Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review - Part 2

wrigley80

It was definitely a memorable cruise with these awesome people. Part of the fun of the cruise is the wait up to it. You're busy doing research and enjoying getting to know one another

Hey Brianna, JP here. Thanks for the review and especially the photos of the farewell m&g. It certainly brought back a lot of good memories. One the best roll calls ever!

Finally all caught up with part Duex! Sorry to hear about your dad but so glad he had his head on straight asking about cruising first!!

Oh yeah that was most important....hehe. He will be OK....it just wasn't the news we were expecting

Hey Brianna, JP here. Thanks for the review and especially the photos of the farewell m&g. It certainly brought back a lot of good memories. One the best roll calls ever!

Hello. It definitely was an awesome roll call with a lot of great people

Brianna love following your reviews, I was on Sunshine in Feb, then Dream April 14th, I think you got back just as I was going on the Dream. Loved it and also found that they had pitchers of ice water and glasses at the end of the bar there in Ocean Plaza, as I don't drink. Loved the Dancing in The Streets show, wish I could move like that.

Do you know where the ships coin is on the Dream?

Lifting prayers for your dad. So sweet ya'll cruise together. My dad won't go where his feet aren't on the ground :(

Brianna love following your reviews, I was on Sunshine in Feb, then Dream April 14th, I think you got back just as I was going on the Dream. Loved it and also found that they had pitchers of ice water and glasses at the end of the bar there in Ocean Plaza, as I don't drink. Loved the Dancing in The Streets show, wish I could move like that.

Do you know where the ships coin is on the Dream?

Lifting prayers for your dad. So sweet ya'll cruise together. My dad won't go where his feet aren't on the ground :(

Yeah we noticed that at Ocean Plaza as well. That was a great idea. I filled up my water bottle there often before heading outside on the Lanai.

No I don't know where the ships coin is on the Dream.....do you??

Thank you for the prayers for my dad. There is no one else that I would rather cruise with.

Just caught up, so sorry to hear about your dad. I am glad that you two can still cruise together!

CarnivalDream-April42014466_zps4fc3f339.jpg

I don't know why but I usually always wait to use my free drink coupon on the last sea day. I ordered a Miami Vice without alcohol....it was too early to start boozing it up already

I beg to differ with you, it's never to early to start boozing. :D

The BIG BLACK DICK had arrived.....PLEASE DON'T JUDGE

CarnivalDream-April42014477_zps04bf3748.jpg

I will never forgot the time hubby and I were shopping for spirits, and an older lady walked into the store saying she was looking for Big Black Dick. :eek: Mind you at this time I had no idea that this was a liquor, I just thought she was extremly drunk and a whole lot of frisky. LOL! :p

Just caught up, so sorry to hear about your dad. I am glad that you two can still cruise together!

I beg to differ with you, it's never to early to start boozing. :D

I will never forgot the time hubby and I were shopping for spirits, and an older lady walked into the store saying she was looking for Big Black Dick. :eek: Mind you at this time I had no idea that this was a liquor, I just thought she was extremly drunk and a whole lot of frisky. LOL! :p

Thank You. That was my dad's biggest concern was if he would still be able to cruise.....and we will so we can deal with the rest.

When my friend asked me to pick her up some Big Black Dick I had no idea it was an alcohol....haha. She was probably still a little frisky....lol

Thanks for your reports and photos, how were the selections in the Deli?

Thank You for continuing to follow my review. We only ate at the Deli twice but it has a good variety of hot and cold sandwiches. The grilled ham and cheese is very good and so is the Turkey Wrap.

You can't make a meal out of it but it is a nice snack ;)

:)CarnivalDream-April42014477_zps04bf3748.jpg

This picture is priceless!!!!

Great review as always. I enjoy reading about your adventures with your dad. My prayers are with him as he faces these new challenges.

P.S. My favorite drink is the Hurricane Wave :)

HAHA....Thank You. I am debating if I should frame this picture and put it on my desk at work for all my clients to see :p :D

Thank You for the concern for my dad. That is exactly what this is....a new challenge and we will face it together :) to make it through it.

That was my first time trying the Hurricane Wave but it was very good.....I will definitely be having another one of those of the next cruise

Hey Wrigley,

Hope your Dad will be ok!! You should really plan your next cruise when we take ours. That would be soo much fun!!! Glad you enjoyed your cruise and can't wait for the rest.

Thank You.....We are cruising on the Dream on December 7th....you should join us. We have an active roll call already.

Thank-You for continuing to follow along in my review :)

Well the day had come to disembark the Dream.....all good things must come to an end. Disembarkation in New Orleans was much smoother than Embarkation at Port Canaveral. We had zone tag #1 because we are Platinum. We went to the Ocean Plaza area to wait for our zone to be called. We were called about 8:15....from the time we were called to stepping foot in the cab was about 45 minutes so it wasn't too bad. :)

So now that we were off the ship we were headed to Budget Rental Car on Canal Street to pick up our car. We were going to spend the day in New Orleans before driving up to Jackson, MS to meet up with some friends for dinner. We would be driving home to northern Illinois. Driving home definitely has its benefits....you don't have to worry about how much is packed in each suitcase ;) which was a good thing because we bought quite a few t-shirts on vacation

CarnivalDream-April42014545_zps089e8eb3.jpg

This was our rental car. It was Ford Explorer. Very nice and comfortable to drive. We always rent from Budget and I had a 2-day rental on this SUV

OK who is ready to see New Orleans...aka "The Big Easy"

CarnivalDream-April42014478_zps03ee9912.jpg

Who doesn't want a Huge Ass Beer at 9:30 am

CarnivalDream-April42014479_zps50a41844.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014485_zpsa459b053.jpg

We arrived back into New Orleans on Monday, April 14. The French Quarter Festival was over the weekend. Workers were busy taking everything down

CarnivalDream-April42014486_zpsa3f23031.jpg

Another infamous sign in New Orleans ;) :p

CarnivalDream-April42014487_zps368c8025.jpg

It was a quiet morning on Bourbon Street.....all the drunks were still passed out :p

CarnivalDream-April42014488_zpsf4ec9fdd.jpg

Anyone who has been to New Orleans will know that here are beads hanging from everywhere.....balconies, electrical lines, buildings. I can't imagine what New Orleans is like during Mardi Gras :eek:

CarnivalDream-April42014489_zps0546a715.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014490_zpsade47881.jpg

Carriage Ride.....has anyone done this in New Orleans??? We are thinking about going when we are back in New Orleans in December

CarnivalDream-April42014491_zpsb7182edc.jpg

The Life of a Dog....he was just laying on the sidewalk on Bourbon Street :p

CarnivalDream-April42014492_zps8c75b756.jpg

More signs leftover from the French Quarter Festival

CarnivalDream-April42014493_zps77f18864.jpg

The lines at Café DuMonde stretched all the way down the street

CarnivalDream-April42014494_zps33bac537.jpg

Joan of Arc statue

CarnivalDream-April42014495_zpsaeb21e7b.jpg

The French Market

CarnivalDream-April42014496_zpsb0e0e858.jpg

My dad loves flowers so he is always taking pictures of flowers

CarnivalDream-April42014497_zpsc1bbda22.jpg

St. Louis Cathedral

CarnivalDream-April42014498_zps4cd149b7.jpg

I spy a Whale Tail....the Carnival Elation

CarnivalDream-April42014499_zpsfecaa945.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014500_zpsd97fad5d.jpg

Double Decker Bus. In New Orleans there are two companies that had double decker bus tours....City Sightseeing and Bus Vision. Last December when we were in New Orleans for our cruise on the Carnival Sunshine we went on a city tour on the City Sightseeing Bus. It was fun and a nice way to see the city

CarnivalDream-April42014501_zps856f7932.jpg

My dad wanted to drive over the Mississippi River bridge to see if we could get some pictures of the ship from the other side of the River.

CarnivalDream-April42014502_zps804ea068.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014504_zpsc8001a72.jpg

The cemeteries in New Orleans are unlike anything else. I am not a fan of cemeteries...I mean who is :eek: ;)

CarnivalDream-April42014505_zps6897c710.jpg

Floats from Mardi Gras parades???

CarnivalDream-April42014507_zpsed0ed610.jpg

Well we drove over to the other side of the river but we never did find a spot where we could see the ship

CarnivalDream-April42014512_zps4212f461.jpg

Well the Bars on Bourbon Street were now open....so you guessed it. It was time to hit up the Tropical Isle

CarnivalDream-April42014513_zpsf06da8cd.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014514_zps290e41ec.jpg

Who wants some Hand Grenade Hot Nuts :eek: :p.....I apologize in advance if that sounds dirty ;)