Review of our Spring Break '14 Cruise on Carnival Pride

PaulMedik

p176459652-5.jpg

p204483761-5.jpg

p515876275-5.jpg

It was a great morning for a walk. Everyone was sleeping in and the ship was all mine;

p98651409-5.jpg

p156308509-5.jpg

p42864607-6.jpg

These are very cool pictures. Just to show how quiet and peaceful the ship is at that hour. You would never know that there is 3,000 people onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the pictures. She really is a beautiful ship!

Carnival stated the ship would be fixed by April 19th. It looks like it's not.

jamscckmc,

My pleasure.

I think she was fixed before the 19th based on the even wake indicating both azipods were functioning at equal power. On the day the weather was so bad I assumed they cut back the power on the starboard azipod to decrease stress on the newly repaired parts. Also if something were to happen to an azipod during a storm like that it would be nice to be able to fire the other one up and continue on.

In the two sailings since our cruise Pride has made all of her port stops and made it back into port on time which further indicates the issue is resolved.

These are very cool pictures. Just to show how quiet and peaceful the ship is at that hour. You would never know that there is 3,000 people onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brianna,

Thank you.

It's always hard for me to sleep whenever I wake up and think about how peaceful it is out and about the ship. It's funny how I can skip all the scheduled activities and just enjoy the view from our balcony, but then have to get out and walk around in the middle of the night or early morning hours for the peaceful times. :D

What a great review! Thanks so much! We (DH, DS and I) went on the Pride a couple of years ago when DD was in college. It was such a fun cruise because we met so many nice people from our roll call and it was our first 7 day cruise. We will all be going on the Glory in a few days :D and will be going to some of the same ports that you did. We are planning on going to Jacks Shack and meeting Topher!

CruiserJul,

Thank you.

Be sure and enjoy a sand bath while you're there!

Hello Paul Medick and Family!

Once again another yearly review... and so very enjoyable with tons of detail.. thank you!

Have been following you for years now .. and usually we follow your ship and itinerary too! But this year, we were just one week apart.. as we went on the Magic the week after you.

I am positing my review now too... not nearly as much detailed and not nearly as many amazing pictures. I know how long this takes, and just want to tell you how much I have appreciated the time and effort the reviews take here on CC.

and... we left our oldest at college this year too. He is a freshman as well. Wasn't it a strange feeling being only 4 instead of 5? But.. for us, it was quiet too!! But besides the embarkation picture, we also skipped out on formal pictures. Could not take them with our oldest missing!!

Thanks again!

Catrin

Hello Paul Medick and Family!

Once again another yearly review... and so very enjoyable with tons of detail.. thank you!

Have been following you for years now .. and usually we follow your ship and itinerary too! But this year, we were just one week apart.. as we went on the Magic the week after you.

I am positing my review now too... not nearly as much detailed and not nearly as many amazing pictures. I know how long this takes, and just want to tell you how much I have appreciated the time and effort the reviews take here on CC.

and... we left our oldest at college this year too. He is a freshman as well. Wasn't it a strange feeling being only 4 instead of 5? But.. for us, it was quiet too!! But besides the embarkation picture, we also skipped out on formal pictures. Could not take them with our oldest missing!!

Thanks again!

Catrin

Catrin,

Thank you.

It was a very strange feeling. We only got ONE formal picture then one of the boys at the same location. Normally we get dozens.....and then more on the other nights too. Our S&S bill was at least $1k less due to not having so many pictures. :)

I'm planning to take pictures of Bryson in front of my green screen and then crop him into some of the photos; a few years from now he'll look at those pictures and not realize he wasn't there. :D

Just really noticed you guys are from WV!

I am living in Morgantown through the week since my company bought up the Consol mines in northern WV.

Not a bad place to live, I have a little 1 bedroom apartment spitting distance from the mountaineer field

Thanks for taking the time to post this wonderful review. Your pictures are amazing. We are going on the Pride (our 6th time) at the end of August. Until then, I can only dream of our cruise by looking at your pictures.

