Ladies attire on formal nights

texas bound

Well it will be our first cruise in November on the Eclipse and I am really looking forward to getting dressed up...I hope I won't be the odd one out I would hate that, I have a couple of long dresses not too sparkly and some nice cocktail type dresses and a jumpsuit, can't wait x

Take a look if you can at my pic in post #8.

Well it will be our first cruise in November on the Eclipse and I am really looking forward to getting dressed up...I hope I won't be the odd one out I would hate that, I have a couple of long dresses not too sparkly and some nice cocktail type dresses and a jumpsuit, can't wait x

You will be fine! Have a wonderful sailing!

I don't know what the overall statistics are, but I always wear a tux on formal nights. I enjoy the elegance of those evenings. Lady Kathryn and I are always dancing on those nights and it is more special this way. Lady Kathryn always wears long formals and to say that she looks spectacular would be an understatement. Just imagine a tall, slender, gorgeous, platinum blonde who is especially elegant and graceful on the dance floor.

I actually take 2 different tuxes on 7 night cruises and feel honored just to be able to hang out with a woman like my DW on formal nights.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

I love that!!My DH bought a tux before our Caribbean cruise this Feb. You just have to love a man in a tux and a man who wants to put on the tux!We were some of the best dressed and enjoyed every minute:)

Changing gender....on formal night, how many guys are in tuxes???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used to bring Tux and Dinner Jacket, now just dinner jacket (at least in the Caribbean)

See Avatar

Ken

Edited by kenevenpar

Depends on the itinerary. Transatlantic could be as many as 30%. Five night cruises could be as few as 10%. Nearly every man will be wearing a jacket. There will always be a few who just refuse to follow the dress code, but not many

Many more men than "a few" were without jackets in the MDR on formal nights on my March Summit cruise.