Baltic Cruise/Free Transporation

palermo22

I read that in many ports Oceania gives you free transportation into town (or at the very least to the nearest transportation that will get you into town). So with that in mind - if anyone is familiar with the following ports - can you tell me if these are ports where they do get you into town (or, if not, where do they take you - if at all)?

1) Bruges

2) Amsterdam

3) Warnemunde

4) Helsinki

5) Tallinn

6) Gdansk

7) Klaipeda

8) Copenhagen

I read that in many ports Oceania gives you free transportation into town (or at the very least to the nearest transportation that will get you into town). So with that in mind - if anyone is familiar with the following ports - can you tell me if these are ports where they do get you into town (or, if not, where do they take you - if at all)?

1) Bruges the port has shuttles to the gate in the port of Zeebruge

2) Amsterdam you are a 10-15 walk to the central area

8) Copenhagen if docked at Langelinie there is the # 26 BUS or the HOHO bus other quays just the HOHO bus ... no shuttle

I think in Tallin there is a shuttle provided by the town from the port to old Town ..

I would check on the Ports of Call forum

I think in Tallin there is a shuttle provided by the town from the port to old Town ..

If you're in reasonably good health, it's not a far walk from the Tallin port to the Old Town. What would you say Lyn, 10 minutes?

If you're in reasonably good health, it's not a far walk from the Tallin port to the Old Town. What would you say Lyn, 10 minutes?

Randy ..now you know I am not walking LOL

We took the bus LOL

I guess it depends how many days you are on the cruise before hitting Tallin :D

Hi to Jeff

The ship does not go to Gdansk, it goes to Gyndia (sp) which is about 25 miles from Gdansk. A shuttle is provided into the small port town, but there isn't much there. People either took a tour of Gdansk or took a taxi into town and visited themselves. I believe it was about a $50 taxi ride, from reports. O does not provide transportation to Gdansk. It was the only port, other than St. Pete, that transportation wasn't provided, discounting the bus into the small port town which was about a two block walk.

A shuttle is provided in Tallin, otherwise it is about a 10 minute walk to the Old Town.

No transportation is provided in St. Pete.