Do you wear your wedding rings on cruises

lindaa

I never take my rings off -- even at my job as a barn manager. I've been on 7 cruises and never gave a thought to taking them off. I couldn't if I wanted to. I've gained some weight since I got married 14 years ago and they won't budge. Any robbers who want my rings are going to have to take my finger with them.

So I guess I'm screwed.

HOUNDMOM! Where ya' been, you used to be a regular here.

If you really want to get your ring off, try this.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=getting+off+a+tight+ring&view=detail&mid=6CCE258478AC877750836CCE258478AC87775083&FORM=VIRE

Hiya, iheart! It's been a crazy few years. Life intrudes, y'know? We did do a cruise last year, but for some reason I didn't post here. My bad. :-)

Anyhoo, I have seen the video on how to get rings off -- if I ever want to get them off. Which I really don't.

I can understand not wanting to be a target for thieves, I never wear "real" jewelry (or anything that looks expensive) in port, and take care to keep my stuff safe from pickpockets. I refuse to see the devil in every doorway. Reasonable caution and common sense should suffice.

Edited by Houndmom

I had to have my wide wedding band cut off a few weeks ago (very emotional for me). I hadn't had it off on 47 years, but had a skin cancer removed & didn't think to remove it & swelling almost made me lose my finger. Luckily the goldsmith was able to repair it.

I always wear my wedding rings on the ship. Sometimes when in port I only wear my wedding band. It has diamonds on it but isn't flashy like my engagement ring. It's really dependent on where I am. In the Caribbean or Alaska I usually wear them. In Europe where there is a good chance of getting pick pocketed I leave the engagement ring in the safe. I realize pick pockets don't usually try to rip your rings off your fingers but I try not to attract attention by wearing flashy jewelry.

Edited by basil1
typo

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone

We are going to cruise Asia next year. After reading the post where the lady had her laptop and watch stolen from her room and seeing where several people say they do not take expensive jewelry with them at all... I was just wondering if you wear your wedding rings when cruising? If you do, do you wear them on shore excursions also? The sentimental value of my ring makes it irreplaceable but when I don't have it on I feel undressed. I would hate to leave it at home but.....

Thanks for your experiences!

I never got an engagement ring but my wedding ring has diamonds all around...My Grandmothers gold wedding band was willed to me.. I had her ring cut in half by one of our very special jewelers in the area & they made a design on both half's & soldered it onto my own diamond wedding band... My wedding band is irreplaceable...On our 20th Anniversary my Husband decided I should have an engagement ring to match my band..

BTW I worked for an International Airline & on one of our fam. trips to RIO, our Tour Conductor asked me to remove my rings & put them in a safe place.. Since then, I've worn fake rings purchased at a big box store, while we are in many ports but on the ship I always wear the originals..

I keep my rings & also my good jewelry in our cabin safe when I'm not wearing them..

I always wear my wedding rings!

To take expensive jewelry when you can play it safe and wear some great costume jewelry is taking a risk. Now why would someone take any expensive piece or anything of value and not lock it in a safe is absurd. Money....wallets...passports.....jewels.....watches....cameras....phones.....don't be ignorant and lock up!!:rolleyes:

Keith, which ports do you perceive as most dangerous to Females? Keith is a world traveler. listen to him. Danger is not on ship but in many ports. A thief needs a jewelers glass thing to tell your cubic Z from a diamond. I agree about wearing sports watches also.

I'm not married, or engaged, but I do have rings that I wear every day. I've never been on a cruise, but if I went on one, I would bring mine and wear them. If going onshore I would put them in a bag in the safe. I always wear mine when I travel, I feel like I'm missing something without my rings on.