Onboard plans for two days in Quebec City?

65 Gator

We are doing the Canada to Florida cruise from Quebec City to Ft. Lauderdale in October and the first two days are in Quebec City. I could not find any threads that told about activities for the beginning of the trip.

When is the Muster Drill?

Is there a welcome lunch for Mariners and, if so, when? First day or second?

Any other things that are different since we don't leave until day two?

Any tips for this would be appreciated. We have cruised quite a bit but never with an overnight on day one...

Thanks

I did this on the Eurodam in October 2013. Is that the ship you are on? I had such a great time on that cruise. The mariners lunch is on the first day, muster on the second. I tend to do my own thing so I can't tell you about activities. It's so port intensive that there is not much time for them. Just in case you care the wifi is great in the terminal.

Edited by cruz chic

I, too, was on the Eurodam October 2013 for this cruise. I don't believe there was much in the way of activities on the first 2 days because most people were out exploring Quebec. There is the usual ships tour to orient guests to where everything on the ship is. Muster drill is on the day that you actually sail out of Quebec (day 2) since some passengers don't arrive until day 2.

Quebec City is a wonderful place, full of history, sights and fine dining. May I suggest that you check Quebec City tourism websites? We are doing a b2b that includes three nights in Quebec at in three weeks. If this thread is still going, we might have more to share.

I was on the Eurodam October 2013 cruise as well.

Checking my daily programs, Mariner Lunch was embarkation day at noon, then it was mainly "explore the ship" activities and open house stuff until 7:00 pm, when the usual evening activities began.

On the second day (sailing from Quebec day), really sporadic activities until after sail-away when the usual evening activities began. Muster Drill was at 4:00 pm, with sail-away festivities between 4:30 and 5:30.

I really think, especially in Quebec, during overnight port stops, the ships' staff expect most people to be ashore most of the time, so not much is planned.

Thanks all for the helpful comments... That is exactly what I wanted to know. We are on the Eurodam for this cruise. I have studied all of the tourist websites and downloaded tourguide info so am ready to explore Quebec. I am guessing muster drill will be 15:00 since sail time is published as 16:00.

Thanks again...

Thanks all for the helpful comments... That is exactly what I wanted to know. We are on the Eurodam for this cruise. I have studied all of the tourist websites and downloaded tourguide info so am ready to explore Quebec. I am guessing muster drill will be 15:00 since sail time is published as 16:00.

Thanks again...

Its been my experience that the drill has been at 3:15 for a 4 pm sailaway. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Check out the Quebec City Transit site for a great way to get around.

1 day all-inclusive pass, $7.25. We took the green Metrobus, route 800 to the spectacular Montmorency Falls, and the Ecolobus saves you a great amount of steep climbing in Old Quebec.

http://www.rtcquebec.ca

Thanks for very helpful info. Now I am mad that I only learned Latin, Spanish and German. Oh well...

I went to St. Anne's canyon on another visit to Quebec. The place is breathtaking. Not sure if it's something you might be interested in.

We are looking at doing that on day two of Quebec, they have good handicap access and even a shuttle that is free for those that can't walk the paths. My only question is what is the best way to get there and back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We are looking at doing that on day two of Quebec, they have good handicap access and even a shuttle that is free for those that can't walk the paths. My only question is what is the best way to get there and back.

I took a Hal excursion. I don't know if that's the best way but I never bothered to investigate any other way. For me, I find it's less of a hassle because I generally don't have tons of time to research. I hope you decide to go. It's totally worth it IMO.

Any ideas for a traditional Quebec restaurant for the first night? We are game for taking a taxi since we don't walk well.

Hi Sue. So you're going back to Quebec City:) I lived in the city for 21 years and if you want a traditional Quebec restaurant check out "Aux Anciens Canadiens." www.auxancienscanadiens.gc.ca (For the English site, click on English at the top / right screen).

The restaurant is located at 34 Rue St. Louis and is within walking distance of the famed hotel Chateau Frontenac. If you don't like steps and steeps hills, take the "Funicular" which runs up the cliff at a 45 degree angle. It's a few dollars and when you get off at the top you'll be on the Dufferin Terrace which leads you to the hotel and many other interesting sites.

I suggest you make a reservation at (418) 692-1627. Lunch is reasonable. And don't forget to take your camera.

Any ideas for a traditional Quebec restaurant for the first night? We are game for taking a taxi since we don't walk well.

We have reservations at Laurie Raphael on our first night. I wanted a nice semi formal dinner with a trading menu.

http://www.laurieraphael.com/en/Restaurants/Quebec/Menu/Soiree

Hi Sue. So you're going back to Quebec City:) I lived in the city for 21 years and if you want a traditional Quebec restaurant check out "Aux Anciens Canadiens." www.auxancienscanadiens.gc.ca (For the English site, click on English at the top / right screen).

The restaurant is located at 34 Rue St. Louis and is within walking distance of the famed hotel Chateau Frontenac. If you don't like steps and steeps hills, take the "Funicular" which runs up the cliff at a 45 degree angle. It's a few dollars and when you get off at the top you'll be on the Dufferin Terrace which leads you to the hotel and many other interesting sites.

I suggest you make a reservation at (418) 692-1627. Lunch is reasonable. And don't forget to take your camera.

We have eaten there and very much enjoyed it.

Our first few visits to Quebec City we walked the steps and steep hills but our last few rode the "Funicular". It was great!

Laurie Rafael sounds wonderful, but SIL is a Midwest meat and potatoes gal. But regular meat--not game! In reading all the comments on yelp about Aux Anciens..., I came across le Cafe St. Malo, which sounds quite interesting. It is more French than Canadian, but I'm sure the steak frites would appeal to her, and cassoulet to me! We have lots of time to think about it.

And thanks, all, for the suggestions.