Allure questions

We have few questions, going next week on the Allure and we curious if anybody can help us out here thank you!

1- What would the best place for breakfast be for me, I can't have dairy and gluten but can have fried/hard boiled eggs, potatoes, ham, bacon, fruit, salad, and cold cut meats? I can't have pancakes, bagels, rolls, muffins, pastries, french toast, oatmeal and cereal.

2- We have a balcony cabin is there a mini refrigerator in the stateroom so I can have a glass of something cold in there for the middle of the night as I need to take medication?

3- For lunch, what would my best place to eat be, again, I have to only have meat carvings, meat dishes with no gravy/sauces, salads, plain vegetables, rice and potatoes?

4- The day you disembark from the ship, what time is breakfast served until in the Windjammer?

5- What is the latest we can get off the ship, we not in a rush as our flight is at 1pm?

6- We have specialty dining reservations for 5 evenings, I was told there are outdoor tables do I need to specify we don't want to sit outdoors, or do they only give outdoor tables to those who request them?

7- My daughter and her bf play tennis, I assume there are no tennis court on this ship am I correct?

8- If I want a hot breakfast in our stateroom (never ordered breakfast in the room before) and the signage that you place outside the door the night before, can I order scrambled eggs, ham, bacon and potatoes or do they not offer this?

9- Does anybody have the copy of room service menu and the breakfast menu that you place outside your door at night time?

We have few questions, going next week on the Allure and we curious if anybody can help us out here thank you!

1- What would the best place for breakfast be for me, I can't have dairy and gluten but can have fried/hard boiled eggs, potatoes, ham, bacon, fruit, salad, and cold cut meats? I can't have pancakes, bagels, rolls, muffins, pastries, french toast, oatmeal and cereal. I'd do MDR first choice (you can order and/or a buffet) and WindJammer second choice (cold cuts, fruits, pre-fried eggs).

2- We have a balcony cabin is there a mini refrigerator in the stateroom so I can have a glass of something cold in there for the middle of the night as I need to take medication?

Yes. We condensed the contents. If you take items out, the beverage team inventories, refills and charges every day or so.

3- For lunch, what would my best place to eat be, again, I have to only have meat carvings, meat dishes with no gravy/sauces, salads, plain vegetables, rice and potatoes? . You might look at the Solarium Cafe at Lunchtime, else the windjammer.

4- The day you disembark from the ship, what time is breakfast served until in the Windjammer? Not very late - maybe 6:00AM to 8:30AM - See Debarkation Day Link below. They suggest certain meeting/assembly areas for the various zones - and have pastries and beverages.

5- What is the latest we can get off the ship, we not in a rush as our flight is at 1pm? Generally They like you out of your cabvin at 8:30AM or so and off the ship by 9:30 or 10:00AM.

6- We have specialty dining reservations for 5 evenings, I was told there are outdoor tables do I need to specify we don't want to sit outdoors, or do they only give outdoor tables to those who request them? Outdoor tables at Chops and Giovanis (150 is inside) -- we didn't discuss in/out when we made reservations - I suspect you're safe specifying this when you arrive - or they are available for Reservations/changes when you board if you want to specify inside.

7- My daughter and her bf play tennis, I assume there are no tennis court on this ship am I correct? How about miniature golf and basketball??

8- If I want a hot breakfast in our stateroom (never ordered breakfast in the room before) and the signage that you place outside the door the night before, can I order scrambled eggs, ham, bacon and potatoes or do they not offer this? I don't have the menus - I'll bet Gambee's Allure Review (albeit Western Itinerary) has copiers of the room Service Menus.

9- Does anybody have the copy of room service menu and the breakfast menu that you place outside your door at night time?

Embarkation materials at the below link (sorry about the quality!):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jq6tkmfkygc5dmt/wDgtsTfTyj

Debarkation (and dining Times): https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfczq1bykfsha8r/Departure.pdf

Post if you need other materials including link to Eastern compass. You will LOVE the Allure. What are you doing in the Ports?

Ken

Edited by Ken076

1- What would the best place for breakfast be for me, I can't have dairy and gluten but can have fried/hard boiled eggs, potatoes, ham, bacon, fruit, salad, and cold cut meats? I can't have pancakes, bagels, rolls, muffins, pastries, french toast, oatmeal and cereal.

Solarium Bristo in the Solarium has your heathy food choices.

You can request your cabin attendant to empty the refrigerator so tha you do not get charged for anything. You can put you own bottled water or any other drink you get onboard in there. We bring water bottles and refill during the week. The Park Café also has flavored water available for free.

3- For lunch, what would my best place to eat be, again, I have to only have meat carvings, meat dishes with no gravy/sauces, salads, plain vegetables, rice and potatoes?

Park Café, Solarium Bristo, and the dining room. The Windjammer is small for the amount of people on the ship and always pretty crowded.

4- The day you disembark from the ship, what time is breakfast served until in the Windjammer?

Not sure, as we never went. The have a great breakfast in the dining room.

5- What is the latest we can get off the ship, we not in a rush as our flight is at 1pm?

We were off last at 9:45.

