When does Traditional Dining become Anytime?

Faircliff

When does Traditonal Dining become Anytime? We will be on the Grand Princess in September (roundtrip from Vancouver) with an overnight stay in San Francisco. Is it likely – on a Princess cruise – as on some other lines I have been on, that Traditional Dining will become Anytime for the overnight stay night?

On one of our recent cruises our waiter told us that the next night would be anytime dining--but then he told us that our table would be held for us at our regular time. We assured him that we'd be there on time, and he was there waiting for us with a big smile.

Edited by FritzG

Generally they convert traditional to anytime when the ship stays late in a Port.I would plan on this happening.

This usually happens when a ship is sailing late in the evening. I am not sure it will happen every time the ship is there for the entire night.

Everything the posters stated is correct, but I would ask your waiter or head waiter the night before for advice depending on your own plans for the evening.

The Patter will also have that evening's dining rooms' schedules.

Thank you for your suggestions and information. I know the Patter will have information, but I do like to plan in advance. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app