How quickly are passportsprocessing these days?

I just sent mine off to renew. Don't need it till winter, but I always like to know when I should start to worry it hasn't shown up yet. Has anyone applied or renewed lately, and do you remember about how long it took?

I just sent mine off to renew. Don't need it till winter, but I always like to know when I should start to worry it hasn't shown up yet. Has anyone applied or renewed lately, and do you remember about how long it took?

I'm getting ready to send in mine as well. I would think if you haven't received it in 3 months that you should follow up.

recently did a renewal and it was 17 days door to door

there's a recent thread here about a first time application and they were about 4 weeks I believe

you can track your application here:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/application-status.html

and sign up for e-mail notification as it passes milestones .... this way they tell you when it is mailed to you

Several people have recently reported it taking as little as two weeks, standard processing. Might depend on which district is doing the processing.

Edited by clarea

Sent in renewals for my 2 kids on 4/11/14 and just received the email that we should have them back by 5/18/14, so 5 weeks. These were renewals that had to be processed as new because the kids were under 16 when the original was issued.

We got ours two weeks ago. The whole process took 3 1/2 weeks total. :D

We did our renewals about a year ago during the gov't shutdown and it was 16 days door to door. I later learned that the shutdown did not impact the Passport offices. Good luck with yours and happy cruising!!!:)

Just received ours back on Saturday. (A renewal) It took about 3.5 wks. Added to that, if you send more than one in, together, they send them back separately, and will be priority mail. Also, you will not receive your old one in the same envelope, it will be returned shortly thereafter. They give you a tracking number and you can enter in your email and they will let you know when it is being sent and estimated arrival.

the e-mail msgs seem to be much more 'on the ball' then the online status. Mine said processing AFTER I got e-mail notice that it had been sent.

And yes, passport office now sends 'em priority mail even for normal processing to get the tracking service.