My Time Dining Question

We'll be on the Liberty of the Seas next week, and a couple of evenings we won't be back on the ship until after our 6:30 p.m. main dining room time. Can we just go to the my time dining line?

If you have registered for MTD then that should not present a problem. However if you are not set up for MTD (pre paid gratuities) then i would inform the Maitre De at your designated dining room and let them know your estimated time of arrival for dinner and I'm sure they will be able to accommodate you within your sitting time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why don't you just change to My Time Dining?

It gives you so much flexibility every night. :)

LuLu

Exactly WHY we do MTD. Want to go and eat when we feel like it and not at a set time. We rarely make reservations and just go to dinner when we are ready. Have done MTD since it first came out and we love it

I booked for Easter week next April and our only option was MTD. We are a family of 5. Will we have to wait forever for a table?

DCL Fantasy 2013

DCL Wonder 2014

Not if you make reservations. You can prebook a standing reservation if you know you want a certain time each night.

If you have registered for MTD then that should not present a problem. However if you are not set up for MTD (pre paid gratuities) then i would inform the Maitre De at your designated dining room and let them know your estimated time of arrival for dinner and I'm sure they will be able to accommodate you within your sitting time.

No, they won't. If you have set seating time in the MDR, you can't come at another time.

I booked for Easter week next April and our only option was MTD. We are a family of 5. Will we have to wait forever for a table?

DCL Fantasy 2013

DCL Wonder 2014

We were on the Freedom for spring break this year and never waited for a table. We were only a party of 3, but there were always tables of various sizes available in the MTD section.

Really recommend MTD. On our Alaska cruise last summer on MTD even without reservations got the same table and the same servers every single night. Great experience.

We're booked for MTD on Serenade 9/2015. This will be our first time trying it and I'm glad to read good things about it!

WE had no option but to book with MTD. My only experience in the past (on another cruise line) was that reservations were never available if you waited to book the day before. We usually prefer a table for 2. Has anyone had experience with trying to get a table for 2 booking that day or one days notice or even just walking in the day needed? Thanks-Kade

Is the MTD in the main dining room? Or a different room? Would we still be able to see the singing waiters, etc?

MTD uses one of the levels of the main dining room (usually the upper deck) and you should be able to see and hear the singing waiters as long as you are dining during the period when they perform, which is usually during the last several minutes of each traditional dining session.

I changed my soon to be cruises over to MTD, because after sitting at a table of 10 and over half the table does not show. I was just never really ready when it was time and I missed stuff. It is to hard to fit it all in. Dinner seemed the hardest.

Exactly WHY we do MTD. Want to go and eat when we feel like it and not at a set time. We rarely make reservations and just go to dinner when we are ready. Have done MTD since it first came out and we love it

I totally agree. I have been doing MTD since it came out and love it. So the first night we went to MTD on our Freedom cruise a couple of weeks ago, the person at the desk suggested we make reservations for the rest of the week. Ha Ha, right. That totally defeats the purpose for MTD. We got a table for 2 every night and never waited.

WE had no option but to book with MTD. My only experience in the past (on another cruise line) was that reservations were never available if you waited to book the day before. We usually prefer a table for 2. Has anyone had experience with trying to get a table for 2 booking that day or one days notice or even just walking in the day needed? Thanks-Kade

Got a table for 2 on the Freedom a few weeks ago (every night) using MTD and never made a reservation and never waited. I will say that the best time to go in is somewhere between the two regular dining times. We usually went in between 7 and 8 every night.

Edited by CruiseLover15

Never had a problem getting a table for 2...and I never make reservations...

Is the MTD in the main dining room? Or a different room? Would we still be able to see the singing waiters, etc?

MTD is in the main dining room, just in its own section, so yes, there are singing waiters and such.