World Cup Football Dissapointment

canary1902

Oh dear,

I have just been told that the World Cup will not be shown on the Caribbean Princess, can anyone tell me if the cabins have Sky Sports.

Thanks

Susan

:confused:

I was wondering if the World Cup would be shown in a Sports bar or Cabin TV channels.

Susan

No Sky Sports & your only hope would be if they're on ESPN International which is one of their standard channels & where I've watched the Super Bowl. I've read that the rights to show events onboard can be very expensive so it's doubtful it would be on ship TVs (including bars) when it's not on MUTS. :(

What, you mean to say you booked the cruise BEFORE finding out for definite?! :eek:

Not being unsympathetic, but this is the very reason why we are going on a Canaries cruise on the Emerald just before the WC starts. In fact, I gave up the chance to be away on a significant birthday because of it - the first England game against Italy starts at 11pm the night before - so, it looks like it will be pizza and beer going into my 60th birthday! :D

Hope your husband gets to see the games

The odds are decent streaming will be blocked on the internet system, especially something of that bandwith which would most likely be full HD video

If your husband must watch the game live, I am sure he can find it streamed on the internet. It won't be cheap.

What, you mean to say you booked the cruise BEFORE finding out for definite?! :eek:

My thought exactly. Everyone who is interested in football has known for several years when it would be on, and there are dozens of cruises available. If it's important to be able to watch it, why would you choose a cruise when it's on?

They aren't doing this for (or to) their American passengers as they aren't showing them on Caribbean or Alaskan itineraries. They know that they can get enough Europeans on European itineraries to make a bundle selling booze during the games. I'm relieved that we actually have our last four nights on our cruise (July 13-17) where there will be no soccer. Maybe we can actually get a movie and it will be warm enough to stay outside.

WORLD CUP Release:):)

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (May 8, 2014) -- Princess Cruises will delight soccer fans by showing all 64 games of the upcoming FIFA World Cup aboard nine cruise ships during the June 12-July 13 tournament. The matches will air on the line’s signature Movies Under the Stars® outdoor screens, which have space for hundreds of guests to enjoy the action.

“Our guests won’t miss the excitement of the World Cup while sailing with Princess,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “What better way to enjoy this dynamic tournament than on our giant outdoor movie screens against the backdrop of sea and sky, while enjoying the wonderful amenities of a Princess cruise vacation.”

World Cup games will be shown aboard:

Dawn Princess

Diamond Princess

Emerald Princess

Regal Princess

Royal Princess

Ruby Princess

Sapphire Princess

Sea Princess

Sun Princess

Soccer fans will also enjoy themed entertainment and activities, including World Cup trivia, face painting with favorite team flags, team cheering sections and soccer-themed contests with prizes.