Review of our Spring Break '14 Cruise on Carnival Pride

PaulMedik

Thank you for the great review!

Also loved the pre cruise journey as my dad lives in Hagerstown, MD and we have been to DC and surrounding area many times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the great review, We will be going to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay for the 1st time in February and your pictures of there were great!! We can hardly wait!! What type of camera were you using for your still shots? Thanks

Tee, hee. I think that idea of pasting Bryson into the pictures is superb! I can just hear you all insisting that he was with you and perhaps shouldn't have had that pina colada at your brother-in-law's house.

Thanks so much for doing these reviews each year. They are truly a pleasure to read.

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I have a question. My son and I are leaving in a couple of weeks on the Breeze. One of our stops is at Grand Cayman. For the life of me, I haven't been able to figure out something fun to do there. Has your family ever been to Grand Cayman and if so, can you point me to your review of that cruise and maybe even suggest something that might be fun for a 13 year old boy to do?

Again, thank you for the review.

rdler, my nephew and I did the sunken ship snorkel excursion through Carnival and it is much more awesome that the description implies. It is the best snorkeling I've done.

Paul,

Thank you so much for the awesome and detailed review. My mom and I are doing this exact same cruise next August. We're even staying in that same cabin! BTW, I was so 'shocked' when I saw the pic of your son throwing out the 'shocker' that I spit iced tea all over my monitor and couldn't breath from laughing so hard. Boys will be boys.

Thank you for the great review, We will be going to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay for the 1st time in February and your pictures of there were great!! We can hardly wait!! What type of camera were you using for your still shots? Thanks

CB42,

Thank you.

I used several Canon cameras; 5DIII, D20, SX260HS, and SX50HS. You can click on any of the pics and the picture will display on my website with the camera name / info at the bottom of each picture.

rdler, my nephew and I did the sunken ship snorkel excursion through Carnival and it is much more awesome that the description implies. It is the best snorkeling I've done.

Paul,

Thank you so much for the awesome and detailed review. My mom and I are doing this exact same cruise next August. We're even staying in that same cabin! BTW, I was so 'shocked' when I saw the pic of your son throwing out the 'shocker' that I spit iced tea all over my monitor and couldn't breath from laughing so hard. Boys will be boys.

grumpyjr88,

Thank you.

:D I asked Britt about the hand gesture and he said it's his gang gesture for him and a group of his friends. When I asked him about it Spencer was listening and he knew the internet definition. Britt was adamant that his answer was accurate and that Spencer was crazy. :eek: You are correct; boys will be boys! :rolleyes:

I must say that I was glad Spencer was there and piped up with the internet definition because explaining it wouldn't have been easy. :p

CB42,

Thank you.

I used several Canon cameras; 5DIII, D20, SX260HS, and SX50HS. You can click on any of the pics and the picture will display on my website with the camera name / info at the bottom of each picture.

grumpyjr88,

Thank you.

I asked Britt about the hand gesture and he said it's his gang gesture for him and a group of his friends. When I asked him about it Spencer was listening and he knew the internet definition. Britt was adamant that his answer was accurate and that Spencer was crazy. :eek: You are correct; boys will be boys! :rolleyes:

I must say that I was glad Spencer was there and piped up with the internet definition because explaining it wouldn't have been easy. :p

LOL...yes and the cool thing is yours are not nerds..but really love and respect their mom and each other and you...so they will be just right with the growing up stuff...mostly..such a balance..:p:rolleyes::D.

I absolutely LOVE they like the dress up nights and sometimes go to dining room when you guys don't..you are all so cool together....every good moment will come back to them when they really need it...all these good times.

When my nephew played football for a small Catholic private school for 5 years..and it even helped hm with his masters just completed some..he saw suits for first time.,..the coach was strict about it..Gee it was nice seeing him in other than cowboy look...lol...Sarah

You may want to flip at times..but the games with YOUR OWN..especially at your level and up...there is no desciription..the love they are doing it, watching them..and a glass of red afterwards saves the heart...sigh...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

• 3 weeks later...

What a great review! We are debating about booking Pride for this July. I'm interested in the same itinerary that you did. We've never been to HMC and always wanted to see it.

There's a couple sailings that work in July, but if would also love to rent a cabana.

Do you know of any way to see if they are available for certain sailings? We could do either sailing in July, and if the cabanas are sold out for one but not the other, that would help with the decision.

What a great review! We are debating about booking Pride for this July. I'm interested in the same itinerary that you did. We've never been to HMC and always wanted to see it.

There's a couple sailings that work in July, but if would also love to rent a cabana.

Do you know of any way to see if they are available for certain sailings? We could do either sailing in July, and if the cabanas are sold out for one but not the other, that would help with the decision.

I got my answer! Thanks again for posting a great review.

Paul, another great review and great photos. Looks like you need to go on another cruise so you can write another great review with photos. Thanks

I got my answer! Thanks again for posting a great review.

tlw440,

Thank you.

I'd certainly like to.....:p

SondraC,

We're looking at doing a five day in October on Victory for our 25th Anniversary and there are three sailings that included HMC; getting a cabana is a priority. How'd you find out which sailings had cabanas available? I'm assuming you called and asked?

• 2 weeks later...
p129805916-4.jpg

Names on the wall

p17718893-4.jpg

p433131422-4.jpg

p149696079-4.jpg

p499235901-4.jpg

Steadying my camera for HDR shot;

p133626108-4.jpg

Just starting reading another one of your reviews which are always awesome. Your DC pics are great, being the wife of a vet and now mom of a Marine, I appreciate you including them, very powerful. I find myself going back and looking at them, guess I am a little emotional too, my hubby's crew lost men in Iraq and now my son head's off soon. He speaks Russian and just took the test for an Intelligence job that he secured before heading off to boot camp. He scored the highest of any recruit ever to come out of Gainesville, FL, which means he may be headed to some tough places.

