Guess what excites me about Oasis ?

Thank you !!!!

(You have some AMAZING cruises booked !!)

You're welcome!

As you can see, I prefer the big (Breakaway), bigger (Liberty), bigger bigger (Quantum & Anthem) and THE BIGGEST (Oasis). Just waiting in Allure's Fall 2016 itineraries to be released so I can book her.

Thank you !!!!

(You have some AMAZING cruises booked !!)

Oasis is an amazing ship. Don't let one negative post on this thread make a difference. And I, too, like the free style machines as I like to drink Coke Zero. The machines just are not quite as high on my list as the Aqua Theater and the solarium cafe for breakfast.:p

Oasis is an amazing ship. Don't let one negative post on this thread make a difference. And I, too, like the free style machines as I like to drink Coke Zero. The machines just are not quite as high on my list as the Aqua Theater and the solarium cafe for breakfast.:p

Why the solarium cafe for breakfast ???

:-)

Why the solarium cafe for breakfast ???

:-)

There are some nice healthy food choices in there and it is almost empty when we go. Just avoid the turkey bacon at all costs. If you are wondering why I say that then give it a try. You will then know the answer.;)

I'm sailing on Oasis for the first time very soon. I know this is VERY SAD but guess what is exciting me ??????????????

I drink lots of soda and residing in France and the UK mostly at the moment we don't get Coke Freestyle machines either on land or on the Eu based RCI ships in Summer.

Oasis has them !!! Hooray. I've been wanting so much to use them for years now. Ha ha ha ha !!! :D :D :D

See . . . . . I said I was sad :-)

Hugging the machines is discourged. If your nervous, there are a couple of Youtube videos on how to use them.

What excites me about the Oasis? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!! Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but the ship is too big, I don't like having to make reservations to see a show months before I board (who knows how I am going to feel on that particular night 6 months ahead of time) and I really don't feel like sharing a ship with 5,000 other passengers....2,000 is enough for me! Too far to walk to get to anything...don't need a merry go round or a bar that rises and falls over a period of hours.

I want to see the ocean, feel the ocean when I am on a cruise. Don't need to feel like I am at all inclusive resort or a super mall on land when I am on the ocean. That is not cruising to me. jmho

Cool story.

sorry-sir-buzz-killington-has-crashed-our-party-thumb.jpg

Not sure if you are aware, but there is a 20 min wait time in between refills when using your souvenir cup and a freestyle machine. Just a heads up considering how excited you are about the soda [emoji41]

Oasis Class ships are out of this world! You're going to have a great time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not sure if you are aware, but there is a 20 min wait time in between refills when using your souvenir cup and a freestyle machine. Just a heads up considering how excited you are about the soda [emoji41]

Oasis Class ships are out of this world! You're going to have a great time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OMG ! I thought it was 5 minutes.

Oh well - lol

Not one of Royal Caribbean's ships carries just 2,000 passengers. You are on the wrong line and the wrong message board if this is how you feel.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I am just responding to your post.

Legend and Splendour are right around 2K at double occupancy. That minor correction aside I agree with your bluntness; RCI is not an "intimate ship" type of line and the persons negativity overall about Oasis that you responded to was uncalled for. If the OP is excited about Freestyle Coke machines MORE POWER TO THEM! Happy cruising. Everyone's got their "something" to be excited for.

OMG ! I thought it was 5 minutes.

Oh well - lol

It's been 15 minutes on the 3 ships I've seen them. Funny story, at least to me. I was on Allure in the wipeout cafe where there is only one machine. A guy walked up to the machine at the same time as I did. I politely let him go first. Oh, I always like to say he was wearing a University of Michigan Basketball shirt, I think that was a factor. Anyway, he put his cup up to the machine and it said he couldn't get a refill for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I thought he would step aside and let me fill, but nope, he put his cup back up there every 15 seconds until it let him refill. On land I would have first politely asked him to step aside, but I found his behavior odd and interesting and just watched till I could give him my patented, "You're too stupid to live" look.

I'm sailing on Oasis for the first time very soon. I know this is VERY SAD but guess what is exciting me ??????????????

I drink lots of soda and residing in France and the UK mostly at the moment we don't get Coke Freestyle machines either on land or on the Eu based RCI ships in Summer.

Oasis has them !!! Hooray. I've been wanting so much to use them for years now. Ha ha ha ha !!! :D :D :D

See . . . . . I said I was sad :-)

Enjoy the Coke Freestyle machines on Oasis. My favorite flavor is any of the Fanta choices. :D

I was on the Allure last year, it couldn't have sucked too bad since we booked the Oasis this year :-)

One note on the Coke freestyle machines. They might have addressed this, but I was looking forward to them as well because I'm trying to avoid caffeine and these are GREAT for that.

