First cruise on Pacific Princess. ? coffee ?

bigenna

Very excited to be going on our first small ship cruise and experiencing all the differences. However, DH's first question - is there an IC, followed by, what about my coffee? He loves using his coffee card to get especially good brewed coffee, and the occasional latte, etc.

So my question is - is there any other venue that provides this service on Pacific Princess. I tried to find out on the website but could not find that info, so I thought I would go to the experts ... Those of you who have sailed this ship.

There is not an IC but you can use your coffee card at 2 venues - the bar in the buffet area and the bar just outside the dining room. We love the small ship but do miss the IC. Thank goodness I can still get my brewed coffee:)

Oh good, my husband will be happy to hear that.

I think I remember seeing somewhere that there is a Patisserie on the ship too. I am wondering if it is something like a mini IC?

Thank you. And are the buffet hours quite extensive like on the larger ships?

(Open early a.m. Until late at night?

Also do you know if there is a pool deck grill and what is served there and hours?

There is a grill (same foods as larger ships) and place to get pizza on deck. The buffet is open open from early morning til late night.

Pizza is not on deck on this ship. It is at a counter window in the buffet area.

The same counter window is used to order omelets at breakfast time.

The grill is just outside the buffet area on the starboard side.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,,,,

Coffee - check!

Food - check!

Booked on Pacific Princess - check!

Now just one month until sail away.

We really enjoyed the coffee, food and service on Pacific. Great Ship.:D

Pizza is not on deck on this ship. It is at a counter window in the buffet area.

The same counter window is used to order omelets at breakfast time.

Thanks for reminding me! I remembered the pizza, but I forgot about the omelets. Something else to jot down in my brain for my PP cruise.

BTW, whatever you get, coffee, Pizza, eggs, take it out to the aft deck where they have tables and beautiful views.

We are also going to Alaska on the Pacific Princess. Does anyone know what nights are formal nights and is it true dress codes for dining room are less formal for Alaska cruises

Edited by debazar

Coffee - check!

Food - check!

I hope you enjoy that lovely ship as much as we do. If you are a reader be sure you get to the library.

IMO, one of the nicest things to do on the Pacific is enjoy your buffet food or beverage seated at one of the tables in the outdoor area to the aft of the buffet. The aft views are so pleasant. There are roll out awnings for protection from the sun, and I suppose light rain too.

I kind of remember that the buffet hours were limited at night. I seem to remember when the Bistro opened that the buffet was cleaned up and there were only a very few selections late night. I think I saw salad, cookies a few desserts but no hot dishes. I think this was after the 10 o'oclock hour.

"We are also going to Alaska on the Pacific Princess. Does anyone know what nights are formal nights and is it true dress codes for dining room are less formal for Alaska cruises."

On the 7 night Alaska cruise there are two Formal nights: the second night onboard and the second-to-last night.

I found it a bit more casual in terms of formal wear on this Alaska cruise and also on the smart-casual evenings.

Cheers.

"We are also going to Alaska on the Pacific Princess. Does anyone know what nights are formal nights and is it true dress codes for dining room are less formal for Alaska cruises."

I found it a bit more casual in terms of formal wear on this Alaska cruise and also on the smart-casual evenings.

Not the Pacific, but here is a photo of passengers outside the dining room on a Princess formal night in Alaska.

980911680912WaitingtoenterProvenceDRonformalnightDSC01219_zpsa899c03a.jpg

IMO, one of the nicest things to do on the Pacific is enjoy your buffet food or beverage seated at one of the tables in the outdoor area to the aft of the buffet. The aft views are so pleasant. There are roll out awnings for protection from the sun, and I suppose light rain too.

This was my favorite spot on our 51 day cruise. I am an early riser and I would go up and watch the sun rise. The bar for coffee and the omelet station didn't open until 6, only continental buffet, but I would have a cup of tea with a pastry, then at 6 go order my omelet and get my coffee while omelet was cooking. There were about a dozen of us who were serious early birds on the sea days.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The bar just outside the dining room is a great place for late night bedtime hot chocolate. So few people use it at that time that the guys were always so glad to see us.

810 days at sea....39 ships.....7 continents

Princess ELITE.......... HAL 4*

Coffee - check!

Food - check!

We also will be sailing on the Pacific Princess next year and will have a small-ship experience for the first time, after 30+ Princess cruises. Please post your thoughts, or photos, a review, whatever you can, as we'll be eager to hear the differences and your opinions. Thanks and have a wonderful time! :)