6- We have specialty dining reservations for 5 evenings, I was told there are outdoor tables do I need to specify we don't want to sit outdoors, or do they only give outdoor tables to those who request them?

You can let them know when you arrive although it is really nice dining outside abut Central Park

7- My daughter and her bf play tennis, I assume there are no tennis court on this ship am I correct?

You are correct.

8- If I want a hot breakfast in our stateroom (never ordered breakfast in the room before) and the signage that you place outside the door the night before, can I order scrambled eggs, ham, bacon and potatoes or do they not offer this?

I am not sure.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Edited by janetz

I can't answer everything, but I can answer the food questions. I have food allergies and RCI has been very accommodating to those. The first day, go to the dining room that is open for guests that have changes to be made and talk with whomever is in charge and explain your food allergies/needs. They will make sure you get everything you want and it be in line with your dietary restrictions. Each night the head waiter comes over to the table with the menu for the following day/night and asks what he can do to accommodate my food preferences and they make whatever I ask for. They will tell you that this accommodation is better if you are in the main dining area and not at the buffet and is difficult if you are in the My Time Dining room - so we just eat in the main dining room with a fixed table assignment. Never have had a problem.

Enjoy the Allure - she is my favorite ship.

Thank you Vanilla, its more difficult because 5 evenings we dining at specialty restaurants. I know if I just eat meat, potaotes/rice, plain veggies and salad I be fine. The same goes with the buffet...but I was just curious what they have to eat for lunch in the various areas so I can figure out my best place to have lunch and breakfast.

My wife is gluten free and her experience on Allure a few weeks ago was great. We ate in specialty restaurants for four of the nights and didn't have problems there either.

Best suggestion is to go straight to the main dining room when you get on the ship. You be able to talk to someone that can get you lined up for your meals the nights you dine in the MDR. We were even able to make arrangements for breakfasts and lunch if we needed. In the MDR for breakfast she was able to have gluten free pancakes which she loved and one day they made a separate hollandaise sauce so she could have eggs benedict her style (thick slice of tomato in place of the bread).

We did not go to the dining room until dinner time the first night. The head waiter knew her condition because it was documented in our check-in information. However, since she did not visit before hand and choose an item on the menu for that night, they had limited ability to accommodate. She ordered the Salmon and they brought her salmon. Well, because there was no pre-planning for this meal done, the kitchen had to prepare it on the fly in the gluten free zone of their galley. This changed the side dishes she was offered and the way the salmon was prepared. The salmon had basic seasoning and the sides were changed out for steamed vegetables and white rice. That is when we learned that ordering your meal the night prior affords the cooks the chance to prepare you different sides in the gluten free galley (DW really wanted the mashed potatoes that were supposed to come with the salmon, but understood when I explained that they are prepared much earlier in the day in large quantities in the "cross contamination" kitchen).

Bottom line, go to the main dining room and express your limitations. The food staff will make every effort to accommodate your needs. With dietary issues we have found that the only real struggle is dealing with the pre-planning takes a lot of the spontaneity out of a our cruise. But we did not let it hamper our good times.

Have fun

Also, the chef of the Solarium bistro came out and walked my wife through the whole buffet line to show her what she could and could not have. We met him on night 2 when we did Samba grill and he said that he would help her any time she came in and asked. We ate at Solarium Bistro at least three times for lunch. They had much healthier fare and it was not as crowded as the windjammer.

We also are going to dine in the specialty restaurants 5 nights maybe a sixth we still deciding whether we want or is it worth going to Izumi.

I am so glad to hear I can get a hot breakfast and eat it on the balcony, great news.

What did the Solarium offer for lunch, what types of food items did they have?

Thank you.

solarium cafe and park cafe- they have more "unadulterated" foods that will make it easier for you to choose.

yes, but it's not terribly cold, so don't leave anything very perishable for long

again Park and Solarium cafe as well as the WJ

4- The day you disembark from the ship, what time is breakfast served until in the Windjammer?the solarium cafe is also open and far less crowded, it's is served till around 8-8:30 AM, after that they expect most to be moving off the ship

they will assign you a departure time, but they will have everyone off the ship as close to 10 Am as possible, so you will need to wait at the airport

6- We have specialty dining reservations for 5 evenings, I was told there are outdoor tables do I need to specify we don't want to sit outdoors, or do they only give outdoor tables to those who request them?generally you request in or out when you arrive, your request is easily accommodated

7- My daughter and her bf play tennis, I assume there are no tennis court on this ship am I correct?its neither safe or practical to play tennis on a moving cruise ship ( all that space for 2-4 people, and running laterally when the ship pitches could cause falls or injuries

you can do exactly that!

Enjoy your cruise- with so many dietary requests, they are becoming more aware, and if you need simple stripped down meals,( meats and vegetables without sauces) in the MDR, with notice, they will accommodate that. Mention it to the Maitre d and include the info in your pre cruise data- they ask every cruise I book!:D

Edited by Familygoboston

Well there goes breakfast on departure day, I just getting up at 8, yes, I do leave the cabin around 8:45....this is odd because carnival served breakfast until 9:15 and so does NCL surprise its not a bit later.