Everyones got an opinion,...

ragen

I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion however majority of her complaints I don't think had anything to do with carnival

Crying babies, bad weather, not liking a port??

Fair enough if it smelt bad...

I think every holiday is what you make of it, it is who you are travelling with and your attitude.

I can't believe i wasted 4 minutes of my day watching that. She gave virtually no insight as to why she disliked Carnival. For me, ill be happy that the next time i get on a Carnival cruise i wont have to worry about someone that narrow minded will be on the ship!

I can't believe i wasted 4 minutes of my day watching that. She gave virtually no insight as to why she disliked Carnival. For me, ill be happy that the next time i get on a Carnival cruise i wont have to worry about someone that narrow minded will be on the ship!

Agreed!! I am sailing on the Fascination for the second time in March and I can't wait!!

Hey, wait a minute. Give her some credit. She had been doing several weekends of research and she still picked, like... the worst cruise line, like... the worst ship, with like....the worst itinerary and had like.... the worst time.

She really sounds like a really smart girl, like..ya know, just had like...a bad experience.

She's got me scared about going on my next cruise with carnival. Like......NOT!

Edited by HawkIVette

While there may be some grain of truth in a few of her comments, I suspect that a good portion of her comments are very exaggerated. "Pee smell" everywhere? Sorry. I don't buy it. "Wrangling Wal-Mart shoppers from the deepest pits of rural Kentucky, the Carolinas, Alabama, and Georgia." ? Wow. Sounds like a snooty, biased spoiled brat to me. And did you notice that many of the comments posted about her video were from people that had never been on Carnival (or on a cruise at all) and had false impressions about the entire cruise line? Granted, Nassau is not in my list of top five places to see, but there are other excursions besides Atlantis, and certainly don't cost $150.00 to go to a beach. Did she do ANY research at all on excursions? Seriously doubtful. The weather at HMC was not good and they couldn't disembark. Yeah, that's a bummer, but I don't know of any cruise line that has the ability to control the weather. We've had a port stop cancelled on one of our cruises because of bad weather and ended up with an extra sea day. Disappointing, but stuff happens. Instead of staying in our cabin whining and complaining, we found other activities on the ship to do and tried to make the best of it. I hope that "Grace" (or whatever her name is) grows up some day into a mature, less snooty, less biased, more open-minded person.

Most of her problems are "cruise" problems. Meaning, they are general problems that could occur on any cruiseline. I warn my new cruising friends about this all the time. Don't judge the cruiselline based on "general" problems.

EX: Weather or bad neighbors

Judge the line on what it provides that others might not.

EX: A more physical person probably would prefer RC ships b/c they can surf, rock climb and zip line on the ship. Where Carnival doesn't have as many "active" places on the ship or at least on a majority of ships.

Well, after watching that video, she was so persuasive and had so much logic and facts to back up her stance, I decided to check out some other of her videos on her channel. I must say that I am now informed that Pintrest is built on a foundation of lies only to set out to make us feel inferior. Boy is my wife going to be pissed off and crushed when I tell her. I mean Grace, the individual in the video, has had a lot of experience in testing out things on Pintrest that did not work out in her favor, I mean, she almost set herself on fire one time attempting something...

I hear ya. I only spent two minutes and want that time back. I'm sure mommy and daddy could have sent her on a cruise that was more of her valley girl style:rolleyes:

She hit the nail on the head with so many things she said! Adjoining room, with kids. Where are the parents? How many time do you need to ask your next door neighbor to quite down? I had a very similar experience. The cleanliness of the ship. Also noticed on my very last Carnival cruise. They just don't clean the way they once did. Loved the WalMart comments. I though I was on Black Friday at a Walmart with the shouting, and pushing I witnessed at one of their famous weekly sales. Flashing Chicks in the hallway, falling down drunk people. Yup, I saw it. Just today, on this very same Carnival Board, someone wanted to know what the "drinking culture" is like on the ships. I'm not a drunk, but I will have a drink in my hand all day? What does not mean?

I found it refreshing that a young person, can notice and see these things. Now if there weren't so many cheerleaders, and more like her, to spread the word, than maybe Carnival will wake up.

The only valid complaint she may have had was about the pee smell, and I doubt that one very much. She was probably just looking for trouble by then. Noisy neighbors, atlantis charges, rough seas, none of these could be controlled by Carnival. Could happen on any other cruise line.

Cruising isn't for everyone, and not everyone is going to like it. I have plenty of friends who completely dislike cruising, and I would never judge them for it. Definitely not for everyone.

Sounds like she was on the Fascination.

Its always funny to me when people choose one of the cheapest, oldest, smallest ships and then say how much they hate it. You get what you pay for.

I don't feel the older ships are the best representation of Carnival currently, especially for people who have never cruised before.

