is there a prayer room on the Epic

cjc3008

No, sorry. They do use the meeting rooms for services (self led, time is in the daily). Those are near the art gallery, up front on deck 5. That's the best I know of..

Thank you for answering

I am sorry for your loss. If you need a quiet place to prayer and mediate, ask the Hotel Director Steven Jacobsen or someone from the Guest Service Desk and they can direct you. In spite of the circumstances, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

I am sorry for your loss. If you need a quiet place to prayer and mediate, ask the Hotel Director Steven Jacobsen or someone from the Guest Service Desk and they can direct you. In spite of the circumstances, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you for your kind words.

I will ask because it is the loss of my brother, but he has left wishes for a no fuss eco funeral which is to be held here for just a few minutes next Friday. The family are adamant I should cruise because he loved the sea and spent many years on the Union Castle Line. My being here for a few minute burial in the woods with no vicar or service they say is not what he would have wanted.

So I will toast him at sea and share the beauties of the Med. Thankyou again.

TS, after reading how your brother loved the sea the best next place (after what NCL will get you) would be perhaps the so called secret stair case if you appreciate a sea view.

On both corner sides aft at the ship are, unknown to most, public stair cases from deck 8 to 13 with a beautiful sea view. They are very very rarely used.

See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40176042&postcount=4 for pictures and a feel.

TS, after reading how your brother loved the sea the best next place (after what NCL will get you) would be perhaps the so called secret stair case if you appreciate a sea view.

On both corner sides aft at the ship are, unknown to most, public stair cases from deck 8 to 13 with a beautiful sea view. They are very very rarely used.

See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40176042&postcount=4 for pictures and a feel.

Thank you that could be the perfect place as I have a balcony port side about 10 cabins up from those stairs. Also a useful hint to know instead of using elevators.

So sorry for the loss of your brother. I sailed during my grandmother's funeral, and my husband and I found some secluded space topside on the quiet sundeck (on the Dawn) to share a drink and memories.

Thankyou. It is my first solo cruise so is not going to be easy but he wanted a no fuss eco burial. He was a Head Waiter for many years on ships so maybe it is a more fitting place for me to say farewell. x

WAIT.... :confused:

I was sure there was a Chapel on the EPIC when I sailed on Her 3 years ago.

Did they get rid of it? When did this happen?

What's there now???

It was a nice place to sit and reflect to start the day!

Maybe I am confusing it with another NCL ship..... Hmmm..... I will have to check my photos when I get home tonight!

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

WAIT.... :confused:

I was sure there was a Chapel on the EPIC when I sailed on Her 3 years ago.

Did they get rid of it? When did this happen?

What's there now???

It was a nice place to sit and reflect to start the day!

Maybe I am confusing it with another NCL ship..... Hmmm..... I will have to check my photos when I get home tonight!

I believe you are confusing it with another ship.

However, I'm not one to have noticed whether there's a chapel or not...just have never seen it on deck plans that I know fairly well

• 3 weeks later...
TS, I hope all went well on your cruise and had a nice spot for your moments of reflection. :)

So sorry not to have posted. I did have a good cruise and am so thankful for the knowledge of the back stair case. It was the perfect spot for me to spend an hour thinking of the funeral back home, having a few tears but in such a peaceful spot.

Sadly the ship failed to deliver the red rose I had ordered on time but later acknowledged their mistake and gave it to me free of charge, so I went back to the stair well on deck 14 later that night with two ladies I had met who were widows so we threw the rose to sea in memory of all those lost.

Thank you again and I hope anyone else in a similar situation on the Epic finds this spot because it is perfect for a few quiet moments

Thank you again x

Chapel on the Gem. I have found it best to go to wherever the Friends of Bill W. meetings are held if no Chapel is available. On the Gem Second City came into the chapel to warm up, they apologized and said they would leave, but I told them I was ready to go, please warm up here.