My cruise has disappeared from the website - what does it mean?

shaskelly

I am booked on back to back cruises out of Rome in 2015, and suddenly one of the cruises has disappeared from the website 'list of voyages'.

I've sent SeaDream an email asking what's the story, but heard nothing back yet. Does anyone know why this might happen? Could it be a charter?? :eek:

Shaskelly

I am booked on back to back cruises out of Rome in 2015, and suddenly one of the cruises has disappeared from the website 'list of voyages'.

I've sent SeaDream an email asking what's the story, but heard nothing back yet. Does anyone know why this might happen? Could it be a charter?? :eek:

Shaskelly

It certainly could be. I have had that happen before. You would think you would get some communication soon if that is true. But then..........:eek:

I'm hoping for someone to tell me it's just a glitch on the website... if it's a charter, will my reservation still be valid? What might I expect - has anyone else been on board with a charter group??

I'm hoping for someone to tell me it's just a glitch on the website... if it's a charter, will my reservation still be valid? What might I expect - has anyone else been on board with a charter group??

We have been on board with a "partial charter" (sort of like partially pregnant:eek:) and would never do it again. You should be offered the option of refund or re book if in fact it is a partial. If it is a full charter, well then maybe Frequent Traveler will check in as she has been bumped more than once. Maybe the computer burped??:D

Just got word through my TA (after I got her to chase it up). We are 'offloaded' as it's a full charter. Bummer. They have offered refunds and credits and such, but it's still disrupted plans we had for the rest of the trip. We will still do the second cruise (it was supposed to be a back to back) but we can't change our other plans to do the one on the other side.

Oh well.

:(

This sort of situation was one of the things that put us off Seadream entirely after 3 partly enjoyable cruises with them.

We always had the strong feeling (from the top) that the bottom line came very much first before the passengers needs and wants. Obviously this is true of all lines, but seemed so obvious on Seadream.

Other things we found off-putting were there being only 1 single malt and 1 cognac on the included list - neither top-notch, and on our cruises a distinct unwillingness to supply any other than the wine provided for that meal, some of which were awful. None of these apply to Seabourn, Silversea or Regent and certainly Seabourn's prices are considerably lower. A pity, because the little ships are charming, when sailing in really good weather conditions, and evening meals in the dining room really excellent.

This sort of situation was one of the things that put us off Seadream entirely after 3 partly enjoyable cruises with them.

We always had the strong feeling (from the top) that the bottom line came very much first before the passengers needs and wants. Obviously this is true of all lines, but seemed so obvious on Seadream.

Other things we found off-putting were there being only 1 single malt and 1 cognac on the included list - neither top-notch, and on our cruises a distinct unwillingness to supply any other than the wine provided for that meal, some of which were awful. None of these apply to Seabourn, Silversea or Regent and certainly Seabourn's prices are considerably lower. A pity, because the little ships are charming, when sailing in really good weather conditions, and evening meals in the dining room really excellent.

Darling, every time you post it's about the damn alcohol !

For heavens sake, you have enough money, pay the damn price for a decent dram !

The alcohol aint working if you if you are always sniping about it !

Just thought it helped to reveal the basically money-grabbing attitude of the Seadream owner/management team - though obviously not as infuriating as having your booked cruise pulled out from under you for a more lucrative charter. I did get the impression you were not entirely enchanted with the way Seadream is run, but admit to not looking at SD threads often since we parted company with them.

Just thought it helped to reveal the basically money-grabbing attitude of the Seadream owner/management team - though obviously not as infuriating as having your booked cruise pulled out from under you for a more lucrative charter. I did get the impression you were not entirely enchanted with the way Seadream is run, but admit to not looking at SD threads often since we parted company with them.

Darling lincslady, yes ho hum has a lot of issues with shoreside/owner but the experience onboard is the very BEST and nothing can compare.

You gotta give it another go.

So wadda think is better than Sea Dream and please dont cite cheaper boooooooze.

But you're right, having your voyage cancelled is an ultimate bummer and our sympathies are with shaskelly.

Dont you receive anything else other than a refund ? Discount perhaps ?

Darling ho-hum - if I were a devout feminist I would object to the 'darling' but - ho-hum. Actually it is not entirely to do with the better included booze on the other lines mainly, but sadly for us the fact that we are getting a bit long in the tooth, and the emphasis on Seadream is geared more to the 40 to 60 year olds than us - those who like hiking and biking, and staying up until 2 a.m. at the TOY bar which is not for us. Having said that, what mainly put us off a few years ago was the fact that when we pointed out to the F and B Manager that the wine they were serving was corked (every bottle we tried) he said 'we are in business' and did not stop serving it to those who had not noticed. I know this can happen more easily on ships; not the ideal place to keep wine, but a refusal to offer anything different - even to us, though he was well aware the wine was subpar, was the final straw. OK, booze again!

I think Seabourn is better than Seadream ,and less expensive and more user friendly - but they all have different ambiances, and if Seadream suits you, fine.

Darling ho-hum - if I were a devout feminist I would object to the 'darling' but - ho-hum. Actually it is not entirely to do with the better included booze on the other lines mainly, but sadly for us the fact that we are getting a bit long in the tooth, and the emphasis on Seadream is geared more to the 40 to 60 year olds than us - those who like hiking and biking, and staying up until 2 a.m. at the TOY bar which is not for us. Having said that, what mainly put us off a few years ago was the fact that when we pointed out to the F and B Manager that the wine they were serving was corked (every bottle we tried) he said 'we are in business' and did not stop serving it to those who had not noticed. I know this can happen more easily on ships; not the ideal place to keep wine, but a refusal to offer anything different - even to us, though he was well aware the wine was subpar, was the final straw. OK, booze again!

I think Seabourn is better than Seadream ,and less expensive and more user friendly - but they all have different ambiances, and if Seadream suits you, fine.

I also currently prefer Seabourn to Seadream for a number of reasons, including better shoreside management and the fact that a charter is not going to destroy my travel plans.

Totally concur in avoiding partial charters otherwise known as large groups. We had one voyage with a large group that was ok but one of the reasons our ninth SD voyage last August will be our last is the large group/partial charter that acted like the rest of us were in their way. The crew was forced to cater to them and the group thought they had the ship as if it were a full charter including declaring certain spaces their private territory. As usual the crew did its utmost to deliver for the rest of us but some situations were beyond their control (the pool area for example). We are on Silversea this summer instead. We also intend to try Seabourn, perhaps next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Totally concur in avoiding partial charters otherwise known as large groups. We had one voyage with a large group that was ok but one of the reasons our ninth SD voyage last August will be our last is the large group/partial charter that acted like the rest of us were in their way. The crew was forced to cater to them and the group thought they had the ship as if it were a full charter including declaring certain spaces their private territory. As usual the crew did its utmost to deliver for the rest of us but some situations were beyond their control (the pool area for example). We are on Silversea this summer instead. We also intend to try Seabourn, perhaps next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is as if SeaDream does not know what they are. Are they a charter company? A couples luxury company? A multi generational family company? Imho, they are too small to continue to have it all ways and to be all things to all people. Pick a business model and stick to it for a while so that the rest of us may make informed decisions. Too much to ask??