New Chops Menu going fleet wide

I have not read the entire thread (but searched for "martini" just in case). Wonder if they will still keep the Lemon Grass Martini? Love it - it helps offset the "cost" of the experience and make it even more special. We have tried ordering the martini elsewhere with no success.

Wish you could just stop by for an appetizer and martini or two.

In the pic with the tator tots, what is the meat with the bone sticking out? Is it the veal chop? And was it good? It's looks delicious. Can't wait to try the new menu. Thank you for sharing all this great info.

Yes, that's a veal Chop. I didn't eat it but the person who ordered it had it both nights we went so apparently he liked it. :)

Yes, that's a veal Chop. I didn't eat it but the person who ordered it had it both nights we went so apparently he liked it. :)

Is there an extra cost now for the veal chop? It sure looks good.

What are the cuts of meat that are included and which are charged?

I'll admit, I am caving to some of the new salad and appetizer options. Not thrilled about the steaks on offer, but that veal chop looks worth a shot.

Not to be too picky about it...my favorite fries on the ship are the "Steak fries" that only seem to come with the "always available" burger sliders in the MDR; any chance those have made it to this new menu or are they shoestring or something else?

Is there an extra cost now for the veal chop? It sure looks good.

What are the cuts of meat that are included and which are charged?

There is no extra cost for the veal chop. Bob just reposted the menu which includes prices.

Edited by mommabean

• 2 weeks later...
It really is sad that Carnival, which is known for the "wal mart" of the cruse industry :rolleyes: serves a USDA Prime cut of beef for 35.00 while RCI charges you 35.00 PLUS makes you pay for a better cut of beef.

35.00 for a sirloin????? REALLY??????????

I don't know if I would be so harsh as we cruise on Carnival when the situation arises, but I would say that their steakhouse is outstanding! I prefer it to Chops.

What's a tater tot? Looks like something deep fried, so cheap and unhealthy.

As for the sides, very disappointing. 2 lots of spinach?

The appetisers are equally disappointing and uninspiring. JMHO. Not worth $35 pp to me.

Cookies for dessert, come on, it's supposed to be an upscale experience not dunkin donuts.

Edited by peteukmcr

I don't know if I would be so harsh as we cruise on Carnival when the situation arises, but I would say that their steakhouse is outstanding! I prefer it to Chops.

Oh i wasnt being harsh on Carnival at all. I too have heard many times from people that frequent both cruise lines that their steakhouses are better than Chops.

Do you seriously get cookies for dessert? Is there no other options?

There are several options for dessert. We had the new menu on Navigator in June. The new appetizers are great, especially the warm goat cheese salad and the bacon. Sounds weird but the pork belly bacon is like a meaty sparerib without the bone. They have a new way of cooking the steaks which we didn't like as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What's a tater tot? Looks like something deep fried, so cheap and unhealthy.

As for the sides, very disappointing. 2 lots of spinach?

The appetisers are equally disappointing and uninspiring. JMHO. Not worth $35 pp to me.

Cookies for dessert, come on, it's supposed to be an upscale experience not dunkin donuts.

Tater tots are a staple of "what do we feed the kids when we don't feel like cooking?"

It is a frozen potato concoction.

Potatoes are chemically peeled, chopped up, mixed with a little cooking oil, reformed into small log shapes, rolled in crumbs, and deep fat fried. Then they are frozen and put into plastic bags and sold in the freezer section of your nearby supermarket.

You take them home and reheat them in your oven.

:rolleyes: :eek:

by+WTB+06DSCN6112.JPG

39587548.tatertotslarge.jpg

Edited by Merion_Mom

There are several options for dessert. We had the new menu on Navigator in June. The new appetizers are great, especially the warm goat cheese salad and the bacon. Sounds weird but the pork belly bacon is like a meaty sparerib without the bone. They have a new way of cooking the steaks which we didn't like as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I thought its a candied bacon Dish. Not pork belly. They are different cuts.

You may be right, but I thought it said pork belly. I may be wrong , but it wasn't like any bacon I have ever had. I just checked the menu and it described it as Berkshire pork. I believe that the waiter described it as coming from the pork belly. Looked up Berkshire pork and it talked about pork belly. It was sweet and very tasty.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Since there is no open flame cooking the steaks can't really be grilled. Nothing else cooks a steak as well as open flame grilling, even flame broiling can't be done. No matter what else they do it can't make it very good on a ship.

Bacon in North America comes from the belly of the pig. Or Pork Belly if you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's anything but that simple. Pork belly is a larger portion then bacon itself. While they are similar they are not the same. And here in the US bacon is bacon pork belly is pork belly. 2 different products and packages. I know this because I cool them both often.

It's anything but that simple. Pork belly is a larger portion then bacon itself. While they are similar they are not the same. And here in the US bacon is bacon pork belly is pork belly. 2 different products and packages. I know this because I cool them both often.

Cook