Carnival Breeze - Southern Carribean - Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, Aruba - Review

santacap

Well pics are back, so I'll continue on while they are up...

As I said, we stayed at the Savoy after for 2 nights and 3 days. We got there about 11 AM and our room wasn't ready but they provided us with a spot to store our luggage, and change so we could use the pools / beach.

As long as the hotel provides the value it does we will continue to book here. We try and book in advance, and usually get a better rate than available. The pool attendants and staff at the restaurant are fantastic. The location works too, kind of out of the way from the main sections, but close to everything you could need.

The first night we ate at TGIF and that will be the last time, gave it another shot and were kind of just craving some chain food... our food was wrong, cold and slow.

We had dinenr and breakfast at Bellini Bistro the next day. While the reviews weren't glowing, I enjoyed both meals.

P5041369.jpg

P5041333.jpg

P5041331.jpg

P5041330.jpg

P5041321.jpg

P5041322.jpg

Overall, we loved the ship, the staff, and the ports. While not my number one itinerary we have done, it was all new to us and we wouldn't hesitate to do it again in the future.

It's been a while since we have done Half Moon, so we will be looking at that down the road.

We loved the ship and all it offered to our family that we have booked 2015 again, and are counting down the days until we will be onboard again.

Thanks for reading, appreciated all the kind comments...

until next time. :)

Thanks for your review. I'm looking to do this same cruise in August. Do you remember which side the ship docked at more often, port or starboard?

our room was portside and was facing the port at each stop, except for Grand Turk, but that port runs perpendicular to the island so we had a view of the majority of the island.

Thanks for the info. Can I also clarify if the ship docked portside? Thanks!

I apologize, I misread your question... each time other than Grand Turk the ship docked portside (further clarification, the gangway to leave the ship was on the portside at all but GT)

I believe it could change with other variables?

I'm confused, you posted photos of Bugaloes and it looks like you can swim here is that Eagle Beach??

apologies... got my original plans confused... Bugaloes is on Palm beach, but the cost is accurate for the taxis

a ride to Eagle beach would be cheaper as it is closer to the pier

:)

Nice review. I was on the Breeze right before you, on May 3rd sailing (6 nights). I loved sailing on her (great service and very nice ship design). I also loved the lido deck without the stadium set up and also loved that they added another deck with padded loungers. I'd love to do the Aruba itinerary on Breeze for next May but right now prices are very high in my opinion. For now, I'm booked on RCI's Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan for a slightly different Aruba itinerary for a lot lower, but if I see price drops for Breeze to Aruba, I will switch.

Cleaning said 'incident'

P5031298.jpg

Aruba on our way to Curacao

P4290944.jpg

Must have been a late night for most

P4290934.jpg

Arrrr

P4290908.jpg

P4290909.jpg

10325696_10152412011431280_9171725654378897997_n.jpg

Great review and pictures! Thanks for taking the time to post. May I ask what "incident" happened in the pool?

anewmac Loved ur review, we are booking soon for this exact same cruise for March of 2015! So now u really have me excited!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forums

Excellent, glad I could add to the excitement. Enjoy the cruise.

lyndamr Great review and thank you, still debating whether to go on the Breeze, guess I just waiting for a special. lol

The price dropped four our cruise 150 or so from time of booking, nothing astronomical, but any little bit helps. Hope you find one. Thanks.

Nice review. I was on the Breeze right before you, on May 3rd sailing (6 nights). I loved sailing on her (great service and very nice ship design). I also loved the lido deck without the stadium set up and also loved that they added another deck with padded loungers. I'd love to do the Aruba itinerary on Breeze for next May but right now prices are very high in my opinion. For now, I'm booked on RCI's Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan for a slightly different Aruba itinerary for a lot lower, but if I see price drops for Breeze to Aruba, I will switch.

I loved the seating options, Those loungers can get uncomfortable after a while. The prices are pretty steep, enjoy hour cruise. THanks.

Great review and pictures! Thanks for taking the time to post. May I ask what "incident" happened in the pool?

My pleasure, glad you enjoyed.

They shut down the pool from about 10 AM on the last sea day because somebody was sick in the pool. Drained, shocked with chemicals, and then scrubbed. Unfortunate we were down a pool on the last day, but what can you do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure how I missed this review earlier!! We were actually in Aruba with you, on the NCL Dawn parked right behind you! We spent the day at DePalm as well, I pretty much floated in the ocean the whole time. What a beautiful area.

We didnt even arrive until 1 so having everything closed was kind of a bummer for my wife. She wanted to shop a little after dinner but oh well!

Anyway, thank you for the review and pics. We are on the Breeze this coming April!

Thank you so much for your review and pictures. We leave on the same cruise on the Breeze August 30. Your review raised my excitement level about the 3 ports we have not been to, Aruba DR and Curacao. Thanks for sharing. ;)

Edited by kittycrusin08

La Romana - 9 AM - 4 PM

Next up was La Romana.

AWESOME Review so far. Thank you so much for sharing. I renewed my vows at Dreams La Romana in 2011 and these pics bring back some amazing memories. The picture in my signature was taken in the water area behind the gazebo at Dreams :):) We loved the location and the Entertainment Crew as well. I might just have to book this cruise to go back :D

Edited by tpiper55

Our night in La Romana we ate at the Cuccina Del Capitano and boy oh boy did it not dissapoint. For the 12 dollars a person, and due to the size of our group they brought out a few each of the appetizers, and then we all got our choices of entree and desert. Personally I had the meatball, and if I go back I believe our group had at least one of all the entrees and nobody had anything negative to say. The kids enjoyed their choices as well. There were a few songs mixed in from the staff, but the atmosphere for dinner was great IMO.

Just like Nona

P4290923.jpg

We had nona's meatballs at the Taste Bar on Pride and they were the best I have ever had. Can't wait for the full meal on the Breeze!!