Excursion Reservations

ab2010

Hi fellow cruisers!

I've just signed into my Cruise Personaliser, and I've noticed that there are no excursions available yet (our cruise is on the 25th of November). I'm finding it a little strange, as on our previous bookings the excursions have been available up to 10 months before the cruise. Has anyone else had this experience?

Cheers!

Hi fellow cruisers!

I've just signed into my Cruise Personaliser, and I've noticed that there are no excursions available yet (our cruise is on the 25th of November). I'm finding it a little strange, as on our previous bookings the excursions have been available up to 10 months before the cruise. Has anyone else had this experience?

Cheers!

I have a cruise booked for September, 2014 and it doesn't yet have any excursions listed. I also have a cruise booked for April of 2015 and it has had excursions available for reserving for a few weeks already. My guess is that some itineraries have been running without change for a long time and Princess is confident that they will continue so they can make long-term contracts with the tour operators. The booking I have for this September is a new itinerary and Princess may not be certain that it will be sailing it long-term.

That has been my experience also & only once did I have them available 11 months in advance.

:rolleyes: You are so right. We've have them 11 months fairly often 6-7 months. On the other hand, as little as 60 days.

LuLu

:rolleyes: You are so right. We've have them 11 months fairly often 6-7 months. On the other hand, as little as 60 days.

LuLu

That's why I keep checking because if I plan to book a tour the best prices are early & they can increase dramatically by the time the tour begins. ;)

When they're available has a lot to do with whether the itinerary is done often and/or the tour operator contracts are signed. Normally, they're available 120-90 days before sailing but for itineraries done frequently, they're available a lot earlier. For instance, I signed up for my Grand Princess 2/15 tours a month ago. Hawaiian tours are pretty standard so they were available really early.

Thank you all for your responses :) I'll keep an eye out over the coming weeks. This isn't a new itinerary for Princess, but I suppose some of the small towns like Suvasuva in Fiji, along with some of the more isolated islands would be difficult to organise tours for due to their isolation. I can't wait to get back on the beautiful Sun Princess!