Britannia Club on Queen Victoria?

supered

While we may not like it if additional cabins are going to be added by squaring off the stern, these people will need to eat somewhere. Taking space out of the main dining room while increasing the number of pax strikes me as a recipe for disaster.

Perhaps one of the other bars could become the new chart room/.

Roy

On the recent QV 2014 World Cruise access to the Chart Room was restricted to full World Cruise passengers until the evenings.

Not a satisfactory situation for those of us who prefer the QV for this venue

Hello one and all!

I am wondering exactly how many additional cabins will be installed with a restructuring the stern of the QV. (If the rumor is true.) Also, if single cabins will be added on deck two as Cunard is doing to the QE.

And when is this refit going to happen?

Thanks

Deck Chair

I assume the stateroom configuration would become like that of Queen Elizabeth.

On deck 8, QE has 7 more insides and 8 more balcony staterooms than QV's current configuration.

On deck 7, QE has 4 more insides and 6 more balcony staterooms.

On deck 6, QE has 4 more insides and 4 more balcony staterooms.

On Deck 5, QE has one more inside and 2 more balcony staterooms.

On Deck 4, QE has 4 more insides.

Based on my quick manual stateroom count of the deck plans (I only looked at the rear section), that's around 40 more staterooms (of course the inside cabin configuration differences might be due to more than just the extended deck length)

Edited by Underwatr

Hello

Restructuring the stern to add cabins will diminish the physical appeal of the ship but bean counters don't care about looks. I doubt that they even care much about the seas!

There will be more passengers, more crowding especially if the Chart Room is eliminated. If all this happens this once favorite ship of mine will become just another ship. And Cunard Line will be one step closer to becoming just another cruise line.

I am no spring chicken and I recall on QE, due to the lack of the Chart Room I was pressed to have pre-dinner drinks in the often very crowded Commodore Club due to lack of other nice alternatives. (The so-called Midships Bar is a joke. ) And each evening I recall very long walk to the Britannia Dining Room. (Very forward to very aft) With the Chart Room on QV there is an easy stroll to the dining room.

So David Dingle, go ahead and butcher the QV but once you do I will be very unlikely to sail on her again and I doubt that I am alone.

Cunard is giving me every reason to try Crystal or Oceania for my cruises.

Looking forward to my Queen Mary 2 crossings this Summer! Cunard hasn't wrecked that ship yet!

Deck Chair

It seems to me that the people that would fill a potential Britannia club dining room would come out of the current Britannia diners. If they HAD to bring in this extra class could they not create a dining room for it from a section of the Britannia restaurant upstairs?

It sounds feasible, at least.

Compared to the dining rooms of the other Vista Class ships (HAL, P&O), the Britannia restaurant has fewer people to accommodate, because passengers of more than 120 cabins are eating in the Grills.

So, devoting a section of the Britannia to create a Britannia Club for passengers of approximately 40 cabins, looks feasible - even if 40 new cabins are added in the stern (bearing in mind the two seatings).

The Chart Room is undoubtedly a beautiful space and one of QV's assets for many people. It would be a pity to 'get rid' of it.

Hello

And I also hope that during the QV refit Cunard doesn't add a sports area which is right above the Commodore Club on QE.

Is it only me or do others enjoy the Commodore Club as a place to quietly read, converse and just watch the beautiful ocean. Well, on QE, at least during the day, there can be a thumping from the heavy balls being thrown down the court on the sports deck by the active passengers. It can be very annoying when all you want is a quiet atmosphere. THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.

In addition to a lack of a Chart Room, this is one more reason you will not likely see me sailing again on the QE.

Deck Chair

Is it only me or do others enjoy the Commodore Club as a place to quietly read, converse and just watch the beautiful ocean. Well, on QE, at least during the day, there can be a thumping from the heavy balls being thrown down the court on the sports deck by the active passengers. It can be very annoying when all you want is a quiet atmosphere. THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.
Hi deck chair,

Actually loud "BANGS" from above my head was the thing I noticed MOST about the Commodore Club on QV.

The first few times it happened several passengers ran to the windows to see if anything had been blown over the side. One or two ran aft out of the room and upstairs to see what had occurred "up top". The noise was alarming... However I noted that the stewards ignored it, and were therefore used to it... Turns out it was the deck games (shuffleboard etc) making all the noise above our heads... :mad:

So give me short-mat bowls, croquet (as on QE) etc anytime (never heard them once on QE while in the Commodore Club :) unlike the deafening row on QV ).

I suppose we all find differing things disturbing :confused:

Edited by pepperrn