Tee, hee. I think that idea of pasting Bryson into the pictures is superb! I can just hear you all insisting that he was with you and perhaps shouldn't have had that pina colada at your brother-in-law's house.

Thanks so much for doing these reviews each year. They are truly a pleasure to read.

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I have a question. My son and I are leaving in a couple of weeks on the Breeze. One of our stops is at Grand Cayman. For the life of me, I haven't been able to figure out something fun to do there. Has your family ever been to Grand Cayman and if so, can you point me to your review of that cruise and maybe even suggest something that might be fun for a 13 year old boy to do?

Again, thank you for the review.

A truly wonderful review of the Carnival Pride. The Pride is one of our favorite ships. It was a great preview for our upcoming cruise this August on the Pride.:D

No pictures of Ft. McHenry when you were leaving Baltimore?

2013_08_04_0012.jpg

Thank you all for your kind comments. :)

Tee, hee. I think that idea of pasting Bryson into the pictures is superb! I can just hear you all insisting that he was with you and perhaps shouldn't have had that pina colada at your brother-in-law's house.

Thanks so much for doing these reviews each year. They are truly a pleasure to read.

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I have a question. My son and I are leaving in a couple of weeks on the Breeze. One of our stops is at Grand Cayman. For the life of me, I haven't been able to figure out something fun to do there. Has your family ever been to Grand Cayman and if so, can you point me to your review of that cruise and maybe even suggest something that might be fun for a 13 year old boy to do?

Again, thank you for the review.

rdler,

Thank you.

We've been to Grand Cayman a few times and mostly we enjoy Seven Mile Beach. The only excursion that we've done there was back in 08 on the second leg of our B2B when we had a bunch of friends and family with us and we all did the Jeep tour to Hell, Rum Cake Factory, Turtle Farm and then Seven Mile Beach. We played bumper cars with the jeeps (without actually damaging them) and wreaked havoc along the back road mud holes. Out of the entire group all but three jeeps were with us and I do feel bad for those folks because they had to think we were all crazy. :eek:

You can CLICK HERE for the review, but there are no pictures......WEBSHOTS really @$((&@. The pictures are now online at Flickr and will be on my site eventually.

A truly wonderful review of the Carnival Pride. The Pride is one of our favorite ships. It was a great preview for our upcoming cruise this August on the Pride.:D

No pictures of Ft. McHenry when you were leaving Baltimore?[/Quote]

BigDoug,

No, and I did mean to get some. I'm guessing something else had my attention in that area. Chalk that up as another photo I'll need to return to get. ;)

Edited by PaulMedik

Thanks for the great review -- it is helping the time til my first Pride cruise in November go by. Any chance you could go again on the pride between now and then, and do another review? Pretty please??

Carolyn,

Thank you.

I'd love to sail her again before November; I won't completely rule it out, but.....

Sorry for one more comment but just have to...this review brought things my family members have done or enjoyed that I have not seen much of, feel like they are reminding me of their good times while here from heaven. Your relatives stay on the

bay and my dad's epic weekend as a young man..he is still here... and the family DC thing we did do and the Greenbrier Hotel with such neat views that could be seen before it leaves out. My grandparents got to stay there on business..they always spoke of it fondly..an epic place..so family memories..connections, landmarks, travels....it feels so good...thanks.

Edited by sjn911

Sorry for one more comment but just have to...this review brought things my family members have done or enjoyed that I have not seen much of, feel like they are reminding me of their good times while here from heaven. Your relatives stay on the

bay and my dad's epic weekend as a young man..he is still here... and the family DC thing we did do and the Greenbrier Hotel with such neat views that could be seen before it leaves out. My grandparents got to stay there on business..they always spoke of it fondly..an epic place..so family memories..connections, landmarks, travels....it feels so good...thanks.

Sarah,

Thank you; it has been my pleasure as well. :)