Norwegian Getaway Studio Cabin

Tminish

Did the upgrade fairy contact you to do the upgrade? (NCL lol) I started out paying about $1100 for studio. Since booking I've had one price drop. I'm now at $979. I don't believe I'll get any lower than that. Lol. I am ok with the studio. It gives me the chance to experience it since I've done ocean view and balcony already. I can just add it to my list of cabins. BUT that doesn't mean I won't upgrade if I am given the opportunity and the price is right. There's hands down nothing better than having a balcony in your cabin.

I thought once your cruise is paid for no changes can be made to your booking. Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can make changes whenever you like before and after final payment. Changes are a little less complicated before final payment. Be aware if you received some promos, OBC, it may go away if the promo has expired when you make your change. Just check the NCL website and if you see a change on your date, call your TA or NCL to make the change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by lwrandall

Here are some of my pictures from Getaway's maiden voyage... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1969191&page=6#115

The Getaway and Breakaway lounges are identical except Getaway has a nicer red upholstery.

The studio experience is great. You get meet other solo travelers for meals and activities, and there is a host to help break the ice and organize group dinner and activities. There is an addictive express/latte/cappuccino machine as well as ice water and juice in the lounge.

Bon voyage.

Thanks for your pictures!!!

I just toured the Getaway this past Saturday, AMAZING SHIP!!! I can't wait for our sailing in December! Anyways I took some pics of the studios for my sis :-) Hope these help! [ATTACH]311226[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311227[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311228[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311229[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311230[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311231[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311232[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311233[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311234[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311235[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311236[/ATTACH][ATTACH]311237[/ATTACH]

Oh. My. Gracious! Seeing these pictures just bring SO much excitement!!!! Thank you for sharing!

I only wish. lol.

I have a spouse and two young kids. I wish cruise life was as simple as a cat T. Instead I need three baths, three hair dryer outlets, two balconies, two safes, six walk in closets, lol.

I'll need 4 cat T's connecting on NCL. lol. :p

Of course two cat T's on DCL would work. :p lol.

LOL!!!! Sounds to me you need to book The Haven. LOL!

You can make changes whenever you like before and after final payment. Changes are a little less complicated before final payment. Be aware if you received some promos, OBC, it may go away if the promo has expired when you make your change. Just check the NCL website and if you see a change on your date, call your TA or NCL to make the change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's great to know! I only received the little $12.50 for OBC so losing that would not be an issue. LOL! I have actually been stalking the NCL website almost everyday. Not just to look at pricing, but to look at another cruise! LOL!!!!!

Did the upgrade fairy contact you to do the upgrade? (NCL lol) I started out paying about $1100 for studio. Since booking I've had one price drop. I'm now at $979. I don't believe I'll get any lower than that. Lol. I am ok with the studio. It gives me the chance to experience it since I've done ocean view and balcony already. I can just add it to my list of cabins. BUT that doesn't mean I won't upgrade if I am given the opportunity and the price is right. There's hands down nothing better than having a balcony in your cabin.

I thought once your cruise is paid for no changes can be made to your booking. Am I wrong?

I called them 7 days before- I just happened to be looking online after the Eagles game that day. I called and there was no problem doing it.

I think by October you would be able to get a deal as well.

How much did you pay to upgrade if you don't mind me asking? And did someone from NCL call and offer it to you, or did you just keep an eye on it before the cruise?

I didn't pay for the upgrade. I just kept watching the price, something I learned on CC. I guess the price I paid fir a studio, around $1000 became the price of a balcony ! I never thought to ask cuz I was a solo....but some studio guests paid $569 for their studio, so I would have been upset!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I did the "breakaway" last October 6th to Bermuda~~booked a solo cabin and at the last minute did a balcony for$250.00 more! I went to the studio social gatherings every night between 5 and 6 and met many people! The studio was too small a cabin for me~~glad I did a balcony~~some people I met loved the studio's. I know me and have to have a balcony. I am doing the "Gem" this October for 11-days as a solo and having a balcony also! Good luck and Happy sailing!

Just got off the Getaway in April and both of my young Adult Sons were in Studio cabins. Absolutely no complaints. The Cabins are well thought out and just right for one person. Both of them loved it. The Studio area is private and the Lounge area is great. They always had cookies and pastries throughout the day and coffee and juice as well. Always people to meet and talk with if you wanted to. My wife and I were on the same deck (10) and got to see the area frequently. Only studio guests are allowed in the area but our Son's gave us a couple of "tours"! I think you will have a great time and the ship is outstanding.

Hi We are sailing on August 2nd. and our son has a studio. We are on the same floor with a balcony room and our daughter and her friend also on the same floor with an inside room. Do you mind telling me how old your sons are?

Have you all seen this, from the Breakaway? Not the GA, but ... should be similar.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1M33E6CgtWG84JhfhBpZr2f8hAmV-UTGJ2m5lNkiq_Jg/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd4068dcf_00

from; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Not sure of any differences between the BA and GA Studios yet, outside of decor.

Please share if you find any.

HTH and TIA

I've never sail NCL so this'll be my first with them as well as my first in a Studio room, so I appreciate seeing more pics than the website had. :) Thanks!

Alinora

Does the studio lounge on breakaway have the wine dispensers available 24 hrs a day? Is there a bar where you can buy cocktails in the lounge?

The wine dispensers are available 24 hrs a day and the wine glasses are above it.

There's a bartender only during the solo travelers gathering in the Studio Lounge which is around 5 or 6 pm (See the Freestyle Daily Newsletter for times).

You're at most a 3 deck stroll from Deck 8 which has a few bars, Maltings Beer & Whiskey Bar, Shakers Martini Bar, etc.

Edited by kylenyc