lawn cabanas on the Celebrity Reflection

d1cso4

We are going on the Reflection on November 29th 2014 and during the two sea days back we were thinking of renting a Lawn Club Cabana. Has anyone rented one of these cabanas ? Plus what did you think ?..worth the money ?

Thanks,

Roger

Hello,

We rented one of the cabanas on our last Reflection Cruise in December. We weren't very impressed. The services that they promised were non-existent (e.g., no iPad offered, and we NEVER saw the attendant after he showed us to our cabana in the morning). If you are looking for a quiet place to relax outside, then it does provide for that (especially on a sea day when the decks are busy). I just don't think it was worth the extra money. We won't be doing it again.

Hope that helps!

Hello,

We rented one of the cabanas on our last Reflection Cruise in December. We weren't very impressed. The services that they promised were non-existent (e.g., no iPad offered, and we NEVER saw the attendant after he showed us to our cabana in the morning). If you are looking for a quiet place to relax outside, then it does provide for that (especially on a sea day when the decks are busy). I just don't think it was worth the extra money. We won't be doing it again.

Hope that helps!

We heard from two dif couples...dif sailings...dec and jan. One couple absolutely loved it and the other said the same as you.

Hello KW Cruisers,

Thank you for the reponse..along with 20pluscruises..i am a person if they what they posted in a sale ..i am going to get it or they will give me my money back. The iPad is not such a big deal as i have my own with movies, games and music, but the attendant needs to be on point...hate to waste $149..

We were just on the reflection in the Eastern Med. We did not rent a cabana, so I cannot say much, other than to add that there were plenty of nice places to hang out on this ship, so I would not rent one unless you really just want one. No need to worry about having another nice place to hang.

If shade is at all important to you, remember that sometimes, due to wind conditions, they are unable to put the awnings up. So you would be in full sun. I have heard others complain that if it rained the night before the cushions were wet and they did not have others. I agree that Reflection has lots of places you could hang out without renting one.

We were on the Reflection last Nov and could not get one as they were all sold for the sailing. That said we did stop and chat with 2 different people from our Roll Call that had one, they both loved their day and said they would rent one again.

Try a search, a few threads about them, seems to be a 50/50 - love em or hate em.

As Helen said, there were plenty of other spots to kick back for us too.

Hello KW Cruisers,

Thank you for the reponse..along with 20pluscruises..i am a person if they what they posted in a sale ..i am going to get it or they will give me my money back. The iPad is not such a big deal as i have my own with movies, games and music, but the attendant needs to be on point...hate to waste $149..

I think that was pretty much the second couples complaint...no service / items missing. The first couple had all the bells and whistles and loved it.

We have rented an alcove twice and love it. To get service you use the phone on the wall of the alcove and order what you want. When you want the cheese and fruit platter that comes with the rental just call and ask.

Both times we had an alcove the servers came by occasionally to check on us, and later in the afternoon when the pool butlers were offering icy cold hand towels they came by the Alcoves as well. Bottled water is also supplied.

My tip for this, as anywhere else on ship, is if you don't receive what you expect, just politely ask.

We are going on the Reflection on November 29th 2014 and during the two sea days back we were thinking of renting a Lawn Club Cabana. Has anyone rented one of these cabanas ? Plus what did you think ?..worth the money ?

Thanks,

Roger

We did a Reflection cruise in March and we loved the Cabana's. WE booked them for 2 days and wish we did it for a third. What we learned was after they set you up in your cabana and you wanted anything you had to pick up the phone in the cabana and call. (There is no one walking around like near the pool selling drinks) Within a couple of minutes your attendant was there. I think the attendants also work in the Lawn Club and during the afternoon they prep it for the evening. If you are interested in the Cabana I suggest you book it pre-cruise or once you get on the ship at the latest. We found they book fast.

On our eastern Caribbean cruise in April we rented one for three days and absolutely loved it. Our butler was only a call away for any request we had. He always granted our request to open the shade cover when we felt as though we had enough sun. We loved the idea of the seclusion it offered. It was enjoyable walking around in the grass. On the first day it was raining at 9 am when we arrived and the butler told us that if it continued for much longer he would be happy to refund our money. It stopped shortly thereafter and he hurried to dry everything off and cover the wet cushions with towels. We had the fortune of renting on the evening of the lawn jazz concert. We were able to order from The Porch next door and have it delivered. We were given fresh ice and water upon request every day, sometimes multiple times as needed. We were also given fruit and cheese platters at the time of our choosing. By the time we boarded all sea day rentals were completely full with openings only left for port days. We will definitely rent again when sailing on Reflection.

We sailed on Reflection last year and opted to dine at the Lawn Club when it opened for Lunch on one of the sea days.

What struck me about the cabana area to include the grass area, which the Lawn Club overlooks, was that it was used by all. The sun was shining and whilst one or two cabana's had been hired the grass area immediately in front of the cabana's was being used for sunbathing. I have no issue with those that chose to do this, why shouldn't they. I don't think the cabana are any special, IMO, others may disagree.

we booked the alcoves for the sea days on the 2/8 sailing. It was perfect for us. You are supposed to limit the number of folks to 4, but they will allow varios folks to come and join you during the day. We booked the entire week for our upcoming 11/8 western Caribbean cruise. As mentioned in the thread, they are not for everyone. We like to totally relax and not have to "find" an area to relax on sea days especially.had great service all 3 days from the attendants.

forgot to answer the question of when you can book. Call the speciality dining number on the web and state you want to rent the alcove. They can be booked anytime ahead or on the cruise if any are left. They were sold out on our last trip.

We rented for three days on a caribbean cruise and wish we had rented for the whole week. We had been to all the ports multiple times and made this trip a ship trip (never leaving the ship). Its was purely a relaxing vacation for us.

We thoroughly enjoyed having our own space.

We got to know the staff who served our alcove, and they were fabulous. We had one day that for 1/2 the day the top had to be open, and still we were able to find shade in our alcove by moving the furniture around.

Here are some photos

Lunch served in our alcove from the porch!

12520968114_d9ab519682_z_d.jpg

Cheese and fruit tray

12520980294_b4d98240f3_z_d.jpg

Looking out at the lawn

12520621103_122d37267a_z_d.jpg

Our home away from home

12521009934_ddd38a0b26_z_d.jpg

Hi, does anyone know how a drinks package works in the alcoves - can I get a waiter to deliver drinks (via the phone?). Not a big problem if I have to walk a couple of yards ;)

Edited by simoncha

Thanks,

Roger

Definately yes! We rented in January and March on the Silhouette. We loved them. Great service, very comfortable plush seating. The butler brought us drinks and lunch from the lawn grill. We did have the unlimited drink package as well as the unlimited speciality restaurant package, so we didn't pay additional for these treats. At the end of each day, we gave a tip to the butler/waiter.

As per another poster, they did bring us fruit platters and bottled water which is included in the cost of the rental. If you rent for three or more days, you will get a discount- but you have to ask for it!

Enjoy.

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 2 months later...

Can anyone please tell me how long is the alcove rental is for? I thought I saw that it was two hours, which seems pricey and could be awkward when time runs out.

Edited by asmith19
incomplete sentence