Taxi Strike - Warning -6/11/2014

rhinomike

Warning. I'm in Barcelona. Boarding the Spirit tomorrow. There is a Taxi strike tomorrow to protest Uber. No Taxis at all tomorrow in Barcelona. The drivers also said this is in all of Europe and other parts of the world. Not sure about all that but wanted to give everyone a heads up. For sure no Taxis in Barcelona. We have been traveling for a week and I haven't watched the news. Maybe this is old news but wanted to post this just in case.

Warning. I'm in Barcelona. Boarding the Spirit tomorrow. There is a Taxi strike tomorrow to protest Uber. No Taxis at all tomorrow in Barcelona. The drivers also said this is in all of Europe and other parts of the world. Not sure about all that but wanted to give everyone a heads up. For sure no Taxis in Barcelona. We have been traveling for a week and I haven't watched the news. Maybe this is old news but wanted to post this just in case.

Oh oh, are you going to be OK getting to the pier? Hope so. Hope you're having a wonderful trip.

Happy cruising.

Is NCL offering any help or advice to you? If you're already in Barcelona, perhaps your hotel will provide you with a ride to the ship. Haven't heard anything stateside about this so it could be a local issue....no idea what "Uber" is, other than "over" in German. Other option, hiring a private car, which your hotel should be able to help you with. Good luck. Lt us know how it turns out.

Hotel staff said the taxi drivers plan on blocking all roads in and out of the Barcelona Airport. Glad we are out of the airport and in our hotel. We could walk to the terminal if needed. Good luck to those that are arriving tomorrow. I hope everything works out.

Hotel staff said the taxi drivers plan on blocking all roads in and out of the Barcelona Airport. Glad we are out of the airport and in our hotel. We could walk to the terminal if needed. Good luck to those that are arriving tomorrow. I hope everything works out.

Glad things will work out well for you and yours, enjoy your cruise.

Yes, this may very well cause huge problems for some just disembarking and I wish them good luck too.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Uber is a new web based car service that is undercutting taxis all over the world. You download the app on your smartphone. Anywhere in the world 24 hrs a day you can reserve a car to take you anywhere. It's cheaper and friendlier than local cabs.