Sabatinis or Crown Grill?

alyssa0922

A few years ago I would have said Sabitinis because it was an unique experience. Then they changed the menu. Now my choice would be Crown Grill/Sterling Steak House. Sabitinis isn't so unique any more IMHO.

I will have to second the above statement.

Thats why you do both. ;)

And believe me, we do both during a cruise and sometimes even twice! WOW, we really enjoy Sabatini's for the relaxed luxury and food but then we enjoy Crown Grill for the relaxed luxury and food also. :eek: Oh, they both rate high! :D

Neither. They're okay to try, but on the whole, we haven't been impressed with either one. No matter how often we go to Crown Grill, their steaks do not compare with a home barbecued rib eye that my husband makes. To be fair though, we've never had one at any restaurant to compare. :cool:

For the first time we went to the Crown Grill on our Ruby cruise in March and wife and I had a "surf and turf"combo. Excellent filet mignon and lobster tail was excellent as well. We could have had more lobster tails (we got two each) but we couldn't finish what we had. BTW, wife is from Maine and knows what good lobster is and these were really good. If you go on the Star I hope your meal is as good as ours was. If it is you will not be disappointed in the lobster. :cool:

YMMV

Oh goody, you made me feel better about dining in the Crown Grill. The only time I get to eat lobster is when we cruise. I recall the last time we ate lobster in the steak house a while back, it was the biggest lobster tail I had ever eaten and it was excellent. I'm really getting stoked now! :p

Edited by elliair

I agree food is totally subjective. We just got back from a 31 day cruise on the Golden and ate at both twice. We enjoyed all our meals, but the soft shell crabs at Sabatinis were fantastic.

But, you have to like them!

In general, we do not order things we can make at home. My wife also does a mean ribeye!

The problem I have with the Crown Grill is that they are not allowed open flame on the ships, so the steaks don't get the sear they do at a regular steak house. That being said, I get the rack of lamb being that it gets roasted and is terrific. The parmesan garlic fries are worth the price of admission anyway. In Sabatini's I like the salt encrusted fish. Like the one poster said, something you wouldn't make at home, and they have the nice tableside service of it. It's all good.

I agree food is totally subjective. We just got back from a 31 day cruise on the Golden and ate at both twice. We enjoyed all our meals, but the soft shell crabs at Sabatinis were fantastic.

But, you have to like them!

In general, we do not order things we can make at home. My wife also does a mean ribeye!

Yes, for sure, I like my own steak on my Weber, at home. I order other things at the Crown Grill, Sabatini's, or Sterling Steakhouse.

Specifically, I like the Sea Bass at Crown Grill (and the Crown Dependence), the special pasta of the day at Sabatini's (and the espresso creme brulee), and the shrimp cocktail at Sterling Steakhouse (and the chocolate pecan pie:)

Yes, do them all! The ambience and service are wonderful on the Star, Golden, Sapphire, Diamond, and Sun. (Yes, I realize some changes are being made to the Sapphire and the Diamond. When I sailed on the Sun, she had only Sterling. But do what you can.)

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

The problem I have with the Crown Grill is that they are not allowed open flame on the ships, so the steaks don't get the sear they do at a regular steak house. That being said, I get the rack of lamb being that it gets roasted and is terrific. The parmesan garlic fries are worth the price of admission anyway. In Sabatini's I like the salt encrusted fish. Like the one poster said, something you wouldn't make at home, and they have the nice tableside service of it. It's all good.

Thanks for mentioning the parm/garlic fries! I wondered if they were still being served. Will be booking the Crown Grill on the CB 5/26 cruise!

We went to the Crown G for the first time on the Ruby in March, and we had a bad experience with both my veal chop and a surly server. It was so bad that the headwaiter comped our meal. On the other hand, we've been to Sabatini's numerous time on several different ships under both the old and new menu, and, obviously, we love it.

I know our experience on the Ruby was an exception, but we recommend Sabatini's over the Crown Grill.

Edited by FritzG

We went to the Crown G for the first time on the Ruby in March, and we had a bad experience with both my veal chop and a surly server. It was so bad that the headwaiter comped our meal. On the other hand, we've been to Sabatini's numerous time on several different ships under both the old and new menu, and, obviously, we love it.

I know our experience on the Ruby was an exception, but we recommend Sabatini's over the Crown Grill.

Will be on Ruby next week does anyone have a link to Crown Grill menu?:confused: