Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review - Part 2

wrigley80

You asked if any of us has done the carriage ride in New Orleans. We have.

And how was it??? How long did it last??? Where did you go??? Do you remember how much it cost?? And was it hard to get into the carriage???

Sorry if that's too many questions.....haha

Thank You. It was definitely a fun vacation so why not share it with others....hehe. What cruise are you going on in October??? I've been looking at cruises for my birthday in October.

We will be on the Norwegian Pearl 10/20/14 to 10/25/14. This is the "Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise". Miami to Montego Bay to Ocho Rios and back to Miami.

I know Jamaica is not one of your favorite places. I have gone there 12 times since 1981. We love it there - once you get away from the hustlers.

We will be on the Norwegian Pearl 10/20/14 to 10/25/14. This is the "Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise". Miami to Montego Bay to Ocho Rios and back to Miami.

I know Jamaica is not one of your favorite places. I have gone there 12 times since 1981. We love it there - once you get away from the hustlers.

That does sound like a fun cruise. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Carnival Dream Review Summary

PROS

* We loved the layout of the lido area on the Carnival Dream. It was very easy to navigate. Never really encountered any lines in the lido area.

* Mid-Ship pool area with the Seaside Theater.....this was a nice set-up

* All the chairs and tables on Deck 11 mid-ship and aft.

* We loved our cabin and its location. We were in Cabin 6358 mid-ship in a modified interior cabin. The bathroom was HUGE

* Atrium area and Bar

* Salad Bar along Promenade on Sea Days

* Whirlpools on the Lanai (deck 5)

* Our waiter, Minor, in the Dining Room was outstanding

* Better selection of Carnival t-shirts and Carnival merchandise in the Fun Shops

* Nice Platinum Gift

* Large Print Fun Times for my dad everyday (my dad is visually disabled so every night when the room steward delivered the Fun Times for the next day he also brought a Large Print edition for my dad) :)

* Sea Side BBQ on Sea days on the Lanai

* Q&A with the cruise director on the last sea day (this was nice event. I wish they did this for every cruise)

* Production Shows......they were all very good

CONS (not really CONS just a few things that I noticed) ;)

* We didn't particularly care for the Serenity area. If you take the elevators you have to go through the spa. Never did find the exit door from deck 12 to get out onto the Serenity area.

* No outer promenade on Deck 3 (like there is on all the other bigger Carnival ships). We went out on deck 11 instead

* Service on night 1 in the MDR

* No Sports Bar (this one still boggles my mind. How can you not have a Sports Bar on a new ship).

Edited by wrigley80

Thanks again for powering through all the photo problems and continuing! Your reviews are so helpful! (and fun!) I love your writing/review style and how many pics you include of the ships.

One quick question - when you did make it to serenity, did you think it was loud? I've heard that about some of the ships that have it close to the water park area.

Also, definitely will be keeping you, your dad and your family in my prayers. So glad you have good attitudes about it all!

Thanks everybody. My dad was told Thursday that his kidneys are only functioning at 30% so dialysis is in the future. My dad's first question to his kidney doctor was "Will this affect my ability to go on cruises with my daughter." The doctor told him absolutely not.....when he starts dialysis he will do it at home.

It wasn't quite the news we were expecting but we have to face it head on.

Briana I'm soo sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Thanks again for powering through all the photo problems and continuing! Your reviews are so helpful! (and fun!) I love your writing/review style and how many pics you include of the ships.

One quick question - when you did make it to serenity, did you think it was loud? I've heard that about some of the ships that have it close to the water park area.

Also, definitely will be keeping you, your dad and your family in my prayers. So glad you have good attitudes about it all!

Thank You for continuing to follow along even through all he problems ;)

On Serenity we went up to the Deck 14 area and we didn't think it was loud. We actually never found the exit door for deck 12 to go out on Serenity. It was very windy though because it is in very front of the ship. It's not in a great location in my opinion....but what do I know :p

Thank You for the continued prayers for my dad

Briana I'm soo sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Thank You.....I definitely wasn't the news we were expecting to hear but my dad has a positive outlook about everything. He was more concerned about how he would cruise again.....and the doctor said that won't be a problem :)

Thank You for the concern

And how was it??? How long did it last??? Where did you go??? Do you remember how much it cost?? And was it hard to get into the carriage???

Sorry if that's too many questions.....haha

Hi Brianna....loved your review ! Even caught sight of us in your Stingray Pics.....

We did the French Quarter carriage ride and went on one of the "group" tours. It lasted about 1/2 hour and was $18/pp before tips. They have other 'longer' options...and I found this in my pics that shows their rates.

We really enjoyed it....the driver we had was wonderful ! We didn't find it hard at all to get into the carriage...but will say that the ladies that sat in front with the driver did....they had to step up on the wheel to get up.

Please tell your Dad that he's in our prayers....he's such a nice man ! First words he said to me were "We do this excursion all the time...My daughter just loves swimming with the stingrays" !

