Allure- for fun whats in buffet lunch

Ok I am waiting for my cruise to come up, its lunch time and I am hungry but too lazy to go make lunch, I dreaming of going to the Windjammer for lunch, so can anybody tell me what the windjammer offers for lunch, name some meats, veggies, sides, get me full here please lol.

From my recollection on the Oasis several years back in does vary, with a few staples that always seem to be there like fries and burgers and the such. My suggestions drop the $5 cover charge and enjoy the deliciousness that is Johnny Rockets, Chili cheese fries? Awesome. Their burgers and chicken melts? Awesome. They're anything and everything? Also awesome. In addition, make sure to leave enough for me as I sail on the Allure once your trip ends!

Edited by theSHAH

They will have various beef, chicken and fish dishes however most of these have sauces on them so you need to check with the chef for your dietary concerns. They usually have one kind of meat at a carving station that is sauce free. Perhaps the chef can get some of the other dishes for you before the sauce gets added. Many of the vegetables are done the same way.

make sure to leave enough for me as I sail on the Allure once your trip ends!

theSHAH, I'm on this cruise too! I had to do a double take when I saw "11 days" on your countdown; life has been busy, and this cruise is sneaking up on me! Have you joined our roll call thread?

Erries your on this sundays cruise also?

Johnny Rockets, ummm lets just say years ago we went there both of us ordered the burger and had grease running down our hands and arms, we put the burger down paid the bill and walked out, fast food type foods aren't for us, but my sister raves about them too!

Meat meat meat now that sounds good!!

Do they have greek salad still on the salad bar in the windjammer?

They have subs, or a sort. If I remember, you can sort of choose your meats, cheeses, toppings....burgers, hot dogs, pizza, and then hot meals. Eating a full meal isn't my idea of "lunch", tho, so I've never paid attention to the entree/side thing!

Park Café is a must. Wonderful roast beef sandwiches, soups, various salads, & paninis to go along with various chips. On both the Oasis and Allure, we never stepped foot in the Windjammer as it was not to our liking. Also, on sea days, try the MDR "Tutti" salad bar.

On our last cruise we only went to the Windjammer once for lunch. But I might add we had a CP balcony on the Allure so the Park Cafe was very convenient. Plus we happen to love it. And of course at least once at Johnny Rockets.

Oh darn, I have to be gluten and dairy free, all sandwiches are out. Soups have dairy and panini's gluten ugh, what is this tuddi salad in the MDR on sea days what do they have there?

Oh, I am hungry this morning where is the buffet breakfast haha

Oh darn, I have to be gluten and dairy free, all sandwiches are out. Soups have dairy and panini's gluten ugh, what is this tuddi salad in the MDR on sea days what do they have there?

Oh, I am hungry this morning where is the buffet breakfast haha

The Tutti salad has many choices for ingredients. Here's a photo, courtesy of Linda:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42067114&postcount=8

Thank you for the photo and the videos your the best!

The tuddi salad didn't look anything special to me, just regular salad bar but the windjammer video for the lunch omgosh!! :D

The "tutti" salad actually is special. It is in the MDR (main dining room) when opened for lunch, which is usually on sea days only. It is like a Mongolian Grill for salad, in that you pick your ingredients and then a chef pepares (tosses) the salad. You can get this and still order whatever you want from the regular lunch menu. Also, the MDR is one place -- maybe the only place -- to get free hard-scooped ice cream for dessert. And then after the MDR you can go to the buffet... Burp...

Edited by Jimnbigd