He tells me he may learn Arabic or try to be sent to Russia. Didn't mean to ramble...but I just wanted you to know your pics have reminded me of the past strengths and sacrifices and has helped me with some of my "mamma" impending fears. I can't wait to read the rest. Much thanks.

Just starting reading another one of your reviews which are always awesome. Your DC pics are great, being the wife of a vet and now mom of a Marine, I appreciate you including them, very powerful. I find myself going back and looking at them, guess I am a little emotional too, my hubby's crew lost men in Iraq and now my son head's off soon. He speaks Russian and just took the test for an Intelligence job that he secured before heading off to boot camp. He scored the highest of any recruit ever to come out of Gainesville, FL, which means he may be headed to some tough places.

He tells me he may learn Arabic or try to be sent to Russia. Didn't mean to ramble...but I just wanted you to know your pics have reminded me of the past strengths and sacrifices and has helped me with some of my "mamma" impending fears. I can't wait to read the rest. Much thanks.

KeyStoneMama,

Thank you.

Thank you for 'rambling' as well; sounds like an amazing son you have. :)

CB42,

Thank you.

grumpyjr88,

Thank you.

:D I asked Britt about the hand gesture and he said it's his gang gesture for him and a group of his friends. When I asked him about it Spencer was listening and he knew the internet definition. Britt was adamant that his answer was accurate and that Spencer was crazy. :eek: You are correct; boys will be boys! :rolleyes:

What a great review, we are thinking about Pride for next year for HMC. We were there on the fascination and loved it. I'm also in need of a camera. My old camera is showing its age. So of course I had to sneak a peak at what you were using. I'm not the greatest photographer, but the Canons seem to treat me the best.

tlw440,

Thank you.

I'd certainly like to.....:p

SondraC,

We're looking at doing a five day in October on Victory for our 25th Anniversary and there are three sailings that included HMC; getting a cabana is a priority. How'd you find out which sailings had cabanas available? I'm assuming you called and asked?

Paul, I went to the roll call for that particular sailing and asked the fine folks to check for me.

What a great review, we are thinking about Pride for next year for HMC. We were there on the fascination and loved it. I'm also in need of a camera. My old camera is showing its age. So of course I had to sneak a peak at what you were using. I'm not the greatest photographer, but the Canons seem to treat me the best.

Sammee,

Thank you.

The Canons are quite forgiving. If you watched the videos you can see that many times I just pull, aim, and shoot. :) The Canon does the rest!

Paul, I went to the roll call for that particular sailing and asked the fine folks to check for me.

SondraC,

'Call and ask' vs asking people who would know. It really is always best to ask a customer isn't it? :D I'll keep that in mind the next time I need to know something. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul....I just went back through an re-read your entire review.

I booked a last minute travel agent rate on the Pride for July 27th. We are going to the same ports. I can't wait to see Half Moon Cay again.

Thanks Again for such a great review

I booked a last minute travel agent rate on the Pride for July 27th. We are going to the same ports. I can't wait to see Half Moon Cay again.

You driving? If so you should drive south then east so you drive through God's country aka the commonwealth of kentucky

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Brianna,

Thank you!

Bon Voyage!

You driving? If so you should drive south then east so you drive through God's country aka the commonwealth of kentucky

KyBlueCruiser,

That's true and if she does that she can then drive thru God's home town of West Virginia. :)

Hi Matt. Yes we will be driving. It's about 13-14 hours from our home in northern Illinois. I'm not sure which route we will take yet. I don't think we will make it down into Gods country.....haha

Hey Paul.....sorry I got another question for ya. Is the Butterflies Lounge on Deck 1 where they have Comedy Club at night or is that held in a different location??? Thank You

Brianna,

Yes, the comedy club is in Butterflies lounge and is larger than other ship's comedy clubs yet still has the same feel.

Brianna,

Yes, the comedy club is in Butterflies lounge and is larger than other ship's comedy clubs yet still has the same feel.

Thank You Paul. That will be nice and convenient at night. Go to the show in the Taj Mahal show lounge and then go down one floor to the Butterflies Lounge

I am completely ticked off at this review. Not only are the photos fabulous but in all my 17 cruises why haven't I been to Grand Turk? Now, I have to find a cruise that go's there, because I loved it. Your photos are amazing, thanks for costing me and my darling hubby a bunch of money on our next cruise will be to Grand Turk or I will just die. :D

I loved that the Pride is very much like her sister Legend. I have been on Legend 3 soon to be 4 times, and now, hope that I get to cruise on Pride once she moves to Tampa.

Excellent.

Totally enjoyed your review. It's been two years since my last cruise and after reading this review, I really need to book one soon!

Adamsfly,

Thank you.

No better time to book than now! Bon Voyage!

I am completely ticked off at this review. Not only are the photos fabulous but in all my 17 cruises why haven't I been to Grand Turk? Now, I have to find a cruise that go's there, because I loved it. Your photos are amazing, thanks for costing me and my darling hubby a bunch of money on our next cruise will be to Grand Turk or I will just die. :D

I loved that the Pride is very much like her sister Legend. I have been on Legend 3 soon to be 4 times, and now, hope that I get to cruise on Pride once she moves to Tampa.

Excellent.

dulcimergirl,

:D Thank you.

I'm sorry about the co$ts......not really; you can't take it with you so spend it!

We have also sailed Legend and honestly liked Pride quite a bit better.

Bon Voyage!