any tea/coffee facilities on

hi, just wondering if there are any tea/coffee facilities on Rhapsody of the seas? I have a balcony cabin

Thanks

If you mean in the stateroom, then no, they don't normally have a coffee maker or tea kettle in the balcony category.

There are coffee pots and kettles in JS and above rooms.

At least there should be, it is advertised in JS descriptions and we have had both in our JS since they started this a few years ago.

I can't believe Americans put up with not being able to make tea and coffee, it's crazy xD

I've only sailed independence from Uk, so thankfully we got it :)

I can't live without constant tea either. But I put in a standing order for room service so my cup is delivered every morning without fail. Last cruise I also had a standing order for 3pm. ;-)

There is a light "afternoon tea" served in windjammer each day, but I was never impressed. Much prefer to order room service for tea each afternoon, then take it to my balcony. I often also bring along a box of twinnings.....

I can't believe Americans put up with not being able to make tea and coffee, it's crazy xD

I've only sailed independence from Uk, so thankfully we got it :)

Yup, crazy American here. I stay in hotel rooms maybe 2-3 times a month and have for many years. Pretty much all of them come with coffee/tea makers. I have yet to actually use one.

Room service will bring you coffee and tea! No muss, no fuss!

I'm addicted to coffee but find it simple to pop up to the windjammer any time for it, my favorite lemon tea or other drinks without the mess of having to make it in the room. Another chore for the room seward to clean after.[

Yup, crazy American here. I stay in hotel rooms maybe 2-3 times a month and have for many years. Pretty much all of them come with coffee/tea makers. I have yet to actually use one.

One reason is the coffee is horrible in hotel rooms and stomach aching.

Room service can bring you both!

You're smart, you wouldn't believe what people use those pots for :eek:.

I have no problem taking a little walk and getting some coffee. I'm not one that needs it immediately upon waking.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a single cup Black & Decker with an automatic shut off. Are you not allowed to use these in your cabin?

Yes, it is prohibited, and is likely to be detained by security.

Edited by clarea

how about getting out of your room, go for a walk, and get it yourself.. its called being lazy

Not so, to make proper tea for a Brit the water needs to be boiling when you pour it on the tea...only way is with a freshly boiled kettle so do not call us lazy.

how about getting out of your room, go for a walk, and get it yourself.. its called being lazy

Being new to the RCI boards I can't believe the rude reply. Believe me as one who wants to enjoy a cup of coffee on my balcony as soon as I get up I understand. I don't want to wait until I've had a shower washed my hair and gotten dressed before I can have a coffee. It has nothing to do with being lazy. i'm sure we all do a lot of walking during the day.

when people say americans and cant put up with not having a teapot in their room is rude. maybe its not in our culture to have tea every day...get over it

My post had nothing to do with tea. I don't drink tea in the morning either. It was the remark about them being lazy that I thought was rude. I am not lazy I just want my coffee when I get up so if we can't bring a coffee maker we will just get it from room service.