I love how "high-class" people will pick a cabin on the oldest ship for a 5-day cruise and then act surprised when it's not "classy".

If you want a higher end experience...STOP PAYING 199.00 DOLLARS for an room for five days that includes a freakin' steak dinner every night and then whine about how "cheap" it was!!! Knucklehead. If you book it because it's cheap, it's pretty tough to complain when it IS cheap.

Carnival can't control the weather or the fact that she lied when she said she did research. If she had, she'd have known Atlantis isn't free and that she was in a connecting room.

Edited by Kristi Williamson

She hit the nail on the head with so many things she said! Adjoining room, with kids. Where are the parents? How many time do you need to ask your next door neighbor to quite down? I had a very similar experience. The cleanliness of the ship. Also noticed on my very last Carnival cruise. They just don't clean the way they once did. Loved the WalMart comments. I though I was on Black Friday at a Walmart with the shouting, and pushing I witnessed at one of their famous weekly sales. Flashing Chicks in the hallway, falling down drunk people. Yup, I saw it. Just today, on this very same Carnival Board, someone wanted to know what the "drinking culture" is like on the ships. I'm not a drunk, but I will have a drink in my hand all day? What does not mean?

I found it refreshing that a young person, can notice and see these things. Now if there weren't so many cheerleaders, and more like her, to spread the word, than maybe Carnival will wake up.

Although I've enjoyed our cruises on Carnival, I'm not a Carnival cheerleader. Certainly Carnival has some shortcomings, but no cruise line is 100% perfect 100% of the time. Her comments were not "refreshing". She came across as a self-indulgent spoiled brat. If you wish to take the time, look at some of her other videos posted on Youtube. If someone has constructive criticism based on actual facts, about ANY cruise line, that's easy to deal with. Her comments, for the most part, were based on prejudice and fantasy, and I can't see how anyone over the age of 21 would take her seriously.

She came across as a self-indulgent spoiled brat.

She did come across as a self indulgent spoiled brat, but IMHO, if you remove the attitude and the way she delivered the message, she did have some valid points. When she started by saying that she had taken a 5 night cruise out of Jacksonville, I told myself "oh boy, I know where this is going".

And it did. I wasn't surprised by what she said, although I didn't agree with the immature way that she said these things. Several of her negative observations where similar to what I experienced when I sailed from Jacksonville.

And I do believe it when she said that she had read reviews saying that it would be a wonderful experience and it all turned out to be lies. The way that some people review the Fascination, you'd think that you're about to sail on a Queen's Grill Suite aboard the Queen Mary 2!

People may love the Fascination because she's the local girl, delivering convenience at low prices, but let's be honest. She's an old, small, budget ship, sailing on cheap, short cruises to the Bahamas. Nothing wrong with that, but let's be objective here.

Edited by Tapi

While everyone is entitled to an opinion, I have trouble sympathizing with a person suffering first world problems. First of all, nine times out of ten, the crazy wal-mart references are NOT in southern states. That was an ugly generalization and as previously mentioned, only one of her complaints is even valid. I wonder if she feels better about her life because she has 18,000 subscribers. Now, if you'll excuse me, somehow, the fact that I watched this video is Carnival's fault. Allow me to attempt to get reimbursed for four minutes of my life I'll never get back.

She did come across as a self indulgent spoiled brat, but IMHO, if you remove the attitude and the way she delivered the message, she did have some valid points. When she started by saying that she had taken a 5 night cruise out of Jacksonville, I told myself "oh boy, I know where this is going".

And it did. I wasn't surprised by what she said, although I didn't agree with the immature way that she said these things. Several of her negative observations where similar to what I experienced when I sailed from Jacksonville.

And I do believe it when she said that she had read reviews saying that it would be a wonderful experience and it all turned out to be lies. The way that some people review the Fascination, you'd think that you're about to sail on a Queen's Grill Suite aboard the Queen Mary 2!

People may love the Fascination because she's the local girl, delivering convenience at low prices, but let's be honest. She's an old, small, budget ship, sailing on cheap, short cruises to the Bahamas. Nothing wrong with that, but let's be objective here.

I think I would be more objective if she hadn't lead in with "...after doing TONS of research..." and then griping about having a connecting cabin, being surprised that Atlantis isn't free and OMG it's an old, small ship. Research would have told her all of those things in about 10 minutes flat.

I COMPLETELY agree with this. I'm always quite startled when I see someone declare the Fantasy or the Fascination their favorite ship. They call it "amazing" "spectacular" "the best" and a bunch of other terms that make me cringe.

A first time cruiser will really have a tough time here, especially if they are choosing and older smaller ship due to its price, because the raves don't match up to the product IMO.

Breeze is the only Carnival ship I would sail and the only one I feel even slightly comfortable in recommending.