Transportation from SEA to downtown hotel

sctexan

Obviously there are many ways to get to downtown Seattle from the airport. We will be coming in from a 5 hour flight.

Should we just take a shuttle? If so, what company is recommended? Or is public transport really easy to manage with luggage and an 8 year old?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Obviously there are many ways to get to downtown Seattle from the airport. We will be coming in from a 5 hour flight.

Should we just take a shuttle? If so, what company is recommended? Or is public transport really easy to manage with luggage and an 8 year old?

I think you answered your own question.

Take a taxi or limo rather than pay per person shuttle charges (with multiple stops).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A taxi to downtown is about $40. Eastsideforhire.com is $30

Seattle Express and Shuttle Express run a shuttle to specific hotels, but if there are more than 2 of you, a taxi is about the same price as 3 transfers.

Light Rail is $3 for a 40 minute ride to Westlake Center. A good option IF you can easily manage your luggage. There is walking involved at both ends. It's an 8-10 minute walk thru the SeaTac parking garage to the Station. And depending on where you stay in Seattle you will have to walk again from Westlake at 4th and Pike.

Light Rail is $3 for a 40 minute ride to Westlake Center. A good option IF you can easily manage your luggage. There is walking involved at both ends. It's an 8-10 minute walk thru the SeaTac parking garage to the Station. And depending on where you stay in Seattle you will have to walk again from Westlake at 4th and Pike.

Just a quick comment regarding the Seattle light rail -- if you take the light rail from the SEATAC to the Westlake station, unless you are staying at a hotel such as the Mayflower Park you may find yourself taking a taxi from Westlake to the hotel.

Just a quick comment regarding the Seattle light rail -- if you take the light rail from the SEATAC to the Westlake station, unless you are staying at a hotel such as the Mayflower Park you may find yourself taking a taxi from Westlake to the hotel.

We are staying at the Fairmont Olympic. I know there is a light rail station near there but how far is the walk from there to the hotel?

when you get off the train, the overhead signs will show exits for 3rd and 5th Ave. Choose the exit to 5th, walk 4 blocks to your hotel.

I've used Light Rail from SeaTac a few times, but I travel light ...one wheeled suitcase and a shoulder tote. As I said previously, you need to be able to manage your luggage easily since there is several minutes of walking involved at each end.

We will be staying at the Crowne Plaza, and we plan on taking the Light Rail from the airport downtown. Do you know how far we will have to walk to the hotel? Do you recommend we take a taxi from West Lake?

The map on your hotel web site shows the location of Westlake Center. It's near the Fairmont O so follow the same directions. Taxis are generally parked at hotels so if you don't come across one outside Westlake, walk to a hotel.

We are staying at the Fairmont Olympic. I know there is a light rail station near there but how far is the walk from there to the hotel?

From the light rail University St Station the Fairmont is one fairly steep block away.

shuttleexpress.com

runs the downtown airporter which would take you directly to Crown Plaza and Olympic Hotel. No hassle at all. I believe its $18 pp. Really simple and quick. I agree however that if you have more than 2 taking an onsite limo from seatac for $45 would be a better idea.

From the light rail University St Station the Fairmont is one fairly steep block away.

+1

No need to go all the way to Westlake. The University St Station is at 3rd & University, just one block west of the the Fairmont.