Just so freaking ready!!!

hilary732

Hey DLN929: I just re-read your review (yup). So I have 5 questions you might answer. (if anyone else knows, that;s good too!)

1. Can you make reservations to the specialty restaurants for the 1st night as soon as you board, or in advance? (if we dont do it the first night, we never will eat there).

2. Are the hot tubs hot? (Silly right, but at least one line, they are not)

3. Do they do towel animals and turn down service at night? (Beyond silly, but they crack me up).

4. Anyone know the prices of internet in the room? Is it per device or per cabin?

5. I've seen photos of the ship all white, and other where the bottom is blue. Is the ship white or blue? (as if the answer matters.....But I wonder)

I have a never short supply of curiosity about these things, so I know what to expect when I hop on board.

Hey DLN929: I just re-read your review (yup). So I have 5 questions you might answer. (if anyone else knows, that;s good too!)

1. Can you make reservations to the specialty restaurants for the 1st night as soon as you board, or in advance? (if we dont do it the first night, we never will eat there).

as soon s yuo get on ar around 1 pm in the speciality resturant or in some cases now yuo can do it in Windows. ift depends i guess on ship. it was moved to Winodws on the Quest this winter.

2. Are the hot tubs hot? (Silly right, but at least one line, they are not)

not always for me. .i see them in use but some times i wish t was hotter.

3. Do they do towel animals and turn down service at night? (Beyond silly, but they crack me up).

no to the animals. yes, to turn down. not cndy but some weird cakes some night.

4. Anyone know the prices of internet in the room? Is it per device or per cabin?

can not answer this as i get my for free as only newbi pay.. most of us had soem free minutes. take your ipad or iphone and wait until port. then in msot places you can get free.

5. I've seen photos of the ship all white, and other where the bottom is blue. Is the ship white or blue? (as if the answer matters.....But I wonder)

was all white -now half and half. I prefer all white.

I have a never short supply of curiosity about these things, so I know what to expect when I hop on board.

glad to help

About #3. The room stewards will not shape your pajamas into fanciful shapes either, as I have seen on both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Your PJs will be in a straight box fold and that's it.

About #4 - Internet time is paid for per minute, with packages available. You can use your own device or one of the computers in the computer room. It makes no difference in the cost.

About #3 - No towel animals. Some nights there is delicious dark chocolate.

About #1 - There will be someone with menus for the specialty restaurants as you board. That person would be happy to make a reservation for you. The specialty restaurants tend to be less crowded the first night.

About #1 - There will be someone with menus for the specialty restaurants as you board. That person would be happy to make a reservation for you. The specialty restaurants tend to be less crowded the first night.

Sub question #1: My 25th wedding anniversary is June 18, a few days prior to sailing, so I can't really say "What can azamara do for me that will make my anniversary special", Since its not actually while we are sailing. But: Any suggestions to make the first night a bit more 'special'? My wife has put up with me for a quarter of a century, I feel like I should do something nice. I plan on eating in one of the specialty restaurants, but above/beyond that?

I fly out in 1 week from tomorrow......Excited!

Sub question #1: My 25th wedding anniversary is June 18, a few days prior to sailing, so I can't really say "What can azamara do for me that will make my anniversary special", Since its not actually while we are sailing. But: Any suggestions to make the first night a bit more 'special'? My wife has put up with me for a quarter of a century, I feel like I should do something nice. I plan on eating in one of the specialty restaurants, but above/beyond that?

Taking her on this cruise seems kind of 'special' ;)

Actually, we will be celebrating our 30th in the late fall. It's easier for me to take time off in the summer and seeing the Greek Islands was on my wife's list of dream vacations, so we are treating ourselves now.

We did the speciality dining option for our 30th which happened to be on the white night party, with cake and singing waiters, decorated room and the cruise was our present to each other. The cruise will be special enough, just make sure your TA tells everyone and you do too the moment you get onboard;) It does not have to be the first night, you could have a non official day, a special memory day from your honeymoon perhaps

Yvonne

Edited by HudandPug

How about ordering a bottle of champagne for your cabin and having it there when you walk through the door? (And just as a side note, after you've fallen for Azamara hook line and sinker and rack up enough points in the loyalty club, that bottle will automatically be in your cabin...;)).

We don't drink, so our collection of unopened bottles of celebratory champagne is quite large! :)

My wife isn't a big fan of being pointed in a crowd, so no singing happy birthday to her in public. One of her quirks that make me love her!

I was thinking about candles on the balcony for a romantic evening, though I dont think candles can compare to the moon for romance (and I am not so sure what type of wall seperate my veranda from the neighbors, so that might put a damper on too much balcony romance......:rolleyes:) Probably we will just do something special onshore.

We just bought a library filing cabinet (Like the one attached, but not that one, and about half the size) and we are going to dedicate each drawer to a certain trip, keeping small momento's and tokens we collect on the way from each country. We already have quite a few under our belt, but we figured this is a good way to keep it all organized, and also helps us keep our pictures, souvineers, collectables, and even rocks and sand we collect along the way in the right place. This trip will be allocated 3 drawers (we think) Cruise, Greece, and Turkey. Maybe two. We already have a table where we display our larger 'trophies', and a binder with our journals and trip reviews in them, so this is the last peice of the puzzle. Wish I had started it when my daughter was a bit smaller, but better late than never!

(Plus, this gives me the chance to see if I can post pictures!)

a12.jpg.8174a3ce0559afc46c7e55d500ed6330.jpg

hilary,

We celebrated our anniversay early in 2012 and had our speciality restaurant booked before we cruised and our TA informed ACC we were celebrating our anniversary and at the end of our meal, they brought a cake to our table with a candle...very nice touch. We celebrated it the night we sailed out of Giardini Naxos, which was very appropriate since DH's ancestors were from Sicily. I had planned that for him since it was always a dream of his to visit Sicily.

This time we actually have a guide booked who will do research ahead of time, pick us up from the port and take us to his Grandparents' village....unfortunately it won't be a surprise because I knew how much he wanted to see the village....it was actually an "arm twister" since I booked our cruises only a week after we had been home from our last Med cruise. Hey..."a woman has to do what a woman has to do"....:D ;) Besides that, it was a great promo and we don't normally book vacations that far in advance, so it took some talking. :p

Edited by midwestchick

You dont know my wife: The cruise is already paid for, so it doesn't count.:eek::D

What about a lovely journal so she can keep notes and mementos of her trip. My daughter gave me one as a gift for our first cruise and I reference it all the time. I am now on my second. The journal allows for thoughts on paper that don't appear in a picture.