Fun Shops ... Bon Voyage

305diva

FYI ... You can now purchase a full case of Nestle purified water directly from Carnival. The 24 bottle pack that u would normally pay $5 for on land will only cost u $21.50 onboard. OR u can get a 12 pack for $13. :eek::eek::eek:

Stay thirsty my friends. :cool:

FYI ... You can now purchase a full case of Nestle purified water directly from Carnival. The 24 bottle pack that u would normally pay $5 for on land will only cost u $21.50 onboard. OR u can get a 12 pack for $13. :eek::eek::eek:

Stay thirsty my friends. :cool:

Wow! Obviously they don't expect to see that much with that type of cost. And, in my area, I can get the same water for only $3! I will keep lugging on my own water.

Why do they do this? If they made it more affordable (like they need to do to Bon Voyage Liquor), then I would certainly pay them to not carry it on. I would pay twice as much, but not with the mark up they are doing.

Maybe I am one of the crazy ones, but I would pay it. Yes, the markup is high. However, I would pay for the convenience of having it in my stateroom versus having to worry about flying in, making a taxi stop at a store to purchase it (while the meter runs), and then dragging it all over the embarkation port , on to the ship, and around the ship until I can access my stateroom.

Maybe I am one of the crazy ones, but I would pay it. Yes, the markup is high. However, I would pay for the convenience of having it in my stateroom versus having to worry about flying in, making a taxi stop at a store to purchase it (while the meter runs), and then dragging it all over the embarkation port , on to the ship, and around the ship until I can access my stateroom.

Glad u found this info useful. I am a bit of a water snob... and Nestle is one of the types I like.

Wow! Obviously they don't expect to see that much with that type of cost. And, in my area, I can get the same water for only $3! I will keep lugging on my own water.

Why do they do this? If they made it more affordable (like they need to do to Bon Voyage Liquor), then I would certainly pay them to not carry it on. I would pay twice as much, but not with the mark up they are doing.

Another reason why living in a port city is so great! My mom always brings a case of water and soda in a rolling bag. Not sure if we would trouble ourselves if we were flying in town for a cruise.

Guilty here too! I'd rather pay then lug it on!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Or you could drink Carnival purified water out of the tap for free... same or better then

Nestle purified water out of the tap from somewhere.

Have to disagree with you on this one. The only ship I have been on so far that the water tasted good was the Sunshine. All others tasted like seaweed and was disgusting.

I think it's a good deal.

When you're paying $2 a bottle for convenience onboard, prepurchasing them for less than $1 each is a savings. Same as the soda. You can order 12 cans for $10.

I plan to purchase a 24 package of water and probably 12 coke zero, 12 diet coke and 12 sprite zero for us on our 14 night pride cruise.

This way we'll be able to bring onboard some more unique non-alcoholic beverages that you can't get onboard (diet raspberry soda, diet mountain dew, etc).

I'd rather pre-buy the soda and water than pay for a soda card (at least this way, I always have a fresh can and not the dregs of someone elses already opened, very warm can of soda).

I think it's a good deal.

When you're paying $2 a bottle for convenience onboard, prepurchasing them for less than $1 each is a savings. Same as the soda. You can order 12 cans for $10.

I plan to purchase a 24 package of water and probably 12 coke zero, 12 diet coke and 12 sprite zero for us on our 14 night pride cruise.

This way we'll be able to bring onboard some more unique non-alcoholic beverages that you can't get onboard (diet raspberry soda, diet mountain dew, etc).

I'd rather pre-buy the soda and water than pay for a soda card (at least this way, I always have a fresh can and not the dregs of someone elses already opened, very warm can of soda).

Great!

We also bring sodas/juices not typically available onboard. Next week I'm going to try bringing some coffee creamer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I was actually surprised that the cost wasn't more, but we'll still carryon our own most likely. We're not huge soda drinkers, but it's nice to have a few bottles around. I drink the water on the ship, but I want bottled water to take in our day packs in port.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

We have to fly in so last cruise we ordered soda and water. Made it nice having it in the room when we arrived. I like the individual bottles. I dont mind the taste of the water in the MDR, but it doesn't taste as good out of the tap in the buffet area. Don't ask me why, that's just what I have found.

It wouldn't matter to me how I was getting to port, there is no way I would ever pay that for a case of water!

We drive from South Dakota to New Orleans, so I'll continue picking water up for $1.99 a case on sale and toss it in a rolling duffle bag. It's really not an inconvenience to me compared to that outrageous price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that would buy the water onboard. Have enough luggage as it is. ;) If we preorder the water, should we bring a small collapsible cooler so that we have chilled bottles for excursions? I also noticed that they have a cooler/water (or soda) package available that seems like a pretty good deal.

It wouldn't matter to me how I was getting to port, there is no way I would ever pay that for a case of water!

We drive from South Dakota to New Orleans, so I'll continue picking water up for $1.99 a case on sale and toss it in a rolling duffle bag. It's really not an inconvenience to me compared to that outrageous price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We got in at midnight. Our room reservation was messed up. We didn't get to bed until 1:30. No stores near our hotel. Not at all familiar with miami. Yeah, it was a lot to pay but was nice to not have to worry about it.