DSC01134.jpg

Edited by bjc5243

Brianna,

Boo hoo....your review is done. I can tell a great review when I start getting the feelings of sadness when it's getting time to get off the ship. I also loved your New Orleans section again. We had a wonderful time there in 1996 and were actually their during the French Quarter Fest. I've really enjoyed reading your review and all of your beautiful pictures you have. Love the ones of the BBD shenanigans, that's too funny. Had me laughing both times. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review and for your others, I've enjoyed them all and looking forward for you next cruise and review to follow. I guess it's time for me to get back to working on my own review. LOL!!!

I'm continuing to keep you dad and all of your family in my prayers.

Holly

Anyone ever had a Hurricane Wave..... :)

After watching the Fun Force show we headed up to Deck 11 to see if we could see any of the Oil Platforms in the Gulf. And we did. If you are on a ship heading back to New Orleans they will be on the Port side of the ship. We entered the mouth of the Mississippi River around 10:00 pm and it takes about 8 hours from the mouth of the River to reach the Port of New Orleans.

CarnivalDream-April52014295_zps9148d5a8.jpg

We are watching for Oil Platforms

We headed back to the cabin about 11:30 so that we could get the suitcases out into the hall for pick-up.

The BIG BLACK DICK had arrived.....PLEASE DON'T JUDGE :D ;)

CarnivalDream-April42014477_zps04bf3748.jpg

Officially your fan :p

Okay someone beat me to the answer to the carriage ride. That's fine because I can't remember the price. It was around two years ago. I know it wasn't that bad. It was informative. We may go back in December so we may do it again.

Was your dad feeling bad?

Hi Brianna....loved your review ! Even caught sight of us in your Stingray Pics.....

We did the French Quarter carriage ride and went on one of the "group" tours. It lasted about 1/2 hour and was $18/pp before tips. They have other 'longer' options...and I found this in my pics that shows their rates.

We really enjoyed it....the driver we had was wonderful ! We didn't find it hard at all to get into the carriage...but will say that the ladies that sat in front with the driver did....they had to step up on the wheel to get up.

Please tell your Dad that he's in our prayers....he's such a nice man ! First words he said to me were "We do this excursion all the time...My daughter just loves swimming with the stingrays" !

DSC01134.jpg

Thank You for that pic of the carriage ride. I think we are going to do that when we are in New Orleans in December. We will have 2 extra days in New Orleans to enjoy. It would be fun in December with all the Christmas lights.

Did you go on the MarineLand tour to Stingray City?? Or with someone else??

I love your quote at the end. Did you talk with my dad onboard?? :)

Brianna,

Boo hoo....your review is done. I can tell a great review when I start getting the feelings of sadness when it's getting time to get off the ship. I also loved your New Orleans section again. We had a wonderful time there in 1996 and were actually their during the French Quarter Fest. I've really enjoyed reading your review and all of your beautiful pictures you have. Love the ones of the BBD shenanigans, that's too funny. Had me laughing both times. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review and for your others, I've enjoyed them all and looking forward for you next cruise and review to follow. I guess it's time for me to get back to working on my own review. LOL!!!

I'm continuing to keep you dad and all of your family in my prayers.

Holly

The review is done :( so that means that it is time to book another cruise :D so that I can do another review.

Gotta love the BBD shenanigans ;)

Tell your friend she has fabulous taste! I have that same Cozumel bag, only in purple and pink! :D

Enjoyed your review as always, and your dad is in my thoughts! I can tell through your reviews that he's tough, I'm sure he'll be just fine! :)

Haha I will tell her ;) We have a bag similar to those from Key West. It makes for a good beach bag.

Thank-You for the prayers and concerns for my dad. He is tough and we will get through it all together :)

Praying your dad's health will improve quickly. I feel like I know him personally by reading your reviews.

I have a question for you. You have been on so many ships. What is your favorite one?

Thank You for the concern for my dad :)

We have been on 14 different Carnival ships. I get asked that a lot....which ship is my favorite??? I would have to say the Carnival Valor because the Valor was my first Carnival ship in 2005 (it was brand new then). The Valor started my love affair with Carnival.

We also love Fantasy Class ships (we have been on Elation, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fantasy, and Imagination).

Oh who am I kidding I love all the Carnival ships :D

Okay someone beat me to the answer to the carriage ride. That's fine because I can't remember the price. It was around two years ago. I know it wasn't that bad. It was informative. We may go back in December so we may do it again.

Was your dad feeling bad?

Thank you for getting back to me.

We didn't take the Carriage ride on this trip because we just didn't have enough time. We are definitely going to try it out in December. In December I imagine that it would be fun with the Christmas lights on and decorations around the city

Another wonderful review!!!! Can't wait for your review on your December cruise.

Thank You.....my dad and I were just saying yesterday that December is too long to wait ;). We are gonna do a cruise in October around my birthday :D

thanks for the review Brianna, enjoyed it very much. Cant wait till your next one lol. Thoughts r with your dad.

Thank You for the concern for my dad and for following my review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed it :)