Queen Victoria in Liverpool this week

alvin moondust

I'm planning to go to Liverpool for a day out on Friday just to see the Queen Victoria as she's the only Cunard ship I haven't seen. I've sailed on Queen Elizabeth and on that cruise we met up with the QM2 in Stavanger :)

My husband and youngest son (10) have never been on a cruise and so I am hoping that they will be wowed when they see QV. The weather forecast is for a good day too!

I'm planning to go to Liverpool for a day out on Friday just to see the Queen Victoria as she's the only Cunard ship I haven't seen. I've sailed on Queen Elizabeth and on that cruise we met up with the QM2 in Stavanger :)

My husband and youngest son (10) have never been on a cruise and so I am hoping that they will be wowed when they see QV. The weather forecast is for a good day too!

Have a great day Jules, are you going to go for the 3 Queens next year ? We will be on QM2.

HTC what a great cruise that you're booked on to :)

I'd love to go and see the Queens on 25 May, that would be something special. It's a shame that you couldn't sneak me on for a ship's tour ;)

Maybe we could meet up ashore?

HTC what a great cruise that you're booked on to :)

I'd love to go and see the Queens on 25 May, that would be something special. It's a shame that you couldn't sneak me on for a ship's tour ;)

Maybe we could meet up ashore?

That would be great, I'll be in touch nearer the time once we know more about the timings for the day.

In the meantime say hello to QV for me on Friday

Thanks Chirk what a good idea. I've checked online and all the ferries seem to be booked up. We've thought about travelling on the underground to Birkenhead instead to see QV from that side :)

The liner's visit to Liverpool marks the 100 year anniversary of when Cunard's superliner RMS Aquitania - one of the company's most successful ships - set sail on her maiden voyage to New York, from the same place.

Aquitaniaposter.PNG

She even made it on to our local news tonight, only for a few seconds but Ruby Princess was there yesterday and she did not get a mention. :)

I know I only got off her on the 23rd, but I am off to see her later today. I must be mad :eek:

She even made it on to our local news tonight, only for a few seconds but Ruby Princess was there yesterday and she did not get a mention. :)

Yes, I saw it too on North West Tonight. As you say, just a few seconds, but I've never seen them report any other cruise ships being in Liverpool and there is often one docked when I visit Liverpool every so often for a day on the pop !

Here we are at around 10am having first set our eyes on the ship. I was most impressed with Liverpool and its cruise facilities. The ship certainly couldn't dock any closer to the city centre :)

I apologise that there is only one photo and it's very small. When my teenage elder son comes home later today I will get him to help me upload photos better!

image.jpg.348940152824d92c38e56c6c10283239.jpg

Edited by Jules.
Apologies for small photo

We had a lovely afternoon in Liverpool yesterday. The Queen Victoria looked magnificent in the sunshine, The Three Queens really are attractive looking liners compared to so many of the slab sided cruise ships you see. There was a great atmosphere down at the dockside and the ship was given a great musical send off. On Friday a guy in a water powered jet pack flew up the side of the ship to the docking platform and shook hands with the skipper:D

Ive never experienced anything like that at any port we have docked in so it must have been great for the passengers and crew to receive such a warm welcome and send off. I think Liverpool would make a fantastic starting point for a Transatlantic cruise, with the stunning waterfront and fabulous old buildings as a backdrop.

I look forward to May next year when all three Queens will be in Liverpool together