Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review - Part 2

wrigley80

CarnivalDream-April42014461_zpsaa1f2d95.jpg

Any guesses....

CarnivalDream-April42014462_zps08cc32ba.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014463_zps0cd6b522.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014464_zps3abfa7e0.jpg

I was glad that I came up for the Deck Party to see the Mexican Buffet. I didn't stay long enough to eat anything.....but I did have another ice cream cone.....those things are addicting.

I walked around for a while with my ice cream cone. I went out on Deck 11 to sit out and watch the stars. On nights like this it feels like you are the only person onboard. I headed back to the cabin around 1:00 am. My dad was sound asleep when I arrived.

Edited by wrigley80

Well our final day at sea was here.....I can't believe the cruise is almost over :eek:

On our last sea day there was a Q&A with the cruise director in the Ocean Plaza. My dad and I went to that because there were always a couple questions that I wonder about on a cruise ship.

They handed out a Fun Facts sheet about the Carnival Dream.....

During an Average Week on the Carnival Dream....Guests Will Consume

* 2,200 pounds of Prime Rib

* 4,500 pounds of Chicken

* 2,500 pounds of Steaks

* 15,000 Pounds of Shrimp

* 1,000 pounds of Lobster Tails

* 4,800 Hamburgers

* 2,200 Hot Dogs

* 1,000 Pounds of Pasta

* 7,000 PIZZAS

* 3,000 Tomatoes

* 6,700 Pounds of Potatoes

* 5,300 Heads of Lettuce

* 4,300 Bananas

* 48,000 Eggs (one very hard-working chicken onboard)

* 36,000 Slices of Bacon

* 12,000 Slices of White Bread

* 20,000 Danish Pastries

* 900 Gallons of Milk

* 2,000 pounds of Coffee

WHOA :eek: c'mon people it's time to cut back :) :p

CarnivalDream-April52014261_zps438a61d5.jpg

Waiting on the Q&A to start

CarnivalDream-April52014262_zps4bacb143.jpg

The Ocean Plaza was full for this event

CarnivalDream-April52014263_zps26f7cce0.jpg

Me and Hennie. Hennie was the cruise director....he is from South Africa

My dad asked how much fuel the ship uses on a 7-day cruise. Hennie was unable to say how much is used due to various itineraries. But he did say that the Ship burns 1 gallon of Fuel for every 8 feet :eek: that it travels.....8 FEET. I guess I shouldn't complain my drive to work everyday :D

After the Q&A we headed to the Sea Day Brunch in the MDR

CarnivalDream-April42014465_zpsb2b100b4.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014466_zps4fc3f339.jpg

I don't know why but I usually always wait to use my free drink coupon on the last sea day. I ordered a Miami Vice without alcohol....it was too early to start boozing it up already :p

CarnivalDream-April42014467_zps39ce1629.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014468_zpsef53e5cf.jpg

After breakfast we headed back to the Ocean Plaza to play some more trivia. But we didn't win this time...that's ok it was fun to play :)

At 2:00 pm at the Sunset Bar we had a Farewell Meet and Greet for our Roll Call....it would be the last time that we would see many of these people. This was a great roll call where I met some new friends :)

CarnivalDream-April52014264_zps6799bfe9.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014265_zpsfabeb873.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014266_zpsb9123887.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014267_zps64ccde63.jpg

Kent and Donna from New Orleans, LA

CarnivalDream-April52014261_zps438a61d5.jpg

Waiting on the Q&A to start

CarnivalDream-April52014262_zps4bacb143.jpg

The Ocean Plaza was full for this event

CarnivalDream-April52014263_zps26f7cce0.jpg

Me and Hennie. Hennie was the cruise director....he is from South Africa

My dad asked how much fuel the ship uses on a 7-day cruise. Hennie was unable to say how much is used due to various itineraries. But he did say that the Ship burns 1 gallon of Fuel for every 8 feet :eek: that it travels.....8 FEET. I guess I shouldn't complain my drive to work everyday :D

Ahhhhh you made a buddy.... Lol see you liked him after all

CarnivalDream-April52014268_zpsddeb9f6c.jpg

Joy and Tammy....Joy was my Partner in Crime in the Banana Bus fiasco :p

CarnivalDream-April52014269_zps5d3ee865.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014270_zpsc48c3ba8.jpg

See the nametag that Jennifer is wearing. A member of our roll call made those for everyone in the roll call to wear. It had the ship, date, ports of call, and our roll call name

CarnivalDream-April52014271_zpsc6f9894b.jpg

Jennifer and Brad...they were a newlywed couple. They were the couple in the Love and Marriage game

CarnivalDream-April52014273_zpse54ec4c4.jpg

Me and Octavia....she was from San Antonio, TX

CarnivalDream-April52014274_zpsec94827c.jpg

It was definitely a memorable cruise with these awesome people. Part of the fun of the cruise is the wait up to it. You're busy doing research and enjoying getting to know one another

CarnivalDream-April52014275_zps47128f46.jpg

One of our favorite last day activities is to sit in the Atrium and watch people file down to Guest Services to settle the total on their sail and sign bill. And then to watch them freak out :eek: when the total is more than what they expect. It makes for really great entertainment :D

And after this 9-day cruise Guest Services was busy already and it wasn't even dinner time yet ;)

CarnivalDream-April52014276_zps3326efa3.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014278_zps3c167b20.jpg

