Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review - Part 2

wrigley80

Well by now it was around 2:00 pm so we headed down to the port to see if we could get a few pictures of the Carnival Dream

CarnivalDream-April42014526_zpsfc64281e.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014527_zps045fd39d.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014528_zpsa12565c5.jpg

The pic looks a little fuzzy.....it was pouring down rain so we were taking the pics from inside the car

CarnivalDream-April42014529_zps8acf9de7.jpg

While we were sitting down by the port I checked my phone and it showed a huge line of thunderstorms coming towards New Orleans so we decided that we would start the drive towards New Orleans a little sooner than what we were originally planning to do

The drive from New Orleans to Jackson, MS takes about 3 hours and it is straight drive up Interstate 55. It rained on us the whole way to Jackson, MS. We got about 20 miles from Jackson and the skies opened up and it started pouring cats and dogs...:eek:...I had never drove in rain that hard before. We were going about 15 mph with the flashers on. It rained like this for almost 30 minutes and there was no where to exit. The last 20 minutes of that drive seemed to take longer than the first 2 and half hours. I had never been so happy to see our exit. ;) We went to check into the hotel first to get cleaned up before going to meet our friends for dinner

CarnivalDream-April42014537_zpsa4e61b54.jpg

Now I met Glo and Smokey on the Carnival Sunshine last year in December. They were part of our roll call. They are awesome people. And after that cruise on the Carnival Sunshine last December we are all cruising together again this December on the Carnival Dream. We are going to make this a tradition to cruise together every December.

Another fact about Glo and Smokey. For anyone reading my review that were on Bloggers Cruise 8 in February....Glo and Smokey got engaged on that cruise. He proposed to her onstage during an event with John Heald and of course she said "yes." :D Well they are getting married on the Carnival Dream in December....so now we have another reason to celebrate :) I have already appointed as the Flower Girl :p

CarnivalDream-April42014535_zps09d3d2f9.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014541_zps422fb16a.jpg

I bought the Big Black Dick in Grand Cayman for Glo so now it was time for some BBD shenanigans together

CarnivalDream-April42014542_zps06474a94.jpg

Bottoms Up

CarnivalDream-April42014543_zps3d76a6d6.jpg

It's a little fuzzy (which is what happens when you've been drinking) but I love Glo's facial expression in this pic

CarnivalDream-April42014546_zps1edcc037.jpg

Well after 17 hours of driving and 986 miles later we are finally back in Illinois.....yay :rolleyes: Land of Corn and Missed Opportunities :p

Well it was time to head back

CarnivalDream-April52014224_zps28ec5af0.jpg

I 'spy' a whale tail....can you????

- My brain is super fried this afternoon... I was literally looking for a whale tail...not the Carnival type but an actual whale:eek: Anyway, I would love to do a stingray excursion but I'm not a swimmer. I'm one of those that can't stand it if I can't feel the bottom when I'm standing in a pool or the ocean. The water seems to be an OK depth for me (aka not up to my neck...I stand about 5'5"). My son is a swimmer and I know that he would love to do this. Would you suggest this type of excursion for a non-swimmer?

By the way, I am LOVING your (updated) review!

This all just keeps getting better n better..friends, wedding, more cool stuff and photos Of New Orleans..on my bucket list...so much fun...thanks Brianna for sharing your infectious Joy...sarah

Well it was time to head back

CarnivalDream-April52014224_zps28ec5af0.jpg

I 'spy' a whale tail....can you????

- My brain is super fried this afternoon... I was literally looking for a whale tail...not the Carnival type but an actual whale:eek: Anyway, I would love to do a stingray excursion but I'm not a swimmer. I'm one of those that can't stand it if I can't feel the bottom when I'm standing in a pool or the ocean. The water seems to be an OK depth for me (aka not up to my neck...I stand about 5'5"). My son is a swimmer and I know that he would love to do this. Would you suggest this type of excursion for a non-swimmer?

By the way, I am LOVING your (updated) review!

Haha sorry if that confused ya....not my intention.

Yes you would be just fine doing the stingray encounter. The water is about chest deep on me. You would be able to touch the bottom. My dad isn't a strong swimmer so he just bobs around in the water waiting for a stingray. He actually caught one on his own this past trip....I was surprised because they are so quick in the water.

You would love it and if it's too much for ya you could get back on the boat. Your son would love it

This all just keeps getting better n better..friends, wedding, more cool stuff and photos Of New Orleans..on my bucket list...so much fun...thanks Brianna for sharing your infectious Joy...sarah

You're welcome and thank you for continuing to follow along on the journey.

