Finally, after 16 months....

of planning, we are in the single digits!!! Whooohooo! :D

Going on the Oasis on 5/31/14. Our last full family vacation together. :o

Since booking ...way back in Feb. 2013 - I have been reading everything I can on these boards. Although I only have 10 days of cruising in my past, I feel ready for everything!

Thank you for everyone that has passed along their knowledge, their reviews, their insights! It helps a lot.

Can you feel my excitement????

Congratulations.

I remember well our last full family vacation together last year sailing the Allure.

Then we sent the only DD off to college. Half way thru the first sememster she comments on having the time of her life on that cruise ( just like she spoke about for months after we sailed), in fact she had the time of her life so well that she talked us into another.......................Last family vacation this summer on the Allure:eek:

I am thrilled and honored that we can yet again share memories.

Like I said Enjoy and have the time of your lives........:D

Sea Ya

Thank you all for the best wishes!

An additional yessss! came when I scored us a week before the cruise at our time share in Ft. Lauderdale!! So, leaving in 30 hours to DRIVE from Indianapolis to Ft. Lauderdale. :o Takes about 18 hrs to get there. Us driving enabled this all to happen - gotta remember that in about....47 hrs when I am soooo tired of driving. :cool:

How long have you all waited for your "cruise of a lifetime?"

Thank you all for the best wishes!

An additional yessss! came when I scored us a week before the cruise at our time share in Ft. Lauderdale!! So, leaving in 30 hours to DRIVE from Indianapolis to Ft. Lauderdale. :o Takes about 18 hrs to get there. Us driving enabled this all to happen - gotta remember that in about....47 hrs when I am soooo tired of driving. :cool:

How long have you all waited for your "cruise of a lifetime?"

Holy moly! Good luck on that drive, have a great two weeks of vacation!

Holy moly! Good luck on that drive, have a great two weeks of vacation!

Thanks! I really hope we have a great time. Lots of difficulties in our family this past year. We all need to spend happy time together! Nearly impossible on land with teenagers!

Enjoy your Oasis cruise...but perhaps it actually won't be your last "full family" cruise...our family keeps growing and cruising now with daughter-in-law & son-in-law and the grandkids...and making more memories.

Enjoy your Oasis cruise...but perhaps it actually won't be your last "full family" cruise...our family keeps growing and cruising now with daughter-in-law & son-in-law and the grandkids...and making more memories.

I do hope this is the case for us, as well. The older teens are so "nasty" at this point in their lives. It's all about friends and to heck with family. I know we are in the growing pains of the ages, 11 - 19.

I think we will be spending shows and dinners together. Probably enough time right there. The 11 yr old still wants to be with us, ;) right now. The older ones - not at all. (and their attitudes make me feel that way about them!)

10 yrs from now....hopefully a more peaceful place in the family?? :o

Thanks everyone! We made it in about 17 hours this time.

Unfortunately, one hour into the drive I received word that a friend and coworker was killed in a motorcycle accident early that day. Only 49 years old and a cautious driver, too. So, my driving was interrupted and poor DH had to take over. He didnt get any sleep until we got to Ft. Lauderdale. Thank you honey for taking over so that I could deal with the awful news.

Now, I sit in beautiful Ft. Lauderdale. Saw the Oasis leave today (we are on in one week!) feeling weepy. Time to reflect and hopefully get my head right.

Thanks for listening all. I appreciate being able to talk about my "cruise addiction" here. Everyone else thinks I'm nuts!

Going to take the kids to the port to watch the Allure leave on Sunday.

So very sorry for your friend. Hopefully you can still have a wonderful cruise with your family. And teenagers start appreciating parents when they get to 25. Key word in the last sentence I "start" .:D

Very sorry for your loss. Glad you arrived safe. Try to relax and enjoy your family time.

If you wouldn't mind wave goodbye to the allure for me cause when it returns next Sunday it's coming for me!! I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We get on the Oasis tomorrow! I can not believe how this last 16 months has flown. It seems like we just started talking about talking a big cruise and here we are. LOL

I'll be waving to everyone on the beach as we leave port. This time I'm waving down instead of up. ;)

We get on the Oasis tomorrow! I can not believe how this last 16 months has flown. It seems like we just started talking about talking a big cruise and here we are. LOL

I'll be waving to everyone on the beach as we leave port. This time I'm waving down instead of up. ;)

Have a great cruise, your wait is almost over. Enjoy it time goes fast. We also booked 16 months out and have a little less than 6 months to go. Can't wait.