was yummy but so-o-o so rich.

I have a tradition of buying a piece of the carrot cake on the first or second day. I always take what I can't finish back to the cabin to finish off later the next day. The desserts at the coffee bar put the MDR to shame. So much better and definitely worth the price.

In addition, those who spend their money the way they want is because they can. I've seen posts in the past "Why would someone pay extra to dine in a specialty restaurant when there is plenty of free food?". It's because they can and it is not for me to question why.

Totally agree with the above.

Basically, people are willing to pay more to get something better. :)

LuLu

With all the delicious desserts Carnival already provides what reason is there to spend money on pastries at the coffee bar? Are they that much better? I know the coffee is better; that I understand.

Carnivals desserts are disgusting.

With all the delicious desserts Carnival already provides what reason is there to spend money on pastries at the coffee bar? Are they that much better? I know the coffee is better; that I understand.

That CARROT CAKE is delicious! and it's only like $1.95 or $2.95 and yes enough for 2 people.

You can get steak in the MDR but people still pay $35 to eat in the steakhouse...right?

The birthday cake...no, never again....for birthdays we get the carrot cake...lol.

Also, we had a lot of OBC and we don't drink much and the ship we were on had no steakhouse so we visited the cafe often for lattes, and such.

For the same reason people buy a fruit basket when it's readily available in the buffet area every day...because it's there and because people can.