Yes these people are like family now. We have already started looking at cruises for our group for December 2015

While we were sitting down by the port I checked my phone and it showed a huge line of thunderstorms coming towards New Orleans so we decided that we would start the drive towards New Orleans a little sooner than what we were originally planning to do

The drive from New Orleans to Jackson, MS takes about 3 hours and it is straight drive up Interstate 55. It rained on us the whole way to Jackson, MS. We got about 20 miles from Jackson and the skies opened up and it started pouring cats and dogs...:eek:...I had never drove in rain that hard before. We were going about 15 mph with the flashers on. It rained like this for almost 30 minutes and there was no where to exit. The last 20 minutes of that drive seemed to take longer than the first 2 and half hours. I had never been so happy to see our exit. ;) We went to check into the hotel first to get cleaned up before going to meet our friends for dinner

wow y9u were in Jackson I live right outside of Jackson in Pearl I am going on the Dream in September, think it would be a blast to sail with yall one day love your reviews :)

Love reading your reviews - thank you!

Loved the pics of New Orleans too. We cruised out of there twice on the Triumph. Such a fun city and it amazed me how many beads you still fine hanging all around. And I still remember the smell from Bourbon Street :eek:!

wow y9u were in Jackson I live right outside of Jackson in Pearl I am going on the Dream in September, think it would be a blast to sail with yall one day love your reviews :)

You are welcome to join us anytime :) My friend, Glo, that was in the pictures....she lives in Pearl.

Love reading your reviews - thank you!

Loved the pics of New Orleans too. We cruised out of there twice on the Triumph. Such a fun city and it amazed me how many beads you still fine hanging all around. And I still remember the smell from Bourbon Street :eek:!

Thank You for following my review.

New Orleans is an awesome city with so many things to see and do. When we took the Double Decker bus tour last December I couldn't believe all of the beads hanging in the trees along St. Charles Avenue. It was crazy....the beads are everywhere

And yes Bourbon Street has a very distinct odor in the morning. :eek: We took the first ride down Bourbon Street that morning before anything was open yet. They were still washing the street down ;) :p

Loved your review!! My family and I are going on the Dream in July and reading your review made me that much more excited!! Haven't cruised since 07 and will be our first time with carnival. It's so awesome to watch the relationship between you and your dad. I'm a daddies girl too and I know how blessed you are to have him in your life. Love seeing y'all enjoying life!! Will def keep him and your family in my prayers!! Till next time, happy cruising!!

Enjoyed your review. Glad to know that your dad is doing better. Loved New Orleans. I lived there for 5 years before Katrina hit. There is no other city like it in the world. Still go back frequently to visit my friends who moved back & cruise.

Loved your review!! My family and I are going on the Dream in July and reading your review made me that much more excited!! Haven't cruised since 07 and will be our first time with carnival. It's so awesome to watch the relationship between you and your dad. I'm a daddies girl too and I know how blessed you are to have him in your life. Love seeing y'all enjoying life!! Will def keep him and your family in my prayers!! Till next time, happy cruising!!

Thank you for following my review and for the prayers for my dad. I am definitely a daddy's girl....and maybe even a little spoiled.....hehe. My dad and I do just about everything together.....cruises are at the top of our list.

You will love the Dream and you will cruising with Carnival. I took my first Carnival cruise in 2005 on the Carnival Valor and I haven't looked back since. I haven't cruised on any other line since that cruise. We love Carnival....there is something for everyone to enjoy. You definitely picked a great ship to enjoy your first Carnival cruise.

Thanks Again for the prayers for my dad.

Brianna,

Many thanks for bringing us along on your vacation. Your photographs and writing style are great. I enjoyed every bit of your trip report.

Hurry up October... I am ready for a cruise. :)

Thank You. It was definitely a fun vacation so why not share it with others....hehe. What cruise are you going on in October??? I've been looking at cruises for my birthday in October.

Enjoyed your review. Glad to know that your dad is doing better. Loved New Orleans. I lived there for 5 years before Katrina hit. There is no other city like it in the world. Still go back frequently to visit my friends who moved back & cruise.

Thank You. Yes my dad is doing better and that's all that matters.

New Orleans is such an awesome city with some amazing people. The vibe and atmosphere in New Orleans is unlike anywhere else in the country. In December 2013 after our cruise on the Carnival Sunshine we drove through the Lower 9th Ward. It was hard to see homes that still had "X's" on them to alert first responders after Hurricane Katrina. So sad to see what people had to live through

Thanks so much again for your review , parts 1 +2 , it's been fun travelling along with you and your Dad :)

Thank you for continuing to follow my review. It's been taking everyone along on the journey on the Carnival Dream with me and my dad