What would you change

beverly_kaye

[quote name='NLH Arizona']Wow, some great suggestions for changes, but I wonder how much more people would be willing to pay for these changes. It seems as though many want the best of the best at a really cheap fares. Everything comes with a price.[/QUOTE]

Been wondering the same thing. (nice to see you back - how was Sin City?)

[quote name='Happy Cruiser 6143'][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]If you don't want to worry about your drink bill at the end, buy a drink package. Some of us would rather NOT pay $300-$400 more for a cruise to subsidize drink bills. I like the present system where things are available a la carte and people can purchase what has value to them and skip the things that don't have value to them.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I basically drink water or iced tea, other than one cup of coffee a day. No booze, no soda. Changing fares to include all drinks at a higher price would be one major deal breaker for me and likely for those in the same boat.

There is not much incentive for me to be Elite Plus if the internet minutes is 200.
If they change to 400 minutes I may plan to cruise more to reach Elite Plus.
Never ever think I can be Zenith in my life time. Edited by iSailor

• 6 months later...
I tried the NCL Jewel this week. NCL is not for me! My tag line for the week was "It's not Celebrity" (and I managed to say it in my head more than outloud). The one thing I did like is one of the specialty restaurants is near the buffet. During breakfast and lunch when the buffet is busy, the specialty restaurant is open for extra seating around the buffet. Since Celebrity has ordered 2 new ships, maybe there could be more seating near the buffet? I even like to sit outdoors when I eat so additional seating outdoors near the buffet would do. The buffet was sort of open to the pool so you could walk to the pool with a plate of food and it would still be reasonably warm when you found an open table. Looking forward to my next Celebrity Cruise! The NCL experience did make me appreciate more the service, food quality, décor and entertainment on the Celebrity ships.

[quote name='Happy Cruiser 6143'][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]If you don't want to worry about your drink bill at the end, buy a drink package. Some of us would rather NOT pay $300-$400 more for a cruise to subsidize drink bills. I like the present system where things are available a la carte and people can purchase what has value to them and skip the things that don't have value to them.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I completely agree with that. We don't drink anywhere near $200-$300 each per cruise. I don't want to subsidize someone else's bar bill.

Add a little extra to the cruise fare to include gratuities for everyone - that would be fine.

Just came off 14 days on the Eclipse (a great cruise) and will repeat our suggestion (posted several times in the past). Celebrity needs to make some small improvements in the Lido Buffet. One area that is sad (when compared to HAL and many other lines) is the sandwich bar (at lunch). Celebrity only has some mystery meats and usually lacks items like corned beef, pastrami, salami, etc. Ask for a BLT and they will not usually have bacon. Ask for a corned beef on rye and they will not have the corned beef. Ask for Roast Beef and most of the time they will not have roast beef. Yes, they do have chicken salad (with too much mayonnaise) and tuna that we assume did not come out of a cat food can :).

On a positive side, we were really impressed at how Celebrity has improved their Pizza. We now think its the 2nd best pizza at sea (1st prize goes to Princess).

Hank

[quote name='Hlitner']On a positive side, we were really impressed at how Celebrity has improved their Pizza. We now think its the 2nd best pizza at sea (1st prize goes to Princess).
Hank[/QUOTE]
We just came off of the Eclipse, too. However, we thought the pizza was poor. Very soggy crust! Very little on it. This just shows how opinions differ and food is very subjective. I do agree tht the sand-witch bar was also poor with their options.

[quote name='Champagne Cruiser']A website that WORKS! Why can't you just adapt the RCCL website. You are the same company and theirs works perfectly. I spent an aggravating hour on the website this morning looking at Bermuda cruises. Why does it say "offer" and then when you choose it there is no offer? Or when you look at a price and then choose it is $1000 more? Really?? At least go borrow some RCCL IT folks. I really think you are losing customers with your website.[/QUOTE]

This gave me a good chuckle. Their's is just as horrid. lol.. One thing I do miss is when you look at an itinerary, why are there no hyperlinks to a page about the port?