It wasn't uncommon for about 1/2 the flavors to be out. Never mine, who in their right mind drinks caffeine free diet coke. But, even though my flavor was never out, it was constantly out of whack, either too much syrup or soda etc. I'd say only about 1/4 of the times was I able to use it successfully.

This was about 10 months ago, so hopefully they have them dialed in by now, or hopefully I just had bad luck and other people have had better.

I was on the Allure last year, it couldn't have sucked too bad since we booked the Oasis this year :-)

One note on the Coke freestyle machines. They might have addressed this, but I was looking forward to them as well because I'm trying to avoid caffeine and these are GREAT for that.

It wasn't uncommon for about 1/2 the flavors to be out. Never mine, who in their right mind drinks caffeine free diet coke. But, even though my flavor was never out, it was constantly out of whack, either too much syrup or soda etc. I'd say only about 1/4 of the times was I able to use it successfully.

This was about 10 months ago, so hopefully they have them dialed in by now, or hopefully I just had bad luck and other people have had better.

The Coke Zero on Allure was working perfectly.

I am booked on the Allure in November and am also super excited for the Coke Freestyle machines! I recently cruised the Carnival Paradise (which was also my first cruise) and they only had warm cans of coke to serve over ice. I was thankful they served Coke not Pepsi, but there's nothing like that bite of a fountain Coke!

Carnival Paradise 4/2014

but I found his behavior odd and interesting and just watched till I could give him my patented, "You're too stupid to live" look.

Sometimes it's quite funny to just sit back and watch people. If you have the patience, you can go from being annoyed to laughing in seconds. I like that you found it interesting, kind of like watching a cat chase the laser pointer or a dog chasing its tail.

As someone who doesn't drink alcohol I REALLY enjoyed the freestyle machines on Freedom last summer.... I hope they rethink adding them on Adventure for our winter 2015 cruise, but it was WONDERFUL to use them. Looooove it!

The best part (as a diabetic and a Diet Coke FAN) was adding different flavours to the actual cup of DC. You can get about 8 different kinds, with vanilla or cherry and no sugar added.

You will love your time on Oasis, we did a b2b on it and loved it.

Oh and for the entitled person who wanted to bring the thread down by denouncing the ship... I hope you can see the karma in life when someone tries to rain on your parade.. shame on you!

Chass

I'm so glad that there are people out there like this who will not even consider going on the Oasis because of her reasons listed above.

It helps keep the demand and price down for those of us that appreciate and love the best ships in the world. Thanks!

Totally agree! They will never know what they are missing, but that's OK with me!

As someone who doesn't drink alcohol I REALLY enjoyed the freestyle machines on Freedom last summer.... I hope they rethink adding them on Adventure for our winter 2015 cruise, but it was WONDERFUL to use them. Looooove it!

The best part (as a diabetic and a Diet Coke FAN) was adding different flavours to the actual cup of DC. You can get about 8 different kinds, with vanilla or cherry and no sugar added.

You will love your time on Oasis, we did a b2b on it and loved it.

Oh and for the entitled person who wanted to bring the thread down by denouncing the ship... I hope you can see the karma in life when someone tries to rain on your parade.. shame on you!

Chass

I liked the last part of your post - it made me laugh :-)

I'm looking forward to being able to get potato chips at the Park Café - it really is the little things!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Next cruise: 12 Night Westbound Transatlantic on Oasis of the Seas!!

What excites me about the Oasis? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!! Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but the ship is too big, I don't like having to make reservations to see a show months before I board (who knows how I am going to feel on that particular night 6 months ahead of time) and I really don't feel like sharing a ship with 5,000 other passengers....2,000 is enough for me! Too far to walk to get to anything...don't need a merry go round or a bar that rises and falls over a period of hours.

I want to see the ocean, feel the ocean when I am on a cruise. Don't need to feel like I am at all inclusive resort or a super mall on land when I am on the ocean. That is not cruising to me. jmho

How pathetic is this? What kind of LOSER even views a thread "Guess what excites me about Oasis?", when he or she has already decided the personal answer is "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING"?

Seriously, I don't give two hoots about jewelry shopping in ports. I think it's a waste of time and money, and I can do better at home. So guess what I DON'T do? I DON'T open and poo-poo the responses in those threads!

How small minded must someone be to feel the need to dump on someone else's excitement?:confused:

We were on the Oasis the first in Jan. We weren't sure we would like it at first but ended up loving it. Booked again this Jan and taking our adult sons. The shows were amazing and we thought the food was wonderful just to name a few things. The only thing I noticed was you had to wait for the elevators a little more than usual esp. After embarking, after dinner, and shows but we are in fairly decent shape and used the stairs most of the time. My husband gets motion sickness so he takes the meds to prevent and is always feeling tired because of it. He didn't even need it on the Oasis.