Interet Rates on Breakaway

JohnIreland

Small 100 MB for $9

Medium 300 MB for $19

Large 1000 MB for $39

Are you saying these are the recent rates on the BA? Where did you get these rates?

In the past, all rates have been by the minute.

NCL site shows this

Edited by garycarla

These are the current rates, posting using them from Taste.

No more time limits and my blackberry can stay connected and only pay for the data used.

Huh. I think I might that change - can you still share the plan across devices? Of course mbs are harder to keep track of than minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by puddles99

You can share among devices. There is a track of how many mb used/left.

Curious. Are you also using the Iconcierge service?

Also, are they also offering a per minute package like they have in the past? Or only the mb?

Current rates posted on NCL site:

250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

Short Cruise (5 days and shorter) Time Package Plans:

60 minutes for $24 ($0.40 per minute)

30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)

Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

Trying to figure out which way to go should be a challenge.

Edited by garycarla

It that better or worst. Never could figure out MB thing. Knowing NCL this is most likely worst. Hope I am wrong. Like how many MB for a simple e mail like " everything ok having fun " ? Or using apple messing sending a text over the internet to another iPhone ?

Edited by jakeT

I just checked my phone bill. If I turn off push notifications for facebook and ESPN 1000 MB would be hard to get throughout in seven days. Iconcierge is used on the ship only. To check your account, make diner reservation it free. If you want to make cell phone to cell phone calls on the ship ( like the zip phone the crew uses I think it $12 a cruise per phone )

Edited by jakeT

Phone calls and Iconcierge.

NCL is vague about how this works for phone calls. I am pretty sure to do calls or texts between onboard passengers, both have to be on the $7.95 per cruise package.

FROM NCL WEBSITE:

Messenger/Phone Features with Other Guests during your cruise (Nominal One-Time Fee During Cruise). Currently not available on Norwegian Pearl or Norwegian Jewel

Phone Calling with Family and Friends Back Home (Nominal Per Minute Fee During Cruise). Currently not available on Norwegian Pearl or Norwegian Jewel

I just got off the Breakaway and while the service was slow at times, the pricing was great! To only pay for MB and not minutes was wonderful! I had to check in with work and didn't know how much I would end up using, so I got the 1000 MB plan for $39 and over the course of the week I only used a little over 600 MB. There is a usage meter. I was online A LOT! Including uploading pictures to FB from my phone, even a short video of the fireworks. Checking emails constantly, browsing the internet. Once I realized how much I could do for so little MB, I used the internet often. The iConcierge doesn't use your MB, it's free.

I think it's a great plan and yes, you can switch from device to device. I used my phone, my tablet and my kids could log in from their phones when I let them use the password.

I just got off the Breakaway and while the service was slow at times, the pricing was great! To only pay for MB and not minutes was wonderful! I had to check in with work and didn't know how much I would end up using, so I got the 1000 MB plan for $39 and over the course of the week I only used a little over 600 MB. There is a usage meter. I was online A LOT! Including uploading pictures to FB from my phone, even a short video of the fireworks. Checking emails constantly, browsing the internet. Once I realized how much I could do for so little MB, I used the internet often. The iConcierge doesn't use your MB, it's free.

I think it's a great plan and yes, you can switch from device to device. I used my phone, my tablet and my kids could log in from their phones when I let them use the password.

This is fantastic news! We were looking for an inexpensive way to keep touch with our teens who are remaining behind (romantic celebration=adult alone time ;)). I'm assuming this would work well with text over internet? So, if I turned my airplane mode on and just left my smart phone on wifi... would this work to be able to text back and forth with my family?

This is fantastic news! We were looking for an inexpensive way to keep touch with our teens who are remaining behind (romantic celebration=adult alone time ;)). I'm assuming this would work well with text over internet? So, if I turned my airplane mode on and just left my smart phone on wifi... would this work to be able to text back and forth with my family?

There is a difference on texting via the cellphone and texting via the internet. If only your wifi is on, then it would be via the internet. If somebody sent a text to your PHONE NUMBER, then you would not get it, unless set up to get internet texts.

In any event, your phone would need to be logged into the ships system of course. And, you better not have any background apps that are always updating automatically.

I didn't text on the wifi plan, only used email or facebook to communicate with home.

I also have t-mobile, which has unlimited international data, so once in Bermuda I could text and use data with no charges.

So, for me, I kept my phone on airplane mode while on the ship and sailing. And then while in port, I took it off airplane and used the Bermuda phone service and the data plan from t-mobile.

It that better or worst. Never could figure out MB thing. Knowing NCL this is most likely worst. Hope I am wrong. Like how many MB for a simple e mail like " everything ok having fun " ? Or using apple messing sending a text over the internet to another iPhone ?

It is undoubtedly better.

I buy 240 minutes every cruise, as I have to check emails and things for work. I use a lot of minutes as it takes so long to load pages etc. I actually download very little data. Certainly not more than 1000mb.

Based on these rates, I would save around $60 a cruise.

I'm technologically illiterate.

Does this mean no per minute internet for laptops, tablets, etc.?

How would you decide which plan equates to standard email only usage?

If you use email software like outlook or email software installed on your phone hen 1MB is about 1000 pages of plain text email.

For webmail it will use much more. But I don't see any way to make this plan more expensive unless you download video.

I'm glad to hear about the new rates - prior internet package was way more than we needed. I just want to touch base a couple of times over the week with eldest son who is staying home; this seems just perfect.