Norwegian iConcierge, coming to the Pearl now

mking8288

#Thumbs up ;) #Like - Our Android devices just updated its free iConcierge App to the newest V2.1 - just under 8MB sized, available to download at Google Store (should/expect it to the on iOS platform for iPhone & iPad users)

This is the 2nd. revisions since we returned from our Breakaway cruise in late March, part of the overall NCL fleetwide upgrade program announced to enhance onboard connectivity - below is a partial description for those unfamiliar with it, currently working on 3 of the newest ships and being rolled out/available to the Pearl:

Our ... app informs you about everything happening on board, lets you make reservations for Shore Excursions, keeps you in contact with friends, and more, on board ... Epic, ... Breakaway, ... Getaway & ... Pearl

Very interested feature that I just noticed - To reach guests who are sailing on board Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway or Norwegian Getaway using the Norwegian iConcierge Phone Feature, please call: 1-877-308-5605 (Toll-Free, US Only) or 305-400-4629 (Local or Outside US), select the ship the guest is sailing on, and dial their stateroom number or their direct extension…

It's not clear whether this is free calling from land to those onboard & paying for the calling & texting features, or to all iConcierge "users" who registered for & activated the services.

Those sailing later this week and/or next week, please make a note & share your experience afterward, especially sailing on the Pearl.

There are more specific instructions in the Play Store about "enabling push notifications" while downloading/installing the APP, ahead of sailing.

Have fun with it & enjoy - we will definitely check it out again on our next sailing. Just a heads up for fellow CC's here.

Looks like it is coming to all NCL ships

"Onboard Connectivity

The iConcierge app, currently available onboard Epic, Breakaway and Getaway, will be rolled out across all ships and will allow cruisers to keep in touch with talk and text. According to the line, shipwide Wi-Fi is also undergoing improvements. Touch screens and digital signage are coming as well. "

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5858

I just read the email and went directly to download it from the apple store. I am sailing on the Pearl in 18 days and cannot wait to use it.

I noticed when I clicked on the Message tab and Phone tab it told me "Current packages and Rates are not available until you connect to the ships WiFi Network"

I am VERY curious about the rates, as I've been waiting for this for a couple of years! Two of our three sailing next month are gamblers, so this will allow us to stay in touch about dining and such.

And I love this idea for my October cruise on the dawn with my 17 year old in October.

IF ANYONE can clue us in on the rates that would be awesome. Hopefully it's not as expensive as the wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not too sure what the first post is saying, or what NCL is saying, but here is the EXACT posting from NCL

Onboard Connectivity

The iConcierge app, currently available onboard Epic, Breakaway and Getaway, will be rolled out across all ships and will allow cruisers to keep in touch with talk and text. According to the line, shipwide Wi-Fi is also undergoing improvements. Touch screens and digital signage are coming as well

I have read that messaging is $7.95 per phone, but have also read the Pearl doesn't have the messaging of voice features yet. I will be on the Pearl in 18 days too, really hoping the messaging function gets rolled out by then.

Sent from my ME400C using Tapatalk

I was recently on the Pearl and the app worked great for checking account status but did not have the voice or text option enabled. We were told that they are slowly rolling out the new features to all ships, so don't expect the voice or text features when you sail in the near future.

Sent from my iPad

If they don't have the messaging yet then it should be free.

It is free. Except for the messaging functions, for which there is a nominal fee.

• Shore Excursions Previews and Bookings
  • Restaurant Information with Menus and Bookings
  • Folio Review
  • General Information, such as Onboard Services, Spa Services, and Shopping
  • Daily Activities Highlights
  • Cruise Rewards Information
  • Messenger/Phone Features with Other Guests during your cruise (Nominal One-Time Fee During Cruise). Currently not available on Norwegian Pearl
  • Phone Calling with Family and Friends Back Home (Nominal Per Minute Fee During Cruise). Currently not available on Norwegian Pearl