After watching the people file up to Guest Services we decided it was time to head back to the cabin to do the least favorite activity on any cruise.....PACK :eek: It's always a lot more fun to pack at home :D. We were driving back home to Illinois so I wasn't too concerned over the weight in our bags or where stuff was put inside the suitcases. Driving home definitely has its benefits :)

It took us about an hour to get everything packed up and checked all the drawers to make sure nothing was left behind

CarnivalDream-April52014279_zps2d4cca1b.jpg

After packing we headed to dinner. Tonight was one of my favorite meals....the Bacon mac and cheese

CarnivalDream-April52014280_zps2c5f75d9.jpg

There's our buddy, Minor, he was wonderful. I definitely miss him :)

CarnivalDream-April52014281_zpsdd745b42.jpg

My dad with our Maitre' D. He made the change that first night after our bad experience on night one. He continued to check on us every night after that to make sure everything was OK with the service. We don't normally tip the Maitre' D on a cruise but we tipped him

CarnivalDream-April52014282_zpscbfab9f1.jpg

We wanted to get out to the atrium by 6:45 pm because Fun Force was putting on a show in the Atrium. Fun Force is the Hip Hop Dance Crew

CarnivalDream-April52014285_zpsa8e81853.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014287_zps2757a3a7.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014289_zps341b80b3.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014291_zps68c6ef9b.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014292_zps976a071d.jpg

If you are cruising on the Dream these guys are not to be missed. They performed at the Welcome Aboard show, the Dancing in the Streets show, and this show in the Atrium on the Last Sea Day. They are AWESOME :D

CarnivalDream-April42014474_zps4324a6ab.jpg

Anyone ever had a Hurricane Wave..... :)

After watching the Fun Force show we headed up to Deck 11 to see if we could see any of the Oil Platforms in the Gulf. And we did. If you are on a ship heading back to New Orleans they will be on the Port side of the ship. We entered the mouth of the Mississippi River around 10:00 pm and it takes about 8 hours from the mouth of the River to reach the Port of New Orleans.

CarnivalDream-April52014295_zps9148d5a8.jpg

We are watching for Oil Platforms

We headed back to the cabin about 11:30 so that we could get the suitcases out into the hall for pick-up.

The BIG BLACK DICK had arrived.....PLEASE DON'T JUDGE :D ;)

CarnivalDream-April42014477_zps04bf3748.jpg

carnivaldream-april42014474_zps4324a6ab.jpg

anyone ever had a hurricane wave..... :)

after watching the fun force show we headed up to deck 11 to see if we could see any of the oil platforms in the gulf. And we did. If you are on a ship heading back to new orleans they will be on the port side of the ship. We entered the mouth of the mississippi river around 10:00 pm and it takes about 8 hours from the mouth of the river to reach the port of new orleans.

carnivaldream-april52014295_zps9148d5a8.jpg

we are watching for oil platforms

we headed back to the cabin about 11:30 so that we could get the suitcases out into the hall for pick-up.

The big black dick had arrived.....please don't judge :d ;)

carnivaldream-april42014477_zps04bf3748.jpg

lolololololol

This is soooo good..really have my mind to try Dream Class...the dining room looked great..not tooo cowded..roomy enough...you guys are just great..you get so much fun out it plus relaxation...a good balance. I have found all the decor grows on you..so nice you had the nice big bathroom this time..you can always count on breathing room even in the insides..the Dream Class is definitely gorgeous..thought the ship was lovely....Sarah

A very busy chicken, lol...love your humor...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

What is this????......you can't see the pics :confused:

I can see them all except the ones that are in my qoute..... The lololol was about the big black dick you were chugging..lololol i wasnt judging just thought funny thoughts lololol

StingrayCityinGrandCayman-April112014027_zps9f04c72f.jpg

The wave runner excursion. This would be a lot of fun but I would NEVER be able to get back up on the wave runner ;) they would just have to pull me back to shore :)

We did this excursion through Fat Fish Adventures last time we were there. It is an amazing tour but is very physical. I rode on the jet ski with my husband and it was $175 for 2 riders on 1 ski. We loved it but it is very rough riding across the ocean on the way out and back in. You go very fast to keep up so you are getting bounced all around and have to hold on tight with your thighs and arms. I like that the tour is so small. There were 4 jet skis with 2 people on each ski and then we had 2 guides each on their own jet ski. One ride in the front leading and the other one rode in the back in case anyone needed help. We stopped at Starfish island first, then went to the stingrays and then snorkeled at the coral reefs afterwards.

I can see them all except the ones that are in my qoute..... The lololol was about the big black dick you were chugging..lololol i wasnt judging just thought funny thoughts lololol

You're not the only one who had some "dirty" thoughts....haha. We bought vanilla and white chocolate rum

We did this excursion through Fat Fish Adventures last time we were there. It is an amazing tour but is very physical. I rode on the jet ski with my husband and it was $175 for 2 riders on 1 ski. We loved it but it is very rough riding across the ocean on the way out and back in. You go very fast to keep up so you are getting bounced all around and have to hold on tight with your thighs and arms. I like that the tour is so small. There were 4 jet skis with 2 people on each ski and then we had 2 guides each on their own jet ski. One ride in the front leading and the other one rode in the back in case anyone needed help. We stopped at Starfish island first, then went to the stingrays and then snorkeled at the coral reefs afterwards.

That definitely sounds like a fun excursion. We rented wave runners a few times up at our cottage in the north woods in Wisconsin so I know they are a good time