Why buy cake?

When I would do a purchase at the coffee shop, it would usually be a mid-day or afternoon 'whim purchase' . . . and because of the quality of the product offered at the coffee shop.

There is very rarely a dessert present at the Lido buffet that I would personally call 'delicious', so I chose the better/best option (for me).

The difference in the cookies offered at the coffee shop to those on the Lido buffet or room service delivery is quite noticeable.

Have you seen the for-pay desserts?? They look so much better than most stuff on the buffet. And they are huge enough for two people. But I guess you could say the same for any of the extra charge venues. Still, I wouldn't buy one.

I've never even considered paying for deserts on the ship. I gain enough weight as it is already:D

With all the delicious desserts Carnival already provides what reason is there to spend money on pastries at the coffee bar? Are they that much better? I know the coffee is better; that I understand.

If you already understand why the coffee is better than use that same reasoning for the desserts. They are better.

If you already understand why the coffee is better than use that same reasoning for the desserts. They are better.

In addition, those who spend their money the way they want is because they can. I've seen posts in the past "Why would someone pay extra to dine in a specialty restaurant when there is plenty of free food?". It's because they can and it is not for me to question why.

IMO, the deserts at the cafe's are better, and larger than those offered at the buffet and MDR. We usually get several pieces of carrot cake, cheesecake, or strawberry shortcake during our cruises, and split it between two or three of us (family/friends)who may be around at the time. The quality, size and taste can't be beat for the price!!!

We ordered a anniversary cake several cruises ago and it was the best chocolate cake any of us have ever had so now its a formal nite tradition I look forward to it every cruise

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Edited by dwightnwynonia

Yeah, I thought that too - until I had a piece of the carrot cake from the coffee bar. Or the chocolate layer. Do so and you will edit your post!!!:)

Most of the desserts in MDR's and Lido buffets of all cruise lines are wasted calories, just not that good. I'll take the hit (and the cost) for those two cake slices.

The white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and the cheese cake at the coffee shop are great. The cookies are so soft. It's so cheap too and the sizes are huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back in the very old days, the birthday cakes were free at supper and they encouraged every one to have a birthday so there was cake every cruise day. Then the pay cakes stations came in and the birthday cakes were no longer free. Think there might be a connection ........................... Naw!

With all the delicious desserts Carnival already provides what reason is there to spend money on pastries at the coffee bar? Are they that much better? I know the coffee is better; that I understand.

OMG! It's like night and day! The stufff they sell is to die for.

Back in the very old days, the birthday cakes were free at supper and they encouraged every one to have a birthday so there was cake every cruise day. Then the pay cakes stations came in and the birthday cakes were no longer free. Think there might be a connection ........................... Naw!

Must've been around the time they were converting. I used to get the regular birthday cake, which was usually tasteless and dry, but this particular time, it was like the find you get at a fine bakery. I took back to my room what we didn't finish.

After that, they did away with the free one.

I purchased a cake specifically for my daughter's birthday so she would have one special for her, because I didn't think they would have let me back in the galley to bake her one myself. lol

And that chocolate cake we got was soooo good!

Edited by christyran1228

If you try the apple strudel or chocolate cake at the coffee shop, you will forget about the deserts they serve in the MDR or Lido. And they have chocolate covered strawberries.