Best specialty restaurant on Sun?

stilley9

The answers to your question would be very subjective, but I will try:

In my opinion Le Bistro is the best on the Sun, but the Italian restaurant has the best location (all tables have a sea view). That is why on the Sun the "VIP" breakfast and lunch is not served in Cagney's like on other ships but in the Italian restaurant.... ;) I have tried the Italian restaurant on 7 different NCL ships, and none of them were as good as the food at Il Adagio on the Sun (that was in July 2012 and January 2013 - so hopefully that is still the case).

For us it was Cagney's (East Meets West) and La Cucina (Il Adagio).

We tried all but Le Bistro on our recent Sun cruise. They were all good, in fact we went for sushi at Ginza 4 times but Cagneys and La Cucina were our favourites.

My faves in order:

1. Le Bistro - the mushroom soup and duck. Nice atmosphere. We ate in a charming little gazebo table.

2, il Adagio. (Now La Cucina). Atmosphere, ambience, etc. I dine here for breakfast and lunch as a suite cruiser but don't miss the sunset view as all tables and booths have it. My choice for dinner is lamb shanks.

3. Moderno. Another great ambience venue. Wish meats were not so salty but reat salad bar, sides and dessert even it out. Best choices for me were steak and chicken.

4. Trpenyaki. I spend extra for all lobster with just butter no soy sauce and forgo the rice for extra veggies. Always enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For us it is Il Adagios unless they have changed the menu if it has been renamed. Not only does it have the fantastic view, it has great food. A close runner up would be Le Bistro, always near the top of our list and then again, if you are a meat lover, you might prefer Modernos. They have a wonderful, exciting salad bar and the Brazilian Steak house idea is fun and yummy!! We enjoyed it more on the Sun than on the Dawn.