Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review - Part 2

wrigley80

Wrigley80 you need to get on the ball!!!!!! It appears like this review is going to finish when the cubs win another World Series and that is NEVER!!!! Lol payback lol

I'm sure it will be done before then....we both know the Cubs are never gonna win the World Series...haha.

I've been busy with my dad....he went into the hospital on Wednesday. He went in for knee pain and was released on Friday. He received some very unfortunate news while he was in the hospital. So it's been a tough weekend.

I'm sure it will be done before then....we both know the Cubs are never gonna win the World Series...haha.

I've been busy with my dad....he went into the hospital on Wednesday. He went in for knee pain and was released on Friday. He received some very unfortunate news while he was in the hospital. So it's been a tough weekend.

I am so sorry....... Dont know you but from here and your reviews but he seems like such a nice guy. Prayers for him and you!!!!!!

Thanks everybody. My dad was told Thursday that his kidneys are only functioning at 30% so dialysis is in the future. My dad's first question to his kidney doctor was "Will this affect my ability to go on cruises with my daughter." The doctor told him absolutely not.....when he starts dialysis he will do it at home.

It wasn't quite the news we were expecting but we have to face it head on.

Thanks everybody. My dad was told Thursday that his kidneys are only functioning at 30% so dialysis is in the future. My dad's first question to his kidney doctor was "Will this affect my ability to go on cruises with my daughter." The doctor told him absolutely not.....when he starts dialysis he will do it at home.

It wasn't quite the news we were expecting but we have to face it head on.

I'm so sorry Brianna! Prayers for you Dad! and family.

Hi Brianna! I always enjoy reading your reviews. I never comment normally just lurk lol.

I saw you took the Cayman Explorer excursion in Grand Cayman. I have this booked for my cruise in September. Were you pleased with the service you received from this company? Would you book again? Is there a bar on board?

Thanks,

Gina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Praying for your dad and all of you Brianna, a finding of the source and healing...and looking forward to end of your review and many happy future ones...God Bless YOU Two and rest of family...Sarah

Hi Brianna! I always enjoy reading your reviews. I never comment normally just lurk lol.

I saw you took the Cayman Explorer excursion in Grand Cayman. I have this booked for my cruise in September. Were you pleased with the service you received from this company? Would you book again? Is there a bar on board?

Thanks,

Gina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes we were absolutely pleased with MarineLand tours. We have went with them now 3 times. And going to Stingray City never gets old. We love it. The guys are very friendly and will assist you in any way possible. I would absolutely book with hem again. There is a cash bar onboard. We didn't buy anything so I couldn't tell ya what the prices were like.

You will love this excursion. Have Fun

OK.....let's get back to the review. Our final port of call would bring us to Cozumel. Now we originally planned to go to Paradise Beach on this day but my dad wasn't feeling the best so we stayed onboard this day and just relaxed ;) :) If you're noticing a trend here we did a lot of relaxing onboard....which is what cruises are for :p

I was up by 8:00 am. My dad wanted to sleep in a while so I went to breakfast in the dining room and I brought him back some cereal and fruit. Once I returned to the cabin I got changed into my swimsuit

CarnivalDream-April52014247_zpsf4b9b88f.jpg

The pool was empty so it was a perfect time for a swim

CarnivalDream-April52014248_zps1c73fb0d.jpg

After the pool I headed up to the whirlpool on Deck 11....nobody here either ;)

This was an interesting day in Cozumel because there were 4 Carnival ships in port which made for a great photo op. We docked on the starboard side of the dock at the Puerta Maya Pier. The Carnival Elation and Carnival Paradise were docked at the International Pier and soon after we arrived the Carnival Victory pulled in next to us. Carnival had A LOT of money sitting in Cozumel today

CarnivalDream-April42014433_zpsd5835cbf.jpg

I spy 3 whale tails

CarnivalDream-April42014434_zpsc5dd5aa7.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014435_zpsa5eefd24.jpg

It was a lot of fun watching the Carnival Victory pull into port

CarnivalDream-April42014436_zps42840dd0.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014438_zps7e1a1616.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014252_zpsf15f2adf.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014253_zps43577f94.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014443_zps1069c8a7.jpg

After watching the Carnival Victory pull into port we headed towards the Sunset Pool. I got in the pool back here too. I was the only one in the pool. If you're like me and like to get in the pool but not with a lot of people around the best time to go for a swim is on a port day or late at night

My dad still wasn't feeling the best. He thinks he had food poisoning due to some mayonnaise that was left out too long at the grill. (Remember I got us lunch at the grill when we returned to the ship after our day in Grand Cayman. My dad put mayo on his burger and I didn't).

After my swim at the Sunset Pool my dad was ready to go back to the room to take a nap. We decided to have a little lunch first. He had a grilled cheese (he had to eat something otherwise his blood sugar would get too low) and I had the Burrito Bar.

CarnivalDream-April52014254_zpsf4cd5a20.jpg

The menu at the Deli. The Deli is right by the Sunset Pool

CarnivalDream-April52014255_zpsc8a034a5.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014256_zps49a6a9bd.jpg

The Sunset Bar

CarnivalDream-April52014257_zps17ea4e93.jpg

So after lunch we returned to the cabin and took a nap. Well our nap turned into a 3 hour siesta :p I guess we must have needed it. We got up around 6:00 pm and got ready for dinner. My dad still wasn't feeling hungry but he came to dinner so that his blood sugar wouldn't get low. After dinner we returned to the cabin to watch the NASCAR race.

CarnivalDream-April42014444_zps8c7c8205.jpg

This little guy was waiting for us. He is always my favorite

I helped my dad get ready for bed. He had hoped that if he went to bed early and got a good night sleep that he would feel better for our final day at sea tomorrow. He was in bed by 9:00 pm. I changed my clothes and decided that I was going to go out on deck for Blue Iguana Mexican Fiesta Deck Party. I headed out to Lido Deck around 10:00 pm

CarnivalDream-April42014445_zps7311366b.jpg

The deck party was just getting started

CarnivalDream-April42014446_zpsad6ba4b3.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014447_zps98292f23.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014448_zps5246a868.jpg

I guess there is a tradition onboard among the social hosts that when someone is getting ready to leave the ship for a vacation they get thrown in the pool :p

CarnivalDream-April42014449_zps85e2c47b.jpg

This poor girl was the lucky victim :eek:

CarnivalDream-April42014450_zps1301d93d.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014451_zps8e7c32b3.jpg

After the Blue Iguana Deck Party they were having the Mexican Buffet. Now we all remember the Grand Gala midnight buffet that Carnival used to have but with all the cutbacks that was one thing that was eliminated.

However on this cruise the Grand Buffet was the Mexican Buffet. You were able to take pictures from 11:15-11:45 pm and then the buffet opened at 12:00 am. It was a nice touch to see this again :)

CarnivalDream-April42014452_zpsf6a487bd.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014453_zpsd960bc22.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014454_zps174ae685.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014455_zpsa5b6b7ee.jpg