I keep going back and forth on FTTF.

From everything I have read, it is not worth it. Though many people will now come and chime in as to why it IS worth it to them.

Why I am not choosing to do it:

1: early boarding....not worth it. If you get there around 12:00-12:30pm you walk right onto the ship

2: get suitcases early.....I have read a LOT of reports where that is just not happening

3: able to drop off carry-on in cabin....ok, if that is worth $50 to you, maybe? Then again, if you board at Noon, you can do that anyway.

4: early off the ship.....you can ask for a group 1 tag anyway.

5: short line for CS. I never got here, so no biggie for me.

$50 buys me quite a few drinks. :D

Edited by Lisichka

IMO, not worth it. $50 but you may board a few minutes ahead of anyone else. Luggage, who knows. Priority tender...if you like to line up for the first one I guess. I don't know, just doesn't seem like a great deal unless you GOTTA BE FIRST.

From everything I have read, it is not worth it. Though many people will now come and chime in as to why it IS worth it to them.

1: early boarding....not worth it. If you get there around 12:00-12:30am you walk right onto the ship

2: get suitcases early.....I have read a LOT of reports where that is just not happening

3: able to drop off carry-on in cabin....ok, if that is worth $50 to you, maybe? Then again, if you board at Noon, you can do that anyway.

I hope you mean 12:00 pm. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm always early to the cruise port. I get there around 11ish, wait less than 30 minutes and am on board.

I eat lunch and explore, the cabins are usually ready, but we are too gross to lay down in a nice clean fluffy bed from traveling and walking around and the luggage isn't there to change.

For tenders, I line up early anyway... I'm usually up pretty early. So I'm not seeing the value really but I sometimes am convinced I've GOTTA HAVE IT.

We are Platinum but bought it for our DD, SIL and GS on the Paradise in April. Really felt like it was good for them and us. We checked in at different stations but the attendants boarded us together.

Cabins were ready when we boaded and luggage was there just after noon.

Priority tendering at Grand Cayman was a big plus for our excursion.

They used the Guest Services line on a couple of occasions.

They had Zone 1 debarkation tags so we were able to get our shuttle to the hotel together.

Edited by tandemcruzr

I feel it is really worth it. Booked it last last and again this year. There are 10 of us plus Mom who is 82. Four rooms $200.00. Obviously personal decision, works for us!! Hope that helps.

I want it. But I don't want it... but I DO want it.

But I won't use it. But maybe I will...

UGH. I hate that I'm so indecisive. If I keep waiting it'll be sold out!

We too went back and forth. Got this for DM and I trip in July. Must have read fifty comments on varying threads. Finally said HEY it's $50 why not give it a whirl. To me those extra moments of relaxation and good conversation over a few drinks before the majority of cruisers board is well worth the price of admission.

I can totally understand your indecisiveness about this issue. I went back and forth on this for quite a long time. I felt it was a rip off to give them 50 bucks just for them to do their jobs more efficiently. In the end I did it because it was part of our honeymoon and I wanted DW to experience that for her very first cruise, and I was so glad that I did! It was nice going directly to our room and having our luggage already there. It was great going to Guest Services, and not having to stand on the usual insanely long lines. Tender options could be valuable if you're trying to get to an excursion that's not booked through the cruise line. On the second leg of a B2B, I didn't do FTTF, and I can say, that I really missed it. Now...always!

Cheers,

Michael

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Edited by Michael P

We were in the same position as you, despite having it last year and loving it...we got our bags and entered our cabin around the same time and everything else.

This time though we have so many sea days and want to explore Tampa so decided against it as we will board around 1ish and are going to get up super early for our only tender port.

We are spending the £30 to go towards our steakhouse meal instead.

Michael P

Just curious if you were on the same ship when you were doing the b2b. On our last b2b we also had fttf for the first leg and not the second, same ship. They told us at guest services that they would treat us as though we still had it on the second. We were able to use the special line and had early debarcation.

You have me rethinking whether we should buy it for the second leg as well this time. Perhaps what they did for us was not the norm. We were the only b2bers on board, so that may have been the reason.

Had it, loved it, but could live without it and have a great cruise.

Here is what I would ask:

- Do you have $50 to spend?

- Are you traveling with children?

- Do you have at least 1 tender port?

- Do you have other reasons that you may not be able to potentially wait in lines/carry bags around?

If the answer is no to the majority or these, save your money. DH talked me into it because we are traveling with kids, tendering into Grand Cayman, and I have problems standing in lines not moving because of my joints - $50 per cabin isn't a big deal to us and it really made our last cruise much easier.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

1: early boarding....not worth it. If you get there around 12:00-12:30pm you walk right onto the ship

You mentioned almost all of the benefits. Also priority for shuttle when tendering at a location.

But to me it really comes down to preference. :D If those items are important to you, by all means do it. If it doesn't than you save 50.00 bucks. For most we spend 4 digits on a cruise and 50.00 bucks can seem like a pittance to some and ridiculous to others.:cool:

I have over 100 days cruising with Carnival. I hate that they sell the perks of being platinum.

That said.............I bought it for my Daughter's family when they sailed with us two months ago on the Dream.

I loved it. We were able to board together Honestly. Yes, they were on my credit card, I did pay for real, but I have seen 10 people or more use that ruse, and then run to change the status when they are on board......

they went to their FTTF S&S place...we went to our Plat one..then we had a cash account set up for them..no line at the Plat so they moved them over....We put the cash down...and immediately someone came for Both lines..FTTF and Platinums and Diamonds. Everyone boarded. We did not even sit down. Ditto for everyone there..Plats and FTTF.

Port Canveral has it down right. My daughter asked me what would have been the difference if I had not bought the FTTf I pointed to my 3 year old fussy toddler grand child..and the line on the other side................told her we had been there, done that and it was much better with the FTTf.

And it was. . They were able to get off early with the baby too. The phone line. first to tender..they did not use any of that. Just getting on and off with my grandchild....huge difference. And my grand daughter talks about "the Big Boat" and wants to go again. The video arcade enchanted her. Ditto the window in their cabin. She kept all of her dolls there. And she liked Cherry On Top too. Camp Carnival...not so much. Maybe next year. She was very well behaved in the MDR. Liked everything they ordered for her.

AND I bought her one of the stuffed Teddy bears in Candy on Top. it is her number one stuffed animal now. Goes everywhere with her. And it has held up well. Still looks very nice. She also loved the cotton candy they sell there. the Miss Kitty kind. and the candy rings. papa and I shared a bag of chocolates with her one babysitting afternoon in the Plaza lounge...and they were tasty indeed.

Edited by AmberTeka

I don't know what it's like now, but when I was on the Breeze last year about this time, I never found a line for customer service. As mentioned, we got to the pier around noon, checked in and walked right on board. I don't recall any line for us to get on, or off the ship, ever.

So, if you're ambivalent about it, save some money and use that $50 elsewhere (like a nice steak dinner. with change left over).

Edited by graphicguy

I don't know what it's like now, but when I was on the Breeze last year about this time, I never found a line for customer service. As mentioned, we got to the pier around noon, checked in and walked right on board. I don't recall any line for us to get on, or off the ship, ever.

So, if you're ambivalent about it, save some money and use that $50 elsewhere (like a nice steak dinner. with change left over).

What time of year did you sail? Sailing at peak times would certainly impact the wait times for embarkation and debarkation and change the perception of the value of FTTF. I highly doubt during summer months you could arrive at noon and walk right on the ship unless you were extremely lucky to get zone 1 or 2.

I have gotten it twice, once on the Sunshine and once on the Dream. I would get it again if I were on the Dream. So big and so many people, it helps to be able to get ahead in lines faster.

Really didn't need it on the Sunshine.

I always travel with 3 of my friends. We book together in the same cabin and split the cost. So only $10 for me. If I had to pay the full $50 myself, would not get it.

I want it. But I don't want it... but I DO want it.

But I won't use it. But maybe I will...

UGH. I hate that I'm so indecisive. If I keep waiting it'll be sold out!

It depends on your timing and level of patience. I have never gotten it and have never had to wait an excessive time getting on or off the ship. In fact, last June I got to port at about 11:45 and was onboard no later than 12:15. Got in my cabin about 1:20 and saved 50 bucks.

What time of year did you sail? Sailing at peak times would certainly impact the wait times for embarkation and debarkation and change the perception of the value of FTTF. I highly doubt during summer months you could arrive at noon and walk right on the ship unless you were extremely lucky to get zone 1 or 2.

I did last June. Maybe I had lucky timing. And to top it off the lady told me I didn't need a zone card!

i agree, FTTF is not worth the price, I think newbie cruisers are the ones falling over all this "deal".