Foster beer taste?

jb456

I live in Australia and nobody in Australia drinks Fosters! In actual fact I have not seen it for sale anywhere for at least 25 years.lol

Its must be very very cold or its horrible, In Australian pubs they put the glasses and pitchers in a really cold fridge so the glass is almost ice before the cold beer goes in, this makes it taste ok.

I would drink PBR anyday over Fosters because PBR doesnt have to be ice cold.

Fosters is all I drink on the Lido deck or in cabin. It's not bad. I always buy a Carnival soft cooler and buy 4 at a time and keep 3 on ice. If I am laying in the sun I keep my cooler of ice next to me and keep my open Fosters in it so it stays cold till the end.

We recently completed our 1st cruise a couple months ago. We were on Celebrity and had free drink packages. Thankful for that as it would have been a big bill lol.

We are now thinking of Carnival for our 2nd cruise in June. Drink packages are not worth it for us as out of the 5 in our group 2 are non drinkers. Carnival makes everyone pay the package if someone buys it so that is wasted money.

That said it seems like Fosters is the best bang for the buck. 750ml thats like 2 beers in 1 compared to the standard bottle of beer.

Question is what does it taste like?

Any Canadian or American brands have a similar taste?

A few other questions.

What is the savings buying by bucket?

Can Fosters be bought by bucket for those savings?

Can you buy a bucket and walk anywhere on the ship? Or you have to stay at that bar?

What I mean is lets say I have left overs and bring them to my room. Then later in the night can I open a can and got to the nightclub with it?

One other question which is going to sound silly!

I read you can bring water and soda on board. Is that just for your room? Or do people actually carry a can of Pepsi with them to lunch/dinner?

Thank you!

Ps - sorry for the silly questions were complete newbies still.

Fosters is ok, nothing special. It is supposed to be Australian type beer but it's not much different from typical north American beer. I think they may have changed policy now but I used to be able to cash in my free drink coupon at sea day brunch and get a fosters. I think they might not let you do that anymore due to the fosters oil can being so much bigger than any other canned or bottled beer they have. Once you buy a drink you can take it anywhere you want. Carnival couldn't care less really.

Go get a six pack & try it first. I'm going to check out Sierrra Nevada.
Chico State was the #1 party campus, for years, due to that beer.

Im actually drinking one right now. One of my favorite beers ever

to the OP...... Fosters is a lager...... not much flavor, but cheap for the size

Thank you everyone. Went to two stores but no Foster guess we don't get it in Canada lol. By the sounds of things guess it falls around PBR, Bud light.

I'm like 95% beer drinker 5% liquor/shots so hopefully Fosters is ok. Sounds like 1$ draft days back in college so I may just add a dash of salt to it:rolleyes:

I am suprised you cannot find fosters in canada, as most of the cans we now get in the Northeast come from canada, not austrailia. As far as Austrailians not drinking fosters, who cares, People in Mexico dont drink Corona either, but tourists sure love it.. By the way, Fosters has a much higher alcohol content then bud light, but it is a lager beer like Bud, so that may be the best comparison...

Go get a six pack & try it first. I'm going to check out Sierrra Nevada.

Sierra Nevada is excellent, but beware it is quite a bit hoppier and more bitter than a lager.

Foster's is awful.

I am suprised you cannot find fosters in canada, as most of the cans we now get in the Northeast come from canada, not austrailia. As far as Austrailians not drinking fosters, who cares, People in Mexico dont drink Corona either, but tourists sure love it.. By the way, Fosters has a much higher alcohol content then bud light, but it is a lager beer like Bud, so that may be the best comparison...

Maybe I will just have to try a bigger store (grocery) and they might have it. Here in Montreal beer is sold everywhere not like some other provinces that can only go to a beer store.

It could be possible that just my corner local store and gas station don't carry it but bigger chains do. Will try an actual grocery store this weekend to see.

By the way, Fosters has a much higher alcohol content then bud light, but it is a lager beer like Bud, so that may be the best comparison...

Yes, though that's more to do with the "Light" part. Regular Budweiser is the same ABV as Fosters Lager. Bud Light vs. Fosters Lager is about a 20% increase in ABV, so a 15oz Bud Light is roughly equivalent to a 12oz Fosters Lager or a 12oz Budweiser.

Bud Light 4.2% ABV: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/1320/

Fosters Lager 5% ABV: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/575/918/

Budweiser 5% ABV: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/65/

Oh I thought that was Old Milwaukee or Keystone.:p

Not where I was, those burned your throat. At least Foster's went down fairly smoothly. ;)

I worked college security for a couple of years and Keystone was king. Taste had nothing to do with it. :D