Sunrise on Reflection

georgiaguy

If you wanted to watch the sun rise on Reflection (or other s-class as they are mostly the same) in a romantic spot, where would you watch from? (Think romantic proposal)

There is a secret door you can go through (pretty quiet area with chairs out on the deck) in Cafe el Bacio. Congrats!!!!

Edited by 20pluscruises

On the lawn!!! views everywhere!

AND if you ask X for help they may be able to supply you with those pretty black swatch plaid wool blankets, lanterns and picnic cocktail tables that they use when they have the jazz concerts on the lawn! I would even ask for some flowers. I bet they would definitley help you out. Cheers!

Sunrise - hope you are not thinking The Med in Summer!..Sunrise can be very early hours. .Then again perhaps you will be on your way to bed after a night entertainment?

This would be heading south from Miami beginning the first full day of the cruise next March. (I am an early planner, cruise has been booked since this past March lol) First day because it will also be his b-day that day and I also want to say something like "sunrise is the beginning of a new day and today we have a new beginning, the beginning of what I hope will be every sunset for the rest of our lives" or something like that.

Edited by georgiaguy

This would be heading south from Miami beginning the first full day of the cruise next March. (I am an early planner, cruise has been booked since this past March lol) First day because it will also be his b-day that day and I also want to say something like "sunrise is the beginning of a new day and today we have a new beginning, the beginning of what I hope will be every sunset for the rest of our lives" or something like that.

Love it! I agree that the lawn is such a nice area. I saw many sunsets from there, just no sunrises. The top deck (16) was usually very empty but wind will be plentiful. I don't know if it would be open, but the Sky Observation Lounge on deck 14 is beautiful with huge wrap around windows. This would help with the wind issue. I would have a few top contenders and then scout it out and see what feels right once you board. Best of luck! :D

No advice, but just a great big awwwww and wish for good luck! That's one lucky guy - sounds like a great set-up. :)

Question. How early can you get a bar drink? Here is the thought (would take some arranging with the crew). Have a us arrive at the designated spot just before sunrise to find two glasses of mimosa, a rose, and a special wrapped gift box. Since it is also his birthday I could tell him that I have a special bday surprise and when he opens the box it has a note that says "I love you and I have a question for you." Take his hand and go down on one knee and you know the rest. Thoughts?

Question. How early can you get a bar drink? Here is the thought (would take some arranging with the crew). Have a us arrive at the designated spot just before sunrise to find two glasses of mimosa, a rose, and a special wrapped gift box. Since it is also his birthday I could tell him that I have a special bday surprise and when he opens the box it has a note that says "I love you and I have a question for you." Take his hand and go down on one knee and you know the rest. Thoughts?

Bar drinks can be obtained from room service 24 hours or at that time of day (roughly 6:30) from Cafe al Bacio or perhaps the bar in the buffet. I would head to the Sunset bar. On the port side there is a cozy little spot down a couple of steps from the main bar area (behind the little wooden wall in the picture in the link - the picture is courtesy of another cruise critic poster I've forgotten the name of) - it has a banquette and comfy chairs and would likely be vacant at that time of day. As for the set up of the drinks, rose etc. perhaps you could enlist a crew member to assist - and they could also ask that others keep clear of the area?

Sunset Bar

Enlist some help from the Capt Club Hostess, you are Select, right? Most of them would love the chance to step out of the normall day to day of a sailing to help pull this off.

My 2 cents would be to do it off one side of the Sunset Bar on the aft. Nice seating area, just a short stair case up from the OV Cafe. There would be enought room for a few friends to just happen to 'stroll' thru and join the fun. The photographers would want in on the action too.

Bar drinks can be obtained from room service 24 hours or at that time of day (roughly 6:30) from Cafe al Bacio or perhaps the bar in the buffet. I would head to the Sunset bar. On the port side there is a cozy little spot down a couple of steps from the main bar area (behind the little wooden wall in the picture in the link - the picture is courtesy of another cruise critic poster I've forgotten the name of) - it has a banquette and comfy chairs and would likely be vacant at that time of day. As for the set up of the drinks, rose etc. perhaps you could enlist a crew member to assist - and they could also ask that others keep clear of the area?

Sunset Bar

Thanks so much for sharing your photos of the Reflection. My guests will love them as I do, I hope.

As we cruised into Naples on the Reflection in May, I wandered out onto our balcony and, lo and behold, sunrise over Vesuvius! Photo attached!

I could swear that was my picture! Were you on the May 12 sailing by any chance? It was a beautiful morning to be sailing into Naples.

So here is my idea. Our birthdays are only two days apart (his is March 15, I am March 17). A few months ago I came up with the idea of doing a very special Christmas/Birthday present. For Christmas this year I am going to give him the paperwork for the cruise that we will take on our birthdays. The cruise is 7 days on Celebrity Reflection from March 14-21, leaving from Miami. So here is what I am thinking: I am planning to find a way to get a a hold of cruise staff before hand and make some special arrangements. The first full day will be his birthday and so I want to start it with the proposal. Working with the crew I want to figure out a place to watch the sunrise as this is something we have done on a previous cruise and I will tell him I have a special birthday surprise for him. When we arrive at the designated spot I want to have a present, rose, and two glasses of mimosa . The present will be a wooden pencil box and when he opens it, it will have a letter written by me talking about our relationships and how much he means to me and ending with "and when you are done reading look up, I have one other thing to say" and then get on one knee and pop the question. So what do you think?

Edited by georgiaguy