B2B question re: traditional dining

Timbles

On every B2B cruise we have done the Maitre D came to our table to ask us if we would like to continue having the same table or to advise him of where we would like to go next. They are very obliging and if we have had wonderful waiters we usually stay with the same table.... if not so wonderful we ask to move to a different area.

We've done the B2B with traditional dining and have always gotten the same table and the same wait staff. Usually, the Dining Room Manager, would stop at our table towards the end of the first week and ask if we wanted the same table/wait staff.

One time I got a letter from the Matride to go see him. I wondered what was wrong and he just wanted to make sure I wanted the same dining room table/wait staff for the next week. He must have forgotten to find us during dining hours.

We previously had the same experiences as others & were discreetly asked if we wanted to continue at the same traditional dining table...until this year. :(

We did 4 day B2B cruises in January on the Sapphire and had a different traditional dining table for each cruise. On the Golden in March sailing 31 days from Buenos Aires to LA it could be booked as 14 and 17 day cruises. On this cruise our traditional dining table assignment was the same on both segments.

However on neither of these recent B2B cruises did anyone ask us what our preference was for the 2nd segment of the cruise. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

On every B2B cruise we have done the Maitre D came to our table to ask us if we would like to continue having the same table or to advise him of where we would like to go next. They are very obliging and if we have had wonderful waiters we usually stay with the same table.... if not so wonderful we ask to move to a different area.

Getting the same table is no guarantee of also getting the same waiters or even the same headwaiter.

On the last evening of the first segment of one Princess B2B, the headwaiter, waiter and junior waiter all said "see you tomorrow evening."

We never saw them again. All three had been assigned elsewhere the next morning.

Last fall, on the shorter, 4-day Cruise for a Cause sailing, which was only about 60% booked, they actually closed half of the Palm Dining room for the late seating and I was moved to another part of the dining room. Prior to the end of the first half of the b2b, my waiter, the head waiter and Maitre'd all stopped, asked if I wanted to change to anytime or stay in Traditional, and apologized profusely.

My waiter and junior waiter stopped at my new table each evening to make sure I was OK and for a hug.

I love Princess!