Restaurant suggestions for Anchorage

Travel beagle

F Street Station is my first choice, but it's tiny. And then Glacier Brewhouse. Moose's Tooth for outstanding pizza. Simon & Seafort's for the view. Suite 100 is good too.

http://www.suite100restaurant.com/

http://simonandseaforts.com/

http://moosestooth.net/

http://glacierbrewhouse.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60880-d1381175-Reviews-F_Street_Station-Anchorage_Alaska.html

Any of those suggested by AKStafford are good. There is also the Fancy Moose at the Millennium Hotel on Lake Hood. The food hasn’t been spectacular although the outdoor dining on the patio is very good on a nice evening. It sits at the end of Lake Hood which is one of the busiest float plane lakes in the world. It’s just about 1 mile from the airport.

We are a family group with 10 adults and 2 children(6,9). We will be in Anchorage in June for two nights. We're thinking about Glacier Brewhouse and Simon & Seaforts. Are they both appropriate for a group with children?

Here are my best recommendations:

1. Ginger
  2. Moose's Tooth
  3. Southside Bistro
  4. Orso

I am not a big fan of Glacier Brewhouse. I went there once and got the impression from our server that "we're so cool" and "you should be glad that you're here". There was much more emphasis on the brews than on the food. That's my very opinionated opinion.

We are a family group with 10 adults and 2 children(6,9). We will be in Anchorage in June for two nights. We're thinking about Glacier Brewhouse and Simon & Seaforts. Are they both appropriate for a group with children?

I can only speak to Glacier Brewhouse, but the answer is yes, you'll be fine. I have seen large groups there, and it is a pretty festive and lively atmosphere.

As for Orlando Vic's experience there, I'm sorry that happened. I actually had the opposite happen to me. I was in Anchorage twice on business, both times flying solo. Glacier Brewhouse ended up being my go-to restaurant as I was made to feel quite welcome.

Here are my best recommendations:

1. Ginger
  2. Moose's Tooth
  3. Southside Bistro
  4. Orso

I am not a big fan of Glacier Brewhouse. I went there once and got the impression from our server that "we're so cool" and "you should be glad that you're here". There was much more emphasis on the brews than on the food. That's my very opinionated opinion.

Already made our reservations for 6 in mid-July @ Glacier Brewhouse and, yes, we are mainly going there for the "brew"!!!! Cheers!!!!:p;)

we don't travel to eat pizza except Italy or bar food.

Check out the websites of Simon and Seafort's, the Crow's Nest at the Captain Cook, Marx's Brothers. Ginger has good seafood, but, their main focus is Asian Fusion.

Susan in Anchorage :)

I think the kids would like Glacier Brewhouse better.

Also, with this size group, where ever you decide make a reservation.

Susan in Anchorage :)

And, no one has mentioned Sacks on G st. right off of 4th Ave....one of my fav restaurants....I like Simon and Siefort's but if you look closely at their website, it is a chain and not a local restaurant.....That said, they have an excellent reputation....I prefer to go to the bar room early....get a table by the window...and sit there for a couple of hours with a drink and some appetizers and then go elsewhere for dinner...if you still are hungry. There is a little Thai place on 4th Ave....in the blue building...it will be across from the Hard Rock when it opens, that has the most amazing Thai Chicken Wings that I have ever had...and it is inexpensive by Anchorage standards....Restaurant food is very expensive here....equal to midtown restaurants in NYC....