adding a photo to the message

spunks

For some reason I am no longer able to post a photo on cruise critic.Has something changed? Most likely I have just forgotten how. Can someone help me and go through the steps for me? Thanks in advance

Doug

You can attach a photo using the paperclip icon on the compose message screen. But that appears as just a small thumbnail when a reader clicks on the pic.

If you want to actually embed a photo into the message itself, you need to post the photo to an online hosting site, such as flickr or photobucket. Then copy the link, and post it to the message by pasting it into the box that appears when you click on the yellow box/mountain icon. Some photo hosting sites also have direct IMG links, in which case you do not need to use the icon, just paste the link directly into your message.

Hope that helps!

The only way to have a large photo embedded is to have it hosted online somewhere. I have my own website so there is no problem. You then click on the icon that looks like a postcard and enter the URL.cruisecat.jpeg

Thanks....however, our problem is that we can no longer copy a photo from Flikr.We used to be able to right click on a Flickr photo and it would show the properties, butwe no longer can get the properties to show. We cant find anything that we can copy.

Doug

Thanks....however, our problem is that we can no longer copy a photo from Flikr.We used to be able to right click on a Flickr photo and it would show the properties, butwe no longer can get the properties to show. We cant find anything that we can copy.

Doug

8928378125_3dc1a705f7_s.jpg

I kept playing around and I got this method to work in Flickr. That does not mean there is no other way.

Click on the photo until it appears on a page by itself with a lot or choices to the right. I then clicked on the square that has an arrow pointing to the upper right. I then selected BBCode and when the code appeared I just copied the URL portion and it worked. I tried link and HTML and could not get them to work.

I was using webshots until they sold their site to a company that wanted to charge alot (while we had the free service with webshots). So I switched to Photobucket. It's very easy to get the link. My complaint is that they don't keep your photos (at least with mine) in the order I've posted, so I'll split mine up into separate libraries (per port for those, and the sea days I'll split by the week).

Doug

8928378125_3dc1a705f7_s.jpg

I kept playing around and I got this method to work in Flickr. That does not mean there is no other way.

Click on the photo until it appears on a page by itself with a lot or choices to the right. I then clicked on the square that has an arrow pointing to the upper right. I then selected BBCode and when the code appeared I just copied the URL portion and it worked. I tried link and HTML and could not get them to work.

Yep, that is the best way to use Flickr in my experience, too. I use medium size. You can choose the size above the code when the sharing box opens (that is what opens when you click the square with the arrow).

9192683217_60c9c3c09e_z.jpgIMG_0758 by suegee57, on Flickr

To post photos from Flickr:

- Click on photo you want.

- Click on the 3 dots (More Actions)

- Choose Download/All Sizes

- Choose View all sizes

- Choose the size you want

- Right click on the photo

- Choose copy image URL from the menu that comes up

- Back in CC, choose Insert Image and paste the URL in the box that comes up

- Click OK

I'm using Google Chrome so I'm not sure if some of the wording will be different in other browsers, but it should be pretty similar